IGNORED

Venture Official Release

Goochman

Sal continues to be the pile on the anus of the Atari world, the man is a deluded, self hating fool who does not mind bending the rules to suit him but then quotes bible and verse.

Sadly folks like Peteym are being over ruled by this complete buffoon...And what does Sal do, music, without Peteym he's a wannabe musician who managed to try and blame Altirra for his off key invention.

The creative drive is Peteym, not Sal but Sal acts like he's in control, Peteym, dump the baggage and go it alone, there are BRILLIANT musicians on here that would be lining up to help..

Just get some Anusol and smear that idiot out of your life..

• Like 3

Sal continues to be the pile on the anus of the Atari world, the man is a deluded, self hating fool who does not mind bending the rules to suit him but then quotes bible and verse.

Sadly folks like Peteym are being over ruled by this complete buffoon...And what does Sal do, music, without Peteym he's a wannabe musician who managed to try and blame Altirra for his off key invention.

The creative drive is Peteym, not Sal but Sal acts like he's in control, Peteym, dump the baggage and go it alone, there are BRILLIANT musicians on here that would be lining up to help..

Just get some Anusol and smear that idiot out of your life..

I agree 100 percent with what you just said!!!!

• Like 2

The answer is No. End of discussion.

- Sal

Looks like Sal is doing a version of "NO GAME FOR YOU!". I think your whole attitude led up to him making this decision. If I had copyrighted game material, I certainly will not give you a copy to you guys looking over the history of the crap you posted on this thread. WTF kind of response did you expect to get from SAL. It is not too hard to understand why he told you that,

Looks like Sal is doing a version of "NO GAME FOR YOU!". I think your whole attitude led up to him making this decision. If I had copyrighted game material, I certainly will not give you a copy to you guys looking over the history of the crap you posted on this thread. WTF kind of response did you expect to get from SAL. It is not too hard to understand why he told you that,

Pete, I have to say, it's really sad to see you using another account (which I am about to ban, and I am considering banning your main account) to attack people in this thread, as well as support your own posts.

..Al

It has been awhile since I worked on Venture and recently starting going through the code and track down this possible glitch on PAL Atari computers. The 32K version had some extra DMACTL being switched on and off within the VBI and DLI. It is possible the extra DMACTL is causing a glitch with PAL. The DLIs and VBIs were rewriiten to help make the game fit onto a 16K compressed cartridge and work better. Basically it was to do the same job in less space. The extra DMACTL was one of the things removed to reduce CPU and memory. Also the bank switching instructions also been reduced that saves CPU and memory.

The 16K cartridge should perform lot better on a PAL Atari Computer system.

1) Give? From the start I have been telling that I would pay the full price! (Which customer is paying the same for less?!?)

2) You are wrong; not Sal is doing the version of No Game For You, I am doing the version: I DON'T WANT A GAME FROM YOU*

*) You = Kjmann/Sal

@Albert - see, that's what I suspected too. I've bought 8K/16K/32K Eproms and the price difference was not a big difference. The boards might affect the price a bit, I don't know. Back when I played the work-in-progress versions of Venture, it was very well done except for the glitches (which had to have been fixed before the game got sold). I loved the music in particular. I remember the game wasn't very difficult to me, so the "plus" modes are a great idea because plain old Venture (especially easy Venture) isn't motivating enough to buy, to me.

I know some people feel really strong about some subjects, but it is not necessary to state the same point over and over again. WE GET THE PICTURE. I apologize for the course of actions I had to resort to.

I am therefore as the head programmer for Venture to make a formal request that this thread to be locked. I would start a new thread myself that is aimed at technical problems and questions about the programs I write. However if the same subjects about the media choices, prices, and distribution, don't expect me to give it priority attention.

Edited by peteym5

I know some people feel really strong about some subjects, but it is not necessary to state the same point over and over again. WE GET THE PICTURE. I apologize for the course of actions I had to resort to.

I am therefore as the head programmer for Venture to make a formal request that this thread to be locked. I would start a new thread myself that is aimed at technical problems and questions about the programs I write. However if the same subjects about the media choices, prices, and distribution, don't expect me to give it priority attention.

If you think that this is all about the same point, you really don't understand a single word from what is written here; and perhaps that is the reason why certain subjects keep repeating, because you (and your people) do not get the point.

It's not all the time about the same!

Since your game is BUGGY (!) suddenly very painful is emphasized WHY your choice for a cart-only is a wrong choice.

You guys pick that choice because you are scared to death for a pirated copy, but you forget that this choice is a wrong choice in case of issues (which are obvious the case with this game).

I know I was trying to help improving your game; the only thing I need for that is a working copy; which I wanted to PAY for, to sign for.

How can I help, when I don't have the game?

You can not expect from me (and from anyone else) I'm going to BUY and PAY for a CARTRIDGE that CAN NOT be updated, while it is already CLEAR that the game is DEFECT (!)

That is WHY I kept asking for a ROM DUMP! To be able to HELP, and to be able to UPDATE in case of a BUG FIX.

If you did not get that, yes I keep asking it in a DIFFERENT way, because i HOPE that the point will FINALLY be CLEAR for people like Sal.

I am really surprised by the different faces you have. You could have told me your personal feelings about all this in PM. We were talking about this in PM too!

You need an extra account to make your point?

Sorry, I really have zero respect for that. I think it is pathetic.

Get a life.

(Important note (to myself)): This is not a request for a download-version, but there is something like that in this.

Please consider this:

1. When I buy this cart, and yes I'm planning to buy it. I have to pay shipping costs, and when I'm very unlucky I have to pay a terrible high custom fee... but OK, I'll pay all that to receive the cart.

2. As soon as the Cart is here, I'll dump the cart for private use and put it on my THE!CART or MyIDE ][. There is (of course) no protection in the code to prevent running from these devices, since these devices act 100% like the original; for the atari and the code there is no chance to detect it's a fake cart.

3. I will never use the original cart, but always use the dumped-version on The!Cart.

Why do I have to follow these steps if:

1. I pay the $40 the cart is listed for, and I receive the .ROM dump of the cart.

It's 100% the same risk for the authors, and they even are free for me to add some unique code to the dump; I do not spread the dump period (I would not spread my own dump in the other case too).

Benefits:

1) I could play the game tonight (in stead of waiting for weeks before finally something from USA is received here)

2) I save shipping costs and custom fee

3) I save Video61 a lot of work (shipping/handling)

4) Nor Video61 nor I have a risk of a lost package.

5) It's not a XEX or ATR file so the chance of hacking/piracy is as big (or better as small) as with dumping a bought cart.

I would be glad to pay my 40 USD for the game. Please take this as a order-request, and do not bash my question.

And yes, I would probably buy the cart if I can not buy it this way, but you can count on it I'll be back if there is a BUG found (which is probably there, since it is not tested on real PAL hardware).

And before I buy a cart, I want to know: what IF there is a bug? You still are not going to send a fixed .ROM file which I can burn again? We do have to exchange carts then? (Again: shipping, risks of lost package etc.?)

So please, let me buy the ROM dump. Not a binary executable or an ATR, but simply the ROM dump.

Thanks in advance,

M.

If you would buy the .ROM file you weren't be able to do the following AFTER dumping it to your "fake cartridge":

1) put cart pack in package

2) set up an eBay auction

3) after receiving $40 from someone pack it up and send it off

4) enjoy the game on the fake cart for (almost) no costs :)

BTW, IF people WOULD do something like this, there wouldn't be any pirated copies in the wild, BUT still money lost for the developers. ;)

• Like 1

Pete, I have to say, it's really sad to see you using another account (which I am about to ban, and I am considering banning your main account) to attack people in this thread, as well as support your own posts.

..Al

I new he was one of those guys but my guess was Lance or Sal. Pete surprises me.

• Like 4

I get the impression that Pete alone is a nice bloke who just likes making games and wants to earn a crust for the hard work which is totally fair.

Hopefully there will be a split from Sal and things will get better, if not and Pete is of the same attitude as Sal then it will eventually fold...

Customer attitude is VITAL....You piss them off and they rarely come back..

• Like 3

I said several times and read this carefully. THE 16K VERSION HAD THIS PROBLEM CORRECTED AND WE HAD IT TESTED. It was tested and completed before I made an announcement that I am working on a compressed version. I just needed time to go back through the source code and verify that the causes of the problem had been removed. I just had it tested again and got the same report it runs on PAL.

Cool it's all fixed!!

??will the people who got the bad cartridges that don't run on PAL will get a pre-paid mailer sent to them to return the ones that are defective and have replacements sent to them free of charge??

??Will they get a binary/rom that they can find someone to re-burn their cartridges (provided they can find someone and have it done for free)??

??Will the double sided sticky tape revolution be put down??..

??Can our caped crusaders straighten and affix a label facing the right direction and fit within the lines??...

This and more may be resolved... tune in tomorrow folks!!

... same Bat time.... same Bat channel...!! <<=--

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Anyone who had an issue with the Williams Cartridge should contact Lance @ AtariSales. Posting complaints on here is futile since Lance does not come here, and KJMANN does not come on here often.

The 16K cartridge has a whole different board, chip, and shell that all fit together. New Labels had to be made because they are the Atari Brown Shell with a 2x2 space for the label.

Ok... Got a good reply from video61.

He explains to me that when a rom dump is shown on the Internet they can conclude it was spread by someone who bought the cart.

When they (now) start releasing rom dumps it would make it harder to find the person who started spreading. (I used my own words)

Good enough.

I'll wait for the bug fix and purchase a cart then.

Because when you have 20 carts sold it's a lot easier to track down who dumped it, if they sold a 100 downloads then it would be harder. :-)

Is the A8 market big enough to actually support someone as their full time job?

• Like 3

Very naughty. I won't be downloading it though.

Hey, I know that people in the music world didn't like DRM, but could it be something that could be incorporated into ours?

i.e. A file gets DRM'd and shipped out to the customer.

Altirra (if Avery was willing to implement) would then be able to read through the DRM.

Such a file could be ran until date X and then it would stop working and Altirra deliberately corrupts it if possible for good measure after that date.

Make it difficult enough that with such a small userbase, nobody will bother writing a DRM removal tool.

OK, you wouldn't be able to play it on a real Atari, but you'd get the idea of if you like the game or not.

... just trying to be constructive...

<Edit>

Hopefully this will also help more people to be able play test it (as you are play testing up until a certain date). After that date, the cartridge becomes available.

Or would it be difficult as you're not play testing a cartridge, you're play testing a file??

Edited by snicklin
  • Like 1