IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

Elektronite, First Star Software, Inc. and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. are combining to bring you Boulder Dash ® Volume 1 for Intellivision on the 30th anniversary of the franchise!

Our developer is hard at work with the game, and our artist is redoing the original art and Boulder Dash logo.

This is a work in progress and things are subject to change. That being said, I'd like to give people on Atari Age a sneak peek at some of the game.

The first thing to show is the First Star Splash Screen which will be shown after the traditional Elektronite splash. You can see it compared side by side with the First Star Logo.

Second is an ACTUAL Intellivision Boulder Dash Intellivision title screen. It is fully animated.

Finally, our re-working of the original art shown on an Elektronite pink box. The diamonds are not coloured yet, and the other colours have to be tweaked a bit, but as you can see, it is coming along nicely.

We are on track for a summer 2014 release.

post-31813-0-58109900-1384316631_thumb.png

post-31813-0-02442700-1384316653_thumb.png

post-31813-0-90540800-1384316669_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Volume 1 is the original first in the series. It will have the same boards, music, etc. As close to the original as technically possible.

Right now, the game mechanics are being worked on, and the graphics aren't polished. When we get the first level playable, and with some cool graphics, I'll show the game screen.

Also, when we finalize the box art, I'll post an update.

• Like 1

The latest version of the art.

Work in Progress - Subject to Change

I am glad to hear that people are keen about the game. It is encouraging that people are saying things like 'put me down for two'.

The game won't be a limited release, so you will be able to buy as many as you want.

However, the TIME limit for purchasing runs out in August 2015.

post-31813-0-35410700-1384358889_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I once met the original game designer for boulderdash. We had a tour of his studio. He boughts us pizza. Great game too. I have/Had the Colecovision version. I still have the case but I may have loaned the cart and never got it back. I still have the case at least.

I will order 2 copies when it is available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Boulder Dash ® box design has been approved by First Star Software, Inc.

Elektronite and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. is pleased to present you with the final box design, as well as the First Star splash screen and Boulder Dash ® title screen.

Game play screens will be shown when graphics are finalized.

The game is on track for a summer 2014 release on the 30th anniversary of Boulder Dash ®

post-31813-0-85238100-1387054221_thumb.png

post-31813-0-56286200-1387054229_thumb.gif

post-31813-0-93016800-1387054236_thumb.gif

post-31813-0-81441300-1387054244_thumb.png

• Like 10