IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

Ordered from Nabor Hood Games. I hope its as fun as it looks.

I trust that you got your copy of Boulder Dash® for Intellivison already? How do you like it?

So far, we've had a lot of positive feedback from our customers.

Here is a picture of Richard Spitalny, (Left) the president of First Star Software, Inc. and Chris Gray (Right) enjoying Intellivision Boulder Dash® at Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas in September 2014. Richard was the original publisher of Boulder Dash® 'back in the day' and Chris was a co-designer of the game.

Fewer than 100 copies remain! Don't miss out on this extremely well done port of this acclaimed game!

Pick up your copy at www.naberhood.com today!

post-31813-0-75990800-1431674159_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally played this for the first time since William showed it to me at CGE. I've never played Boulderdash before so I have no history with it and clearly it's going to take me some time to figure out all the physics, but it strikes me as yet another really well done game. I think I only made it to the third level so I clearly need to put in some more time but it is definitely one I'll be going back to. Congrats William on another high quality release.

• 1 year later...

Hey, sorry for reviving a long dead thread, but I have been playing enough of the Atari 800 version of "Boulder Dash" that I have decided that the game itself is one that I want to add to my collection. I don't really have a system preference... so how does this version compare to the Atari original? If it is comparable, I would be very interested...

Edited by DiscoDr.Bones

Having never played Boulder Dash before getting this cart, it's an awesome game. It has that "I bet if I did X instead of Y, I'd get past that, one more go" quality to it. I was really pleased that the cart saves high scores. I feel lucky to have ended up with a copy of it. I'm still coming to grips with the rock-drop physics. I'm never quite sure if a rock is going to fall to the left or right or at all yet.

• Like 3

Hey, sorry for reviving a long dead thread, but I have been playing enough of the Atari 800 version of "Boulder Dash" that I have decided that the game itself is one that I want to add to my collection. I don't really have a system preference... so how does this version compare to the Atari original? If it is comparable, I would be very interested...

The game is co-published by First Star Software and Elektronite. What that means in a real sense is that the game had to pass strict quality control from First Star. If it wasn't a good version, it would never have been released. The game play is exactly like the original Atari version. The colours are monochrome compared to the Atari, but far brighter in my opinion. The game features the original 20 caves, but there is a secret mode where you can invoke 5 very involved secret caves that are unique to the Intellivision.

On the Intellivision podcast, when they talked about the game, there was someone who claimed that he liked it better than the original.

The game plays the same speed on PAL as it does on NTSC. It has different speed sound effects however.

You can save your scores on the cartridge itself. The Intellivision version is still available and will no doubt become one of the rarer versions in the franchise. You can get it at www.naberhood.com

• Like 1

Just curious, what happened to the limited sales time frame? I though that FSS only allowed the sales for x amount of time. Early post states:

However, the TIME limit for purchasing runs out in August 2015.

I believe that was the time limit for Elektronite to sell them and since Tim bought all the remaining copies effectively he is a secondary market seller and therefore not subject to that timeframe. My best guess.

• Like 1

I believe that was the time limit for Elektronite to sell them and since Tim bought all the remaining copies effectively he is a secondary market seller and therefore not subject to that timeframe. My best guess.

I guess that is one way of doing it, and it makes sense.

The game is co-published by First Star Software and Elektronite. What that means in a real sense is that the game had to pass strict quality control from First Star. If it wasn't a good version, it would never have been released. The game play is exactly like the original Atari version. The colours are monochrome compared to the Atari, but far brighter in my opinion. The game features the original 20 caves, but there is a secret mode where you can invoke 5 very involved secret caves that are unique to the Intellivision.

On the Intellivision podcast, when they talked about the game, there was someone who claimed that he liked it better than the original.

The game plays the same speed on PAL as it does on NTSC. It has different speed sound effects however.

You can save your scores on the cartridge itself. The Intellivision version is still available and will no doubt become one of the rarer versions in the franchise. You can get it at www.naberhood.com

I just played the A8bit version last night, and I may have to agree with him. The only thing the original might have over the Inty is the smooth scrolling, but even that I'm not sold on. The block-shifting that happens on the Inty version makes it easier to not move too far ahead of the scroll rate. Graphically, the Inty game uses much more attractive colors. They're nice and bright, while the Atari has very dull, earthy tones (that was likely the idea, though). The sound effects are nice. I particularly like the musical tones played when crystals fall. I also had an easier time controlling with the disc than with a CX-40.

If this version isn't better than the original, then it's on equal ground at worst.

Edited by zetastrike
  • Like 1