IGNORED

Huge collection of Atari 8-bit software on BD-R

Dragon375

I would love to know what became of the "atari magazine archive" that i hear about from time to time. I always wondered why atari didn't have a collection of books and mags like the commodore guys do. Sounds like the shitty apple 2 "community" to me...

atarimania.com - click "mags" ... or click "Atari 400/800" then "books/docs"

I am not connected with the site in any way - but it is an amazing site that is 99% all give for the community.

Edited by ThumpNugget

there are more atari books in the commodore archive.

Come on... There are 138 (8-bit) books in just the "books" section... that doesn't even count the manuals (another 130) technical documents (another 30) all for free download this is the 8-bit only section so it is not counting the ST.. They are pushing 1000 Atari magazine/newsletters.

If they have more Atari material it is because they took from that site and added one - how can you put a negative spin on that?? Please post the commodre link...

Edited by ThumpNugget

What are you talking about? You don't have to be a member to download anything from the database.

Allan

I think hes just trolling at this point...

I'm assuming he is talking about bombjack.. the atari section has a combined total of 18 documents.

Edited by ThumpNugget

Just weeding out the crackpots. I like the implication that the books were stolen from a site.... good one.

I keep hearing about some atari archive book/mag archive that was taken down due to a bunch of copyright whiners. If someone knows something about this or has the archive, I can host it with no fear of someone forcing it down...

I think hes just trolling at this point...

I'm assuming he is talking about bombjack.. the atari section has a combined total of 18 documents.

Yea, I think your right, ThumpNugget. I'll just go back to scanning 'Members Only' documents now. :)

Allan

Just weeding out the crackpots. I like the implication that the books were stolen from a site.... good one.

I keep hearing about some atari archive book/mag archive that was taken down due to a bunch of copyright whiners. If someone knows something about this or has the archive, I can host it with no fear of someone forcing it down...

Who said stolen? (I mean beside you) Where is the link? I want to get some of this extra stuff you said was there...

Sounds reasonable. I'll distribute it for free on a website. Of course, I'll charge membership fees for the server bandwidth.

How does that sit?

Have you ever tried writing and selling/distributing your own software or are you just taking from others with no respect to their rights whatsoever?

Edited by atari8warez

Sure it is. you can download it for free at will. Once you are a member. no charge for the download, only for server costs. Seems legit.

I'd say you are trolling....., imagine every god d**ned website requiring you to become a paid member first to do anything on their website, after all everybody is paying to run their server..... try to make some sense please.

Edited by atari8warez

You're are partially correct, as i am not going to charge people, it was a "what if" alternative to the idea of selling a disc. Honestly he should have said the disc was $2 and shipping and handling was $18.

All this complaining did was cause him to decide not to share. Good job. I understand you are butt-hurt about being wrong about the gpl.

You're are partially correct, as i am not going to charge people, it was a "what if" alternative to the idea of selling a disc. Honestly he should have said the disc was $2 and shipping and handling was $18.

All this complaining did was cause him to decide not to share. Good job. I understand you are butt-hurt about being wrong about the gpl.

Provide the link or you are a useless lying troll.

• Like 1

Actually, I did decide to share... just not here. All the bitching and then those same people PM'ing me to try to get a copy. No way do I want to be involved in that mess. You people really need to get a life. Even after I said I would remove software that people didnt want shared, the bitching continued. I am actually sorry I offered to share in the first place. It is surprising to me that so many people say they want to preserve this software, then act like it is their god-given right to tell me what I should do with archived material that physically resides with me. Some of the stuff is freely available on the web, some isnt. Go ahead and take your self-righteous asses out and download it yourself. Some of the archive was given to me from a couple of old school BBS sysops, and you really wont find that anywhere. Since they were given to me, it is my choice what to do with them. All your complaining is not going to force me to do anything. It seems to me that these complainers should brush up on their social skills when someone offers something they cant get elsewhere. All your arguments led me to believe that I picked the wrong group to offer it to. So, I wont. Simple solution, eh?

Actually, I did decide to share... just not here. All the bitching and then those same people PM'ing me to try to get a copy. No way do I want to be involved in that mess. You people really need to get a life. Even after I said I would remove software that people didnt want shared, the bitching continued. I am actually sorry I offered to share in the first place. It is surprising to me that so many people say they want to preserve this software, then act like it is their god-given right to tell me what I should do with archived material that physically resides with me. Some of the stuff is freely available on the web, some isnt. Go ahead and take your self-righteous asses out and download it yourself. Some of the archive was given to me from a couple of old school BBS sysops, and you really wont find that anywhere. Since they were given to me, it is my choice what to do with them. All your complaining is not going to force me to do anything. It seems to me that these complainers should brush up on their social skills when someone offers something they cant get elsewhere. All your arguments led me to believe that I picked the wrong group to offer it to. So, I wont. Simple solution, eh?

lool you are so passive aggressive. see ya!

• Like 1

post-15627-0-20171400-1384667522_thumb.gif

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1