IGNORED

The NEW Hign Score Club S2 ~ Week 28 ~ Cosmic Ark

Vocelli

post-34560-0-05788600-1385172955_thumb.jpg

(I'll be back with the picture, don't have it with me right now)

Lid, i love mate too! that's my caffeine of choice

also i love beer

but i don't think either one of them help my gaming, except sometimes! ha ha ha

while we're mentioning quality imagic titles we might as well throw in Subterranea, that one's pretty good as well

I too am faring about the same as I did at 12 yrs old.

bummer when those wiggly ones dodge my bullets! doesn't seem fair...

I have a "strategy" which doesn't work for some reason. I thought if I take only one of two beasties each time, I can cheesily score an extra few points blasting rocks before going back & going to the next planet. this would also ensure a fuel refill each time leaving a planet. but for some reason It hasn't worked out for me so far, I don't understand the flaw in my reasoning!

maybe it just takes longer so my concentration suffers

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

5210 to get on the board. And to be honest I just stepped back and let it end because I really had no idea how I was scoring anything? Off to read the manual now, hopefully a much better score and pic will follow??? If not I got a shot of this score and will post if I don't improve on beginners luck. Never played this before.

• Like 1

I have a "strategy" which doesn't work for some reason. I thought if I take only one of two beasties each time, I can cheesily score an extra few points blasting rocks before going back & going to the next planet. this would also ensure a fuel refill each time leaving a planet. but for some reason It hasn't worked out for me so far, I don't understand the flaw in my reasoning!

As far as I understood the manual, the fuel refill happens only after totally clearing a planet. Your strategy therefore is rather counterproductive, because you have to risk space twice for one bonus and refill. I do it too, by the way. Mostly because I am too much of a slug to catch them both in one go. So I have to hurry back into the ship - and then get wasted by meteors in space.

• Like 1

My personal tip for the later levels, when the lasers get more and more rapid, is to try to take only one creature at a time, then return to the ship, destroy the meteor when it comes at you, then go through another flurry of meteors and then get the other creature. Not only is this easier, but it allows you more points.

As far as I understood the manual, the fuel refill happens only after totally clearing a planet. Your strategy therefore is rather counterproductive, because you have to risk space twice for one bonus and refill. I do it too, by the way. Mostly because I am too much of a slug to catch them both in one go. So I have to hurry back into the ship - and then get wasted by meteors in space.

I thought from reading the manual that you only get a FULL refill if you clear the planet WITHOUT the warning signal sounding. Which is much easier to do when there is only one beastie to abduct! So I figured that way each time I leave to a new planet (even though it takes two turns), at least I'll have full power every other time I fight rocks. But you're right it does add more risk,especially at the faster stages. I realized it also makes it impossible to get a full refill EVERY rock fight. So I'm just charging straight ahead now!

Awesome score north coast !

-6590- slight improvement, and pic.post-33986-0-11589600-1385010124_thumb.jpg Totally agree on this being a "twitch" game. I love the "twitch" screen, always spend to much time out of the ship on the "save the idiots screen". I say "F" em if they want to run away and die on the bad planet!! GAME-ON!!!……….We are saving the idiots right? Or are we capturing them for twisted experiments and eminent death? Either way they are IDIOTS!! IMO anyway. :)

• Like 1

After getting a decent early score, I haven't been doing well with this game at all. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm too spastic or if I'm insufficiently spastic to get the "twitch" of this game :ponder: :-D

I find that I do better at twitch games... oddly enough... when I am absolutely exhausted.

I'm trying for a better score, and I didn't take a pic because I know I can do better... but I'm averaging around 17k. :)

• Like 1

New, and probably last score I will post this week: 13,420.

I am definetly too slow for higher scores. This one here was one in about 20 attempts, all of which ended very very quickly - and regularly like a clockwork between 10,000 and 10,500 points. I reach this score easily, with full energy - and then die. Seems to be a threshold I can only cross with extreme luck. Which is why I'm content with this score here and hope that no one reaches the magic number 3.

post-34656-0-65126000-1385135485_thumb.png

• Like 1

New, and probably last score I will post this week: 13,420.

I am definetly too slow for higher scores. This one here was one in about 20 attempts, all of which ended very very quickly - and regularly like a clockwork between 10,000 and 10,500 points. I reach this score easily, with full energy - and then die. Seems to be a threshold I can only cross with extreme luck. Which is why I'm content with this score here and hope that no one reaches the magic number 3.

But your score has a 3.

• Like 2

Finally got to see the little Pac-Men

I had to go four rounds before getting the two robots before that. The first two rounds I couldn't get any of them because my guy kept getting hit. That was frustrating. All the numbers in my scores lately have been less than 2 and more than 4, so I don't think I have a chance at any bonus.

post-2105-0-45108600-1385150011_thumb.jpg

• Like 2