IGNORED

The NEW Hign Score Club S2 ~ Week 28 ~ Cosmic Ark

Vocelli

post-34560-0-59831700-1385173279_thumb.jpg

hooray I got a 2...

you're rockin' Miss2600! I'm happy to be keeping up, I was getting a little discouraged with this game but I think I'm starting to build up some "fast-twitch muscle memory!"

I was also happy to see "the little pac-men"

I am always enjoying how my appreciation grows for these games from competing at them and getting better at them (except for coco nuts and commando raid, ha ha). especially Octopus, I was surprised to find I liked it by the end of the week.

• Like 4

Never played this game back in the days...found it on a flea-market a few years ago, but never played it - this game is very "2600-ish" - simple, but fun -and it takes advantage of the 128 (or 256?) colors of the system. Don't want to see this on a .......Colecovision :evil:.

There's an interesting fact about the stars in Cosmic Ark.

As I've heard this effect was accomplished by exploiting a bug in the hardware!

The same effect is present in Boulder Dash title screen.

I think there are some Atari units without this bug, not sure.

I don't like to die only for more bonus points...

But I don't think the competition is primary made for rankings, this season is one of the best because it's fun for everyone.

During the season, I kept changing my mind towards between playing for tourney points and playing for fun and achieving higher scores.

I think playing for fun is way better and satisfying, though that doesn't imply I never will try to max my tourney points as in this case.

post-32348-0-09410500-1385293366_thumb.jpg
Now the question is: can I try again and score 23,330? Should I keep that score?
  • Like 3

to JacobZu7zu7: I had logged some of your scores into a chart I made for the best scores I could find for games I like. That was before I started playing in the HSC, so it's good to see you playing here now!

Hey that's cool, must have been Season 9, where I put the pedal to the metal that year...

and yeah I'm a long timer HSC'er... lol. Nice to meet you, and I see you at 7800 HSC also :)

How about some useless trivia, This past February (2013), is my 10 year anniversary at AtariAge!

Time flies...

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2