IGNORED

The 2600 Vader list

Mister-VCS

If you have an Atari VCS 2600A "Vader", post the serial number, the country it was manufactured, if it's NTSC, PAL, or SECAM, and any other interesting

information (i.e. smooth or rough front, missing cartridge connector protection) THANKS!

NTSC

PAL

343AI0055650- Mister-VCS (smooth front, with cartridge connector protection, Made in Ireland)

Two Vaders, both PAL, made in New Zealand.

Unfortunately, one has the serial number missing (pictured) and the other, I peeled off the damaged / falling apart serial number and manufacturer sticker and suck it inside when I was washing the plastic shell so it wouldn't get lost.

Crazy to see they were made literally 10 mins down the road, in the Auckland suburb of Glenfield.

Funny, considering they were both posted from other parts of the country.

Smooth fronts, both in great condition, after lovingly cleaning shells in warm water with an old toothbrush and doing the old turning the foam switch pads upside-down to reveal the clean side.

post-37355-0-01159700-1384672122_thumb.jpg

post-37355-0-11004500-1384672128_thumb.jpg

CX-2600A

S.N. 82590534

NTSC

Manufactured in Taiwan.

Found it in the classifieds for $20. Came with 2 joysticks, an OEM power supply, a universal switchbox, six games, an Atari catalog and the Centipede comic. I cleaned it inside and out - joysticks too, sold the games and now I'm collecting all Activision games. The smooth black goes very well with the CX-40 joysticks (the ones without the orange rings, which rub off very easily).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Atari 2600 Video Computer System black (Vader), Made in Ireland, PAL-B, serial 533AI0027253 (console) (no serial on box)

normal_Atari_VCS_2600_all_black.jpg

Atari 2600 Video Computer System black (Vader), Made in Ireland, PAL-B, serial 14 AI 015168 (console) (no serial on box)

normal_Atari_2600_VCS_all_black_28Vader_

Edited by high voltage

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...