IGNORED

[Poll] Mario Bros.

Ikrananka

Mario Bros.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play Mario Bros. in the HSC?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Can you play Mario Bros. via emulator or the Ultimate SD cart?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm considering including Mario Bros. as one of the homebrew games to play this season. However, this is complicated by the fact that multiple versions of the game have been released on cartridge with some of the changes affecting gameplay difficulty. This alone would make a Mario Bros. HSC difficult to adjudicate and would make it likely unfair. CollectorVision members do have the option to download a rom file for Mario Bros. and so this could be an option to level the playing field, i.e. all players would have to commit to download the rom and play the game either on an emulator or on a console using an AtariMax Ultimate SD Multicart.

So, I'm canvassing for opinions to determine the appetite and acceptance level for playing this game in the HSC with the restrictions described above.

You will have to consider the Revision of the game

Last release is more difficult than the Atarimax SD cart included rom

J-F, is the rom that can be downloaded from the CollectorVision website the last release or the same as that on the Atarimax SD cart or a different version entirely. I was thinking that the downloaded rom would be the best option because this would be available to everyone and would ensure a consistent version to play.

J-F, is the rom that can be downloaded from the CollectorVision website the last release or the same as that on the Atarimax SD cart or a different version entirely. I was thinking that the downloaded rom would be the best option because this would be available to everyone and would ensure a consistent version to play.

The rom from Collectorvision website must be the same as the Atarimax SD one

The last revision was made to being more closer to the arcade version

This version is a bit harder than the early releases

Haven't we had enough of Mario? Having just had Donkey Kong & Dk Jr I'd rather see a different game. If its for season 8 I'd say yes, but for now I've had more than enough Mario

I'm not saying it would be the next game, or even the one after that - just for sometime in Season 7. Likely after December and so a decent break after the Donkey Kong games. The games are quite different though even if they do all revolve around that annoying plumber.

Firstly, thank you very much to retroillucid for offering this game rom.

But the Mario Bros. Rom, that I loaded down, doesn't run on Blue MSX.

In the blueMSX "Insert ROM" dialog, after highlighting the file, the "ROM Type" dropdown box springs to life at the bottom of dialog. You need to select the dropdown and choose "ColecoVision MegaCart®" from the list before clicking the Open button.