IGNORED

[Poll] Mario Bros.

Ikrananka

Mario Bros.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play Mario Bros. in the HSC?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Can you play Mario Bros. via emulator or the Ultimate SD cart?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I played Mario Bros for a bit a noticed its harder to get all the coins on the coin phase because the way 2 of them are placed.
The coins above the ones with the red circle could be moved over a bit also.
see screenshot and a comparision the Atari 7800 version coin phase
Other than that a pretty awesome game. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-22103-0-32261300-1384901655_thumb.png

post-22103-0-29085200-1384901669_thumb.png

Edited by roadrunner

Mario brothers should work in the colem emulator as well. I've played it several times in the wii version.

WiiColEm (that is ColEm for the Wii) had support for the MegaCart standard added by the programmer of the Wii version. The original DOS version of ColEm and other ports do not support the MegaCart standard. Without this added support, Mario Bros. and Pac-Man Collection would not work at all.

Thanks for bringing up WiiColEm! I've been meaning to set the HomeBrew Channel and WiiColEm up on my old Wii with a non-functioning drive and looks like today will be the perfect day... cold outside and lots of football to watch.

• Like 1

I played Mario Bros for a bit a noticed its harder to get all the coins on the coin phase because the way 2 of them are placed. :thumbsup:

Because the coin placement is based off of the Arcade game and IIRC the NES version (been a while) is the same. The programmers of the 7800 version probably thought getting both coins with one jump was a little too hard (it isn't) and placed the coins closer together.

ED: posting pics of the 7800 and CV versions of Mario Bros. side-by-side really goes to show what an incredible job the CV developers and graphic artists did on this GEM of a Homebrew release!

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2