IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

You actually have a pretty early one--that is the last week of February (Eighth Week), 1980.

Ksarul, please, can you (or someone else) explain how to decode the assembly code in detail? Perhaps you can write an article on ninerpedia?

I found a TI-99/4A in my pool with the following code: LTA2483

Edited by HackMac

Ksarul, please, can you (or someone else) explain how to decode the assembly code in detail? Perhaps you can write an article on ninerpedia?

I found a TI-99/4A in my pool with the following code: LTA2483

I think it is week 24 in 1983 (in german: 24. Kalenderwoche in 1983)

• Like 1

Added this to my TI collection today for $9

I don't have that calculator. Expect it was a download. Is the first link below less than $9 ?

Pacman for the TI84+C! Get it at http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/456/45664.html Next I'm going to be working on a few game engines, testing different stuff out. Register at http://assemblybandit.com to be a play tester! Like this game at https://www.facebook.com/assemblybandit

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally took the time to tidy up the Gotek LCD drive mods into a single unit, which gave me room to put a real 3.5" floppy back in.

post-42954-0-08978300-1451256383_thumb.jpg

post-42954-0-35681300-1451256429_thumb.jpg

I used to have the select button dangling out on a breadboard, and the display wedged into the second 3.5" frame. Now I have the I2C LCD1602 displays on some aluminium standoffs mounted on the 3.5" to 5.25" drive bay adapter, and the select switch is added right inside the gotek drive itself.

-M@

• Like 5

OK, I finally got around to doing this. Here is my TI 99/4a setup.

This is my desk with both my TI 99/4a and my every day Mac (I am a programmer by trade, but mostly "big data" and machine learning stuff). The TI 9/4a is the original unit I bought with my paper route money back in 1983. I have since enhanced the console with a F18A, and enhanced my PEB with both the flex card tune up and the 2 amp power upgrade, though I haven't yet installed the second disk drive to justify it.

TI 99/4a Desk

Inside my PEB:

Installed expansion cards

There you will find the upgrade flex card, the standard 32K card, a P-Code card (old style without the power switch), an RS-232 upgraded with HDX (purchased from Arcade Shopper), a SID Master card I assembled (love that SID 6581 music), and my original Myrac disk controller.
I have a decent collection of carts, but they are in storage, so no pictures. I like having carts like the 2048K Games 1 so that I don't have to have a pile of them on my desk. Also love the HDX connection with my Mac.
Also in storage is an MBX unit, an OSCAR Data Bar, a Super Sketch, a non-working triple tech card (need to fix that), a ram disk card, and some other oddities. I would love to pick up a Geneva someday. I remember wanting one of those when they came out, but was headed off to college and they had fancy computers there to play with, so my TI went into storage until about 5 years ago when I brought it out to show my kids what computers used to be like. I also remember wanting the CP/M card when I was a kid because I somehow had the belief that it was the best language to know. I also recently picked up some beige units that I let my kids play on, and a nanoPEB.
I use the TI these days mostly for nostalgia gaming, teaching programming to my kids (TI Logo II and TI Basic), and enjoying the currently vibrant home-brew scene going on here at Atari Age. If I ever get time (day job and family keeps me busy), I intend to (re)learn assembly language and see what I can do. I probably would be most interested in messing with the SID Master card.
  • Like 8

BTW - is that you sucking face in the photo? :grin:

Um .. yeah. That's from many years ago back when me and my wife got engaged. The drawing above the TI 99/4a monitor (the left one) is my daughter's impression of my more recent appearance. What the years will do to you :skull:

• Like 1