IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Here is my setup. I know, embarrassing, but here's the story...

I was browsing Youtube the other day, checking out retro gaming videos (C64 stuff initially) and came across a gameplay video for Hunt the Wumpus. My wife generally tolerates me, and our kids are doing their own thing, but then my son (5 1/2 years) stops dead in his tracks and is mesmerized by the video. He starts asking all sorts of questions "What happened?", "Did the Wumpus chomp the guy?" "The Wumpus, he's a good hider?" and so on. We'll I couldn't just let that slide, so I get on the phone with my Dad "Hey Dad, do you still have the TI-99/4a?" Dad,"No, we gave that to you a few years ago..." So then I start racking my brain, do I have that in storage or did it get lost to the ages? I emptied out nearly all of my under-stair storage area, and come across this box, with just a glint of stainless showing through the closed top I knew what it was immediately.

The RF modulator was broken, the two lead prong (?) connector was ripped off, so first thing I had to do is figure out how to get video. That's where these forms came in and I was able to do the RCA composite hack with my video cable.

Success!

I'm still looking to rebuild my cartridge collection, I have many manuals, but the cartridges have been lost over time. Also, seeing such a vibrant community on here has inspired me to designate a proper home for the the TI (In fact my 17 year old when taking out the garbage the other day asked, "Is this supposed to go in the trash?" :-o )

I had no idea there was so much going on in this community and my wife thinks I'm crazy for spending 2 hours a night for the past two weeks "doing research", but I'm happy to be a part of it.

Out of cold storage

Edited by gheller-iii
  • Like 14

What you have now is a perfect start, as you have almost al of the must have items already (a sidecar 32K would probably be the only thing you need to get most of the new software running, and those are both relatively inexpensive and available. Look on the Arcadeshopper site for lots of games and such, which may make your cartridge hunt a lot easier. There are modern multicartridges out there with well over 100 games on them--but they do need the 32K to work.

Welcome back--and my eight-year-old loves his TI too. . .

• 3 weeks later...

This is my system

post-46961-0-78151800-1479515380_thumb.jpg

Left:

TI99/4A "Local" console (sold by TI Argentina) PAL output, connected via YPbPr cable. XB cartridge.

Right:

TI99/4A US version. F18A installed. Flashrom99 Speech. PEB with 32K and unmodified RS232 and Disk Memory cards. Lotharek, 3,5 and 5.25 diskette drives

Also present: a C64 PAL with SD2IEC virtual disk drive

• Like 5

Excellent setup! Do you have a console with the 1982 Spanish-language Title Screen? I'm still trying to find one of those for my setup. . .along with a Logo I module in Spanish. I have the Logo II already.

Thanks!!

Sadly no, vanilla 1981 english title screen. Probably a early model, as the power supply is a ti99/4 one. Also the console is in pretty bad shape, the keyboard needs a replacement, and I even needed to patch ADDR1 line in the external bus as the trace was broken, and the PEB didn't work. Now I can add the JedPeb to it :)

The USA one is in mint condition however. Also 1981.

The C64 is also a "Local" one (Drean Commodore 64).

• Like 1

Excellent setup! Do you have a console with the 1982 Spanish-language Title Screen? I'm still trying to find one of those for my setup. . .along with a Logo I module in Spanish. I have the Logo II already.

I'm asking in the local online market if any of the TI99 available has the spanish 1982 screen. Some are USA consoles, but a few are local ones... If I have some positive answers I'll tell you.

Guillermo

• Like 3

Hey awesome systems! congratulations ! i ám from argentina also!! only a few users have PEB´s on our country i remember when my father bought us the first computer that was a TI 99/4a is too expensive! and the idea of purchase a PEB have impossible! only a few of PEB sold on argentina!. is very nice to see other ti 99 system with new accesories/modifications in our country congratulations! :)

Mmartin

• Like 1

Haaaaa, wo kommst Du denn wech :) :)

(means: Where are you from)

I found them in one of this big piles in the basement, where I have to dig through.

I think it just was a part of the collections a friend placed in front of my door (and ran away) :) :)

Watched them this morning, but I think they are about the TM-990, not the TMS-9900.

• Like 2