IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Noticed that + right away. Delicious! :)

You wouldn't happen to have a prototype hexbus video adapter would you?

And it is at this point I start whimpering.

I had one once upon a time. Picked it up while I was living in Lubbock from a TI employee who worked on the 40 project. He didn't want it so he sold it to me along with a VERY early hexbus floppy drive (lots of wire wrap and in a Commodore style case).

Sadly, I got short on money and sold it all. I've been kicking myself ever since. Especially given the guy who bought it all didn't even finish paying me for it all and disappeared!

We need that adapter so we can RE the S.O.B and make a bunch of em.

There was someone in Germany, can't remember his name, that actually did that and sold them for a while, but ran into supply problems. I think he couldn't find the original video chip that TI used.

What I really would like to get my hand on again is a PCIF. I've got one, but the circuit board is cracked and one of the network resistors is busted. Re-soldering the circuit board isn't too much of a challenge, but not sure what the value of the resistor is! And yes I know the schematic is out on the web, but I suspect there's an error in it.

Now, if I could only do a direct transfer rather than a label.

Necro-posting...

This gives me an idea. Iron on transfer to metal. I have transferred toner to copper PCB: put a glossy magazine page into your laser printer (Make magazine worked best), set for dense toner printing, take the print and iron it onto the copper.

I imagine it will work with other metals.

• Like 3

^

Post of the day!

Ooooh, yeah... that is a damn good idea! Imagine what one could do with a good TI-99/4A graphic on a copper sheet? Nice artwork for the den!

If you do this, would you please document it and include photos. Also, please specify which specific products you used. I image there will be others wanting to copy your method, myself included.

I've often wondered about ink resist and etching artwork on copper as well.

twoodland

What color is your monitor?

(I like this very very much)

Thank you so much and good point! I will need to find and paint an orange and beige monitor. Right now it is connected to a black VISIO monitor that I share with my other computers. I will take a photo and post it.