IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

New pics of my setup (a fair bit's changed):

Main Console: 

ti991.jpg

Further Out:

(routing TI 99 video to all displays for the picture was silly, but also trivial, since all video is matrix-switched, and can be routed from and to anywhere - or everywhere - at the touch of a button, on an RS-232 based master control panel I designed - the tiny touch-screen display to the left of the main monitor is actually under normal circumstances my signal routing/processing control interface)

ti992.jpg

The Whole Room:

ti993.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Never built my TI collection to any large degree but always interested in it. Only a few systems and a little over maybe a dozen carts or so.  Nothing too rare till now. Found what I thought was a great deal on this. Boxed complete. Guess I’ll be hunting down the associated titles now!

2AE69E7E-88C4-402B-BF24-29A5161755E6.jpeg

• Like 8

NICE!!!  

A list of games that use or require the MBX is right here, in case you didn't know:

Games that use but don't need the MBX:

Sewermania

Superfly

Bigfoot

Space Bandits 

Meteor Belt

Honey Hunt

Games that REQUIRE the MBX

I'm Hiding

Terry Turtle's Adventure

Soundtrack Trolley

Character Crayons

Championship Baseball

Notice that most of the ones that require the MBX are educational...

Edited by iliketurtles
  • Like 3

If you're going to own the MBX, you really should get Championship Baseball as it's really one of the better titles. You will need 2 players though.

I always thought Bigfoot was fun! Plus, the speech is much better/clearer on the MBX. Plus, the joystick is more comfortable than the TI ones when playing Bigfoot too.

10 minutes ago, rickneff68 said:

If you're going to own the MBX, you really should get Championship Baseball as it's really one of the better titles. You will need 2 players though.

I always thought Bigfoot was fun! Plus, the speech is much better/clearer on the MBX. Plus, the joystick is more comfortable than the TI ones when playing Bigfoot too.

The joystick feels really nice. They did a good job designing that.  I’ve heard baseball is the one to have.  I’ll probably try to find all if possible.

• Like 2

I finally found the memory expansion sidecar! Unfortunately I broke my ribbon cable when I was hooking it up so the desk is a little cluttery at the moment, but at the same time it looks great anyway! I'll share again when I get a new ribbon cable and everything is set up the way I like it.

ti99-memexp.png

• Like 4

I LOVE IT!

If I were ever to do a setup like that, I would use a beige system, pull out a Hex-Bus interface, in which I would attach a Hex-Bus floppy drive/controller, RS232, and a Printer 80.

Who could forget about a beige program recorder? And beige TI pain sticks... okay never mind on the sticks.

7 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Turtles and I really need to set up a full sidecar train and get a picture of it--I think our dining room table is long enough for the project. . .

We would do a black & silver one with all five of the original sidecars+program recorder & disk drive. And the Thermal Printer.

The other one we will do will be beige with the Hex-Bus Interface and all six of the Hex-Bus peripherals, the Printer/Plotter, Disk Drive/Controller, Wafertape drive, RS232, Modem, and the Printer 80. Plus a program recorder, of course.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iliketurtles said:

We would do a black & silver one with all five of the original sidecars+program recorder & disk drive. And the Thermal Printer.

The other one we will do will be beige with the Hex-Bus Interface and all six of the Hex-Bus peripherals, the Printer/Plotter, Disk Drive/Controller, Wafertape drive, RS232, Modem, and the Printer 80. Plus a program recorder, of course.

The beige version is a good idea. Also include Joysticks and Speech Synthesizer. Is there a certain order how to connect them?  And maybe take a screenshot of the CRU addresses as well ?

12 hours ago, globeron said:

The beige version is a good idea. Also include Joysticks and Speech Synthesizer. Is there a certain order how to connect them?  And maybe take a screenshot of the CRU addresses as well ?

Can include the joysticks, but no Speech Synthesizer because Ksarul & me only have a case for the beige Speech Synthesizer.

No because the beige speech synthesizer case is exactly the same shape as the Hex-Bus Interface. Which has a bigger case.

53 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

Could you adapt the standard PCB of the Silver Speech Synthesizer into the Prototype beige case maybe, or it is completely different?

Edited by iliketurtles

15 hours ago, iliketurtles said:

No because the beige speech synthesizer case is exactly the same shape as the Hex-Bus Interface. Which has a bigger case.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/speech/speech_console.html

There are also beige cables, like for the Beige Cassette player/recorder

I used to have the beige printer (MX-80 ?)

Is this the picture of the backside of the Cardboard box of the beige TI ?

(I do not have the box with me, but remember there is a similar picture).

The beige monitor and beige PEB never were produced ?  (but mantadoc painted one himself)

Beige.thumb.jpg.8e2a66d4485245492184f57a86b419ab.jpg

This is the Hex-Bus adapter correct ? 

1019703992_SCF1192019_06_3014_07.jpg.d2501269b30ed7cbbbe84cd1ccf3a23c.jpg

• Like 2