IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

2 hours ago, globeron said:

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/speech/speech_console.html

There are also beige cables, like for the Beige Cassette player/recorder

I used to have the beige printer (MX-80 ?)

Is this the picture of the backside of the Cardboard box of the beige TI ?

(I do not have the box with me, but remember there is a similar picture).

The beige monitor and beige PEB never were produced ?  (but mantadoc painted one himself)

Beige.thumb.jpg.8e2a66d4485245492184f57a86b419ab.jpg

This is the Hex-Bus adapter correct ? 

1019703992_SCF1192019_06_3014_07.jpg.d2501269b30ed7cbbbe84cd1ccf3a23c.jpg

That is the Hex-Bus Interface because I see the Hex-Bus port.

The only thing even close to a beige PEB I've ever seen was a beige cover for the disk opening. Never seen an actual beige PEB or monitor except in images on TI boxes. The back of the beige 99/4A box had a picture with a beige system, Speech Synthesizer, Hex-Bus Interface, and a beige Program Recorder. Oddly enough, the telephone coupler, PEB, Pain Sticks, & monitor are black & silver in the picture.

The beige printer is an impact printer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iliketurtles said:
1 hour ago, iliketurtles said:

Is this the picture of the backside of the Cardboard box of the beige TI ?

(I do not have the box with me, but remember there is a similar picture).

I seen that picture in this brochure dedicated to Beige style:
http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=168

4 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

I seen that picture in this brochure dedicated to Beige style:
http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=168

Looking carefully at that brochure,  surely Texas Instruments must have made a prototype monitor,  the logo on the monitor is in the corner,  below the screen, instead of on the door panel. ?

• Like 1

1. PEB box painting to Beige:

(on Facebook - Richard Pedersen / Mantadoc Mansion)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ti99ers/permalink/10153142300429844/

2. What was the first Beige module released ?

3. and more Beige equipment to add to the picture

46096820_10215265385361656_195383598507884544_n.thumb.jpg.c04512745d1a6ae7c4618b25971c353b.jpg

Beige cassette cable (for 1 recorder)

s-l1600beigecable.thumb.jpg.84d90ff9507bbe7a8556860ce803b049.jpg

Does the SuperSketch count as Beige?

supersketch0.jpg.5c05318a1de965d99e7d4c238c57b6b7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, globeron said:

1. PEB box painting to Beige:

(on Facebook - Richard Pedersen / Mantadoc Mansion)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ti99ers/permalink/10153142300429844/

2. What was the first Beige module released ?

3. and more Beige equipment to add to the picture

46096820_10215265385361656_195383598507884544_n.thumb.jpg.c04512745d1a6ae7c4618b25971c353b.jpg

Beige cassette cable (for 1 recorder)

s-l1600beigecable.thumb.jpg.84d90ff9507bbe7a8556860ce803b049.jpg

Does the SuperSketch count as Beige?

supersketch0.jpg.5c05318a1de965d99e7d4c238c57b6b7.jpg

I wouldn't count the Super Sketch as it connects via the cartridge port. There won't be an MBX due to the joystick port being blocked by the beige Pain Sticks in the joystick port.

Edited by iliketurtles
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 4:58 PM, iliketurtles said:

We would do a black & silver one with all five of the original sidecars+program recorder & disk drive. And the Thermal Printer.

The other one we will do will be beige with the Hex-Bus Interface and all six of the Hex-Bus peripherals, the Printer/Plotter, Disk Drive/Controller, Wafertape drive, RS232, Modem, and the Printer 80. Plus a program recorder, of course.

EDIT: It will all be connected to power. They will also both have a PEB with the sidecars (black/silver system will have the original, the beige system will have the later model of the PEB). Plus they will both have a monitor (black/silver system will have a TI monitor while the beige system will have a COMMODORE monitor). The Impact printer will be connected to the black/silver system even though it's beige (cause do ya really need TWO 80-column printers on one system??) So far we have dug out the P-Code sidecar, a Disk Controller, black Pain Sticks, and a TI Disk Drive for the black/silver system. For the beige system, we have only dug out the Hex-Bus Disk Drive/Controller and a pair of beige Pain Sticks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On YouTube TI-99 VIDEOS uploaded several videos today. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jwHlQfNTAKQ9WdKORAnpA

Here are some pictures of all kind of hardware my father's PEB box system

- Corcomp RamPlus 256/512k

- Not sure which disk controller ( I read ATU and it looks different than a TI or CorComp Floppy Disk Controller DS/DD, if I can see it properly it looks like also a SNUG BwG (same type of chips), next to the FlexInterface card

Also Mechatronic 80 Column card with V9938 video chip.

Gramulator (uses same type of files like the GramKracker), devices are different.

this one is in the 2nd system has the SNUG BwG DS/DD (next to the 32k card, better picture)

2e5eec229e44a05726367208ab43192e.jpg19b427e0cdaeb9dc926b0abb04271dc4.jpga864b83fca6124d658d48ed72e75b4d0.jpg79e233c946f38ff6c6b957bcdbd81a4f.jpg56ecd822b44e31b6de132431c69753f0.jpgab0329667abff9bb2b64123948b805b4.jpged55507ed0a859b9461362632a9de9ab.jpg71e79b554e3d138590bea173e40b89c5.jpgf12a44bfa2998e76595b187365651bc4.jpg

• Like 3

The no-brand speech card is one of the Berlin User Group cards designed by Winfried Winkler. I helped provide him with the TI Text-to-Speech routines so that he could integrate that capability into the card. It is a rare card, as I'm pretty sure there are only between 20 and 25 of them in existence. It was the spur that helped Michael Becker decide to design the SPVMC board, as he wanted to include all of the Speak and Spell vocabulary in it. . .

• Like 5

The LCC version of the Millers Graphics EPROMs is typical of Herr Albert Visser. If he got permission to distribute something, it quickly incorporated the LCC logo somewhere. . .he and I talked a lot about things TI BITD. As a funny little note, there is a version of Disk Fixer that most people have never seen or heard of: Albert had it translated to Dutch and got permission to release it that way. The Dutch version is quite rare. I think I may have bought one from him BITD, but I'd have to hunt through my older boxes of items to be sure.

• Like 3

The LCC version of the Millers Graphics EPROMs is typical of Herr Albert Visser. If he got permission to distribute something, it quickly incorporated the LCC logo somewhere. . .he and I talked a lot about things TI BITD. As a funny little note, there is a version of Disk Fixer that most people have never seen or heard of: Albert had it translated to Dutch and got permission to release it that way. The Dutch version is quite rare. I think I may have bought one from him BITD, but I'd have to hunt through my older boxes of items to be sure.

I might be able to find that, is it a module or a dump on disk or standalone assembler?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That speech  synthesizer board (and the orange part with the daughter board on it is original) is actually from one of the original speech synthesizers with the connector for the speech modules installed. None of the speech modules for it ever made it into the wild--and a speech synthesizer board with the connector (like yours is) is actually somewhat rare.

On the Disk Fixer program in Dutch, it may have been a disk, it may have been a cartridge. I'd have to dig mine out to be sure.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My computer arrived today! By the time I get back from my trip, I ought to have the RCA cables and NanoPEB that I ordered.  Can't wait to plug it in!

My goal is to eventually get a sh/bash/whatever prompt on the thing.  Most likely, that will involve connecting to a raspberry pi over serial, though I'm not sure yet how that's going to work without a finalgrom or similar.  I'm not sure how far I can push the disk emulation in my NanoPEB - if I can use it to run Editor/Assembler or RBX, then I ought to be able to write the serial comms part and have a little dumb binary on the raspberry pi listen.  Ideally, I'd rather use a proper terminal emulator, but I'm not sure if 1) I can use NanoPEB disk emulation to run any of the terminal emulators and 2) Even if I can run the terminal emulators, if they'd be able to tx/rx over the NanoPEB's serial port.  I appreciate any advice y'all have!

I'll post pictures when I get home next week

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, fsf said:

My computer arrived today! By the time I get back from my trip, I ought to have the RCA cables and NanoPEB that I ordered.  Can't wait to plug it in!

My goal is to eventually get a sh/bash/whatever prompt on the thing.  Most likely, that will involve connecting to a raspberry pi over serial, though I'm not sure yet how that's going to work without a finalgrom or similar.  I'm not sure how far I can push the disk emulation in my NanoPEB - if I can use it to run Editor/Assembler or RBX, then I ought to be able to write the serial comms part and have a little dumb binary on the raspberry pi listen.  Ideally, I'd rather use a proper terminal emulator, but I'm not sure if 1) I can use NanoPEB disk emulation to run any of the terminal emulators and 2) Even if I can run the terminal emulators, if they'd be able to tx/rx over the NanoPEB's serial port.  I appreciate any advice y'all have!

I'll post pictures when I get home next week

Just saw this and I don't know if you figured it out already, but yes, terminal emulators can use the serial port on the NanoPeb just like a regular RS232 card. I have used my TI as a remote serial terminal to my linux box using a pair of wireless to serial adapters and it works great, and of course you can also use a straight serial cable as well. It would work even better if your TI is equipped with the F18A in which case you could use the TIMXT terminal program in 80 columns.

With all that said, once the novelty has worn off, this kind of set up is of limited practical use :)