IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

14 hours ago, TI-Terry said:

I just viewed this TI thread from start to finish over the last week. I am at a point in my life that I am revisiting earlier, happier times. I have been in technology for almost 30 years, which I can trace directly back to this computer. When I was around 9 and saw the movie "War Games", I did not know what computers were, but did know that I wanted one. After seeing an ad on TV with Bill Cosby and seeing the Vic 20 and TI-99/4a in a KMart on sale, I was able to take almost 2 years of allowance and lawn mowing an buy one.

Little did I know that I couldn't save anything, or play anything by itself. But that started me learning TI-Basic (and teaching myself arrays at 9-10 years old from that book, was an interesting exercise). From there, computers (and for about 11 years, that TI and the subsequent cassette recorder and more than 30 tapes with my programs on them) were a part of my life and, some time later, a part of my professional career.

Fast forward to 2014, I bought one of the silver and black beauties, with cassette player, from eBay. But then got busy again. I come back recently and find that there are all these 'advances' available on this 35 year old system. I want back in. Unfortunately, there is a dearth of available PEBs that are functional available, and even those not guaranteed to work, are ridiculously priced (I know, supply and demand). I see a number of you have... several (Schmitzi, I can't begin to categorize your level of TI hoarding, although I am mostly just jealous). 

Is there anyone here that would be willing to part with a few items that you would consider essential to getting back into the TI scene? I am not asking for charity, a long career in IT means that I have some disposable income and for guidance (and items I can be assured work), I can pay more than fair prices for. Even if not, I appreciate the trip down memory lane all of these conversations and pictures have allowed me to take and I plan to lurk around and see where this all goes.

Long live the TI!

Welcome! PEB's are quite easy if you look around you can find them for a reasonable price. Ebay isn't the place to do that :)

Where are you located? It's going to be easier to find one near you if we know what that is.  Also you should look at the FAQ here if you have not. lots of info there

Greg

• Like 1

Shout out to Peter Fleeman whom I purchased the Color Monitor from to complete my setup.  Back in the day, I would stand there drooling and awestruck in the store dreaming of owning one.  Thanks man!

I really appreciate how accurate your descriptions/photos are in your auctions and how well you pack your items!

Also, a big thank you for this community!  Everyone has been so supportive and giving!  I appreciate being able to share my passion for this computer with y'all!

586931486_TI994A-withColorMonitor.thumb.jpg.46fd903c9e494d826964d4f3e55c5c39.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2013 at 10:38 PM, --- Ω --- said:

Omega's TI.jpg

( CLICK ON PHOTO FOR BETTER VIEW )

Image Updated: 12/27/2019

My entire 'game room' or 'man cave' << HERE >>

My TI 'blog' << HERE >>

My Image Gallery << HERE >>

My short You Tube Videos << HERE >>

My primary systems configuration:

TI-99/4A Console

1 F18A VGA Enhancement

2 PS/2 Keyboard Upgrade

a) System Reset (F12)

b) Load Interrupt (F11)

P-BOX

1 TI-FDC with 80 track modification

2 TIPI / Rpi

3 CorComp Triple Tech Card with speech synthesizer onboard

4 1 Megabyte Super AMS Memory Expansion Card

5 Flex Card with 16" extension cable

6 Lotharek HxC floppy emulator

Add On

1 Custom Joystick

2 TI Program Recorder

3 External drive enclosure with Teac FD-235HF 3.5" disk drive

4 Wico Trackball

5 Temperature Display

6 Wireless mouse

Cartridge of choice

1 Customized auto-booting cartridge featuring 4A/DOS

Support Device(s)

1) MiniPRO TL866CS EEPROM Burner

EDIT:

Since I installed the TIPI/RPi, I removed the Lantronix UDS-10, the Vonets WiFi bridge

as well as both RS-232 cards, one of which was an HDX because they were no longer necessary.

Can you add more than 1 SAMs card? I didn't know that

Yeah...I'm working on a project rt now that will use that 1mb card, I haven't reached that point in my program as I'm working that way though.

My SuperNotes editor. I'm currently working on copy/paste lines, as im not finished with the editor keys yet..

After this set, I'll make a redo key or undo key then I guess that's all.. maybe give options to change cursor shape..as in procrastinating now.. cause I know the big steps are ahead.. BUT I do have an idea of how to use the SAMs, but I'm not there yet. Lol

• Like 2

First Picture was my main, I received some news and I was selling off all my computer items so the Wife did not have to mess with it.

4 years later, doctor said humm ok you have more time LOL!!!!

Iam social security onlly, so it is a slow process try'n to replace. 2nd Picture today.

DCP01805.JPG

P1010907.JPG

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, arcadeshopper said:

Welcome! PEB's are quite easy if you look around you can find them for a reasonable price. Ebay isn't the place to do that :)

Where are you located? It's going to be easier to find one near you if we know what that is.  Also you should look at the FAQ here if you have not. lots of info there

Greg

I am in the Kansas City area, I have tried swap meets in the area but TBH, they are trash. I also tried the (now closed) famous retro computer store in Dallas when I was there, but there was basically nothing TI related (either at all or perhaps already picked through). @bandit - that under monitor power switch was a staple in the 90s computer revolution, I saw them EVERYWHERE. Wish I still had mine.

I am in the Kansas City area, I have tried swap meets in the area but TBH, they are trash. I also tried the (now closed) famous retro computer store in Dallas when I was there, but there was basically nothing TI related (either at all or perhaps already picked through). [mention=23358]bandit[/mention] - that under monitor power switch was a staple in the 90s computer revolution, I saw them EVERYWHERE. Wish I still had mine.
Ok well I'm in Oregon and I have a few here is you want to consider shipping one. If not others may be closer.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, TI-Terry said:

I am in the Kansas City area, I have tried swap meets in the area but TBH, they are trash. I also tried the (now closed) famous retro computer store in Dallas when I was there, but there was basically nothing TI related (either at all or perhaps already picked through). @bandit - that under monitor power switch was a staple in the 90s computer revolution, I saw them EVERYWHERE. Wish I still had mine.

I saw it too, had to find the right search term (computer power controller), find the one with the switches i liked, and then search AGAIN for the proper model, then picked on up on ebay

installing/cable management today, as I have 5 TI's a couple PI's, a PEB, and two tape drives to set up.
might need to get a second one.
need to get a shopping list for all 5 TI's as i think I am short power supplies/video cables/monitors
maybe another AV switch too

cable management/control was the plan this morning

set up so now it *should* be able to run two TI 99 4A's, two Raspberry Pi's, the peripheral expansion box and two tape drives

all at once.

need to add to it to get three more TI 99 4A's, maybe another Pi, and a second monitor, and bluetooth keyboards and mice for the Pi's

then decide WHAT to do with all that slow, decrepit hardware

20200201_104724.jpg

20200201_104641.jpg

20200201_104646.jpg

20200201_104753.jpg

20200201_110233.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 12:04 PM, arcadeshopper said:

Ok well I'm in Oregon and I have a few here is you want to consider shipping one. If not others may be closer.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Would love to get one if you can spare it. DM with a price and venmo or paypal info and we can work something out!

mourngrym1969@yahoo.com

On 2/1/2020 at 11:26 AM, tater1337 said:

cable management/control was the plan this morning

set up so now it *should* be able to run two TI 99 4A's, two Raspberry Pi's, the peripheral expansion box and two tape drives

all at once.

need to add to it to get three more TI 99 4A's, maybe another Pi, and a second monitor, and bluetooth keyboards and mice for the Pi's

then decide WHAT to do with all that slow, decrepit hardware

20200201_104724.jpg

20200201_104641.jpg

20200201_104646.jpg

20200201_104753.jpg

20200201_110233.jpg

Hah! I gave up on that a long time ago ?

20191229_193200.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, Schmitzi said:

I totally feel SNUG :lust: :lust:

post-41141-0-07149500-1523735826_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-96209400-1523736113_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-73773700-1523735921_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-92141500-1523735874_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-17211600-1523736010_thumb.jpg

...AND FINALLY I GOT THE HSGPL !!    ? :music:

thx so much to @Flottmann1 for leaving this fantastic piece of hardware :thumbsup:

IMG_2442.thumb.JPG.9f25aac13f73bfc8a1727ca1ac705a82.JPG

IMG_2445.thumb.JPG.a8cf4a6727a45fc73fe6d7cc29f1d482.JPG

IMG_2454.thumb.JPG.e27a0cf9606b03aa93243f5ff98225db.JPG

IMG_2452.thumb.JPG.d766e65e944ae01a41f5f688f638f797.JPG

I think my snug machine is fully equipped now, and UP :)

hmm, I think I´ll call it "Snuggy" :lust:

• Like 13