IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

On 11/16/2013 at 11:38 PM, Omega-TI said:

Click on image to get full 6,000 X 4,000 resolution

My Setup.JPG

This and other posts like it with that hot little framed TI logo have finally inspired me to do something similar, albeit with my Commodore system, since that is the one I have permanently set up (I have a TI system, but only so much room for permanent set ups I am afraid).

Thank you guys!  Even though Commodore is my main jam I continue to see this as the best retro computing board on the net.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mozartpc27 said:

This and other posts like it with that hot little framed TI logo have finally inspired me to do something similar, albeit with my Commodore system, since that is the one I have permanently set up (I have a TI system, but only so much room for permanent set ups I am afraid).

Thank you guys!  Even though Commodore is my main jam I continue to see this as the best retro computing board on the net.

Cool let me know when you post a picture of your Commodore setup and I'll go over to the Commodore section and take a peek!  I also agree with you about AtariAge being the best! ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My 32k "In the console" F18 equipped CF7+ Raspberry Pi 400 Mickey Mouse time keeping work and play station. It looks like they were meant to be together.  lol.  A quick press of a button on the TV remote and I get full access to the AtariAge forums. Ain't technology grand!  Haha..it works brilliantly. 20210223_151801.thumb.jpg.cdb5cf81b83a43d35982e5db48373bf1.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Some superb setups shared here, really enjoyed going through.

Only just set mine up, I had the TI99 as a kid when they first released and it took over from the classic Grandstand 2000.

Recently rebought the 99 and have been loving playing these old classics again. 

Still alot of updating to my setup required, just fitted the shelf today so it's coming along already.

IMG-20210403-191259.jpg

IMG-20210403-191324.jpg

So happy to find a nice TI99 community here, I'm just a big standard user I'm afraid, used to program in the games from the books as a kid but that was as far as it went for me. My knowledge is about the same level now as it was back then.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shift838 said:

Good to see your TI takes priority with the larger monitor!

Of course. I'm blind as hell too.lol

This helps. I'm going to get geneve pulled back out and the TI back in to start working on something. If you don't do the Google translate then I'll have to do it in windows..sorry. maybe later you can adapt it when you're time is freed.

OR if you start doing this Google translate, then I'll start doing a 2Million record database. Uh, yeah it's in windows...

Ok. Here's mine, now. Moved everything to the new table top.

From right to left.

Local hard drive

Raspberry pi showing the news 24/7

(Or any tv stream)

My documents can be pulled here.

Center view.

Geneve running, it has a ti disk card

Then left view

Ti-99/4A tipi, and 1Mb SAMs and soon a SID Master 99. No disk controller.

But I can do more since tipi is mapped for drives 1,2,3 and 4.

Thanks to Victor Steerup, Brad Geels

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the fully loaded PEB and TI monitor of my adolescent dreams (Thanks Greg).  Had a PEB back in the day, but only had an RS-232 card, probably still in my mother's basement.  Amazing how unobtainable this all seemed to me in '82.   Also amazing how much better an F18A with a modern monitor and a TIPI is, but there's just no substitute for real iron.  If I can successfully compile Tombstone City with 100% original hardware, I'll consider it a childhood goal accomplished. 

IMG_0265.thumb.JPG.c9f30971092cfe1f73326dd464d39d84.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Finally got the fully loaded PEB and TI monitor of my adolescent dreams (Thanks Greg).  Had a PEB back in the day, but only had an RS-232 card, probably still in my mother's basement.  Amazing how unobtainable this all seemed to me in '82.   Also amazing how much better an F18A with a modern monitor and a TIPI is, but there's just no substitute for real iron.  If I can successfully compile Tombstone City with 100% original hardware, I'll consider it a childhood goal accomplished. 

IMG_0265.thumb.JPG.c9f30971092cfe1f73326dd464d39d84.JPG

Yay! They made it alive!

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/2/2016 at 7:31 PM, Sinphaltimus said:

Below is the first picture I posted from back in July of my First TI in recent history. (Second in lifespan).

Here is a picture of my TI Now.

14570328_10207099487797565_3368004864028

All my pics don't work (broken links) - So my modded PEB is here with Achievement Unlocked! Added RS232 (first one I ever owned for the TI) and a working printer! (also first one I ever owned for the TI) 

20211009_155825.jpg.568796f7d8df90e597c7de0310ea0340.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my setup:

Test and development TI99/4A with F18A mod and VGA to HDMI converter and HDMI to USB converter.

Geneve with wireless USB keyboard, Lotharek floppy emulator, DREM MFM harddisk emulator and SCSI devices in a Sun Sparc classic housing containing CF-card to SCSI converter and an IOMEGA ZIP100 drive.

IMG_9900.JPG

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hello, new user here. Snatched this guy up today for just $10. It's missing the "Solid State Software" badge, and sometimes the Ctrl key gets stuck for a fraction of a second, but otherwise it works great and for the price I couldn't have asked for much better.

All I have is the computer, cassette cable, and rf modulator. Looking to get a controller and a few cartridge games, but any other recommended essential additions are appreciated.

The RF modulator is extremely flaky and loses connection if I so much as poke it. Any high quality composite cables out there? I'd hate to buy one that's wired incorrectly and pump 12v into my CRT.

20211130_225838.jpg

20211130_185046.jpg

• Like 3