IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

I feel like I won the lottery!

I was lucky enough to be able to help re-home a SNUG system to my home.

This one seems to be heavily modified. I still need to go through it to tuck wires in and all, but it does work.

This was the late great Gazoo's (Tony Knerr) SNUG system and Insane Multitasker was able to obtain it. He gave me the opportunity and I jumped on it like a fat boy on a cheeto!

Came all in a PC case with the SGCPU, HSGPL, AVPC, Myarc FDC 80 track, CorComp Triple tech (buffer removed, with speech) and a TI RS232.

I feel honored to have been given the opportunity to put it to good use.

I'm sure Tony knows that it will be used. Now if he can just send some of his knowledge down to me about it!

post-35187-0-25013500-1524946882_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-29618000-1524946887_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-73269300-1524946893_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-20387900-1524946905.jpg

• Like 8

That was part of my system rescue about a month after Gazoo passed. His wife wanted to make sure his equipment worked its way back into the community, in accordance with his wishes. Iliketurtles and I spent a day combing the basement and his computer room with some additional help from his children for things TI that would fit into my car.

• Like 6

I am pleased that the great Gazoo's system will get some well-deserved use. Even now, two years after my life-saving excitement, the equipment was collecting dust what with my needing to be more selective about my hobby time. Now with Shift838 digging into the configuration and hardware, who knows what we might still learn from Tony's past efforts....

• Like 4

Still I cannot decide to ship these TI-99/4 and TI-99/4A boxes from Thailand to The Netherlands....or leave the system here in case I come back in the future. It would mean that at least 1x black and silver console + PEB + disks made a world trip then (from Netherlands, via Singapore to Thailand and ... back to NL). In NL I already built-up a setup with a beige console with FPGA18A, Finalgrom + nanoPeb so hardware wise I am okay.69b67c866414e4b7e453fdddfbba256a.jpgb8bd31493cf9d57fd81d0d2f9c6c33bb.jpgd5e139e2f1c72917f45dfc58020cf871.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ron, I really know about traveling TI systems. My first one went direct from TI to Berlin, Germany in 1981. Then I went to Florida with it for a few years (and expanded it with a PEB). I took a short detour to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia after that (where I purchased my p-System software) on my way back to Germany, this time in Kaiserslautern. I expanded my system again while I was there, adding a few more consoles and a pair of Geneves. Eventually, I had to return to the US, and ended up in Northern Virginia. That didn't last long either, as I took everything with me to Izmir, Turkey for a few years before I bounced back to Northern Virginia. My systems have stayed there since. . .at least until the next time I decide to move. ;)

• Like 4

Ron, I really know about traveling TI systems. My first one went direct from TI to Berlin, Germany in 1981. Then I went to Florida with it for a few years (and expanded it with a PEB). I took a short detour to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia after that (where I purchased my p-System software) on my way back to Germany, this time in Kaiserslautern. I expanded my system again while I was there, adding a few more consoles and a pair of Geneves. Eventually, I had to return to the US, and ended up in Northern Virginia. That didn't last long either, as I took everything with me to Izmir, Turkey for a few years before I bounced back to Northern Virginia. My systems have stayed there since. . .at least until the next time I decide to move. ;)

Wow and that includes challenging countries as well!

You helped me so much with the /4 to get it working again, that I am thinking to video everything here first

("unboxing my own boxes") at least we have a record and a memory of it, but I am limited in space here

and also in time.

In NL I got all my old cassette tapes, also need to do a video about that when I am back.

Fond memories of "Air Defense" and "Let's build America" one of the first TI-99 programme I used.

(and module wise for sure it was "Video Chess", "Car Wars" and "Blasto" and later on "TI Invaders" and "Munch Man")

I believe that's all we got in the beginning in 1982...time flies.

but I really want to see you on a picture with the complete /4 + all sidecars built up!

(I love that story that it did not fit on the table anymore you mentioned last time).

If you make that picture it will become very popular as there are only 1 or 2 pictures out there.

• Like 1

This isn't just my PC keyboard. It's not even just my PC keyboard the I use with emulation. It is also my real iron TI keyboard connected to my 99/4a via a KVM and Jedi Matt's USBkeys adaptor.

It's connected to one of my two TIs - the other is original connected to a modified PEB, this keyboard connects to my modified console with F18a and TiPi.

It used to have a real console strip across the top but due to spaces in the PC keyboard function keys (every 4 keys) it was a terrible bother being misaligned.

To some, this is a minor adjustment. To me, it's a glorious enhancement. No, it's not a real plastic strip, it's a paper cut out applied using double-sided scotch tape.

:)

post-47352-0-49911100-1525366754_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think you might want to look in the keboard strips thread too. ISTR that Omega made a template for PC-style TI Keyboard strips. . .

Yeppers! I have a whole blog entry to "gobs of stuff" << HERE >>

but the direct links to the keyboard strips are << HERE >> for the single row

and << HERE >> for the multi row one I use.

med_gallery_35324_1027_9736.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_16157.jpg

• Like 1

My TI-99/4 collection part 3

The one with volume slider and built-in Mic has the BIG pin power adapter (shoe type, is 220V) and replaced it with the new modern Mean well adapter (cut off the special cable with big pin to the Din connector - thanks @James Fetzner for advice), furthermore it has the 6-Din plug for the PAL modulator (European model).

The other has no speaker, no volume slider, 5-DIN pin (USA model) and normal power plug for the AC9500 adapters. Note the difference on voltages on Pin 1,2 and 3,4.

(While both are AC9500). Both are 120V (USA/Canada) and I have an additional converter from 120V to 220V.

4a7c89d94b561454f6f8c429c9624775.jpgee53e872ca23dee9707bb888a6fdc8ae.jpg9b3fc49a04c83cd8f78bdcc12bd43f53.jpgca3b6ab7a6b03cd61450c7ff9d93bc09.jpg9504a37afea401305b592e5920624b27.jpgfa44147db29ac20be9cfa489d08ee2ba.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My system:

post-17978-0-96283900-1525630188_thumb.jpg

I haven't posted it before because I was waiting to get an old computer desk my dad made for me from my parent's place.

However, upon looking at it closer this last weekend, I realized it wouldn't work with the modern approach of "stand your PE box on the side". It also required putting the monitor up much higher than I'm accustomed to.

So instead, I dug around with my dad and found an old wood desk that he had gotten for free from a neighbor's moving sale. Cleaned up and polished and it looks awesome!

• Like 4