IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

I do have Arcturus. I found one of those a few years ago, Ciro.

This particular Killer Caterpillar is one that was unknown to the community, so it increases the number of known examples of the cartridge by one (my notes indicate that there are now three known Killer Caterpillar cartridges, a few less than Arcturus, but close, as there are at least five or six of those in collector hands). It also shows that really good cartridges still show up in interesting places once in a while. The guy who found it picked it up as part of a group of cartridges that he got at a flea market/yard sale near PeBo's neck of the woods. . .the lot also had one of those nice TI-Original drawer-style cartridge boxes.

I also did some research on the case. It appears that this case design may work as both a side port and as a cartridge port design, depending on the installed cartridge board. It has a lot more room in it than a standard TI cartridge case too--and when used in the cartridge port, the foot points up, so it has a great handle. It does give me some ideas that I plan to hash out with Acadiel. . .

• Like 2

Installation of SD2SCSI in my PEB (finally.) Has a 256MB microSD. It occurrs to me that I can "partition" larger cards to appear as multiple devices on the chain, so I may drop a 1GB card in and divide it into four 256MB devices.

EDIT: Also note that this is buss-powered by the WHT SCSI card's TERMPWR output.

post-27864-0-19571900-1466804622_thumb.jpgpost-27864-0-17949200-1466804645_thumb.jpgpost-27864-0-64205000-1466804659_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Installation of SD2SCSI in my PEB (finally.) Has a 256MB microSD. It occurrs to me that I can "partition" larger cards to appear as multiple devices on the chain, so I may drop a 1GB card in and divide it into four 256MB devices.

EDIT: Also note that this is buss-powered by the WHT SCSI card's TERMPWR output.

attachicon.gifDSC00669_small.jpgattachicon.gifDSC00679_small.jpgattachicon.gifDSC00680_small.jpg

yes, I have a 2gb micro sd card in mine (smalles I had) and I have it partition out to 3 x 248mb partitions.

Last weekend's contraption for prototyping against the side port on the TI console...

attachicon.gifIMG_20160625_201827.jpg

Surely nothing will go wrong with that :)

Does anyone feel like sharing pics of similar such experimentation gear?

-M@

Check out the TI interfacing thread in the development section :)

How's that for starters? (TI Vision prototype) :D

TI Vision

• Like 3

post-27864-0-19571900-1466804622.jpg

It's been a dream of mine for the last couple of years to see an interface card for the TI-PEB that something like that could just plug into, without the need for a R@RE & EXPEN$IVE SCSI card. Sadly, because of time, effort, money and engineering involved, with a limited market, I've come to terms with the fact that that is something I will never have. :_(

It's been a dream of mine for the last couple of years to see an interface card for the TI-PEB that something like that could just plug into, without the need for a R@RE & EXPEN$IVE SCSI card. Sadly, because of time, effort, money and engineering involved, with a limited market, I've come to terms with the fact that that is something I will never have. :_(

Eh, I dunno. Between the HDX and the Lotharek(?) and the new multi-capable carts, I would say this kind of set up is largely relegated. Not impractical for certain purposes, but almost a non-need.

• Like 2

Eh, I dunno. Between the HDX and the Lotharek(?) and the new multi-capable carts, I would say this kind of set up is largely relegated. Not impractical for certain purposes, but almost a non-need.

Yeah, you're 100% correct, but it would have been so cool to have anyway. To that end, I've been able to get a lot of my most used programs and utilities onto the FR99, which freed up a lot of disk space for other things that cannot effectively be put into a cartridge.

Now I've discovered yet another want need (groan)... a menu system that can LOAD off of cartridge and disk or even HDX.

(It's always something isn't it).

• Like 1

What is that "bedroom" thing? And, really, with the plethora of restaurants with which we are blessed -- some which will bring the food to you -- is the kitchen necessary? I might have something to say about the bathroom, being the a hole and easily replace the toilet, but I rather enjoy my showers, so that can stay.

• Like 1

The kitchen is to provide the steady stream of junk food and snacks he'll need to fuel his game play. Of course, then he'll need an appropriate live-in maid to prepare and serve the food--and she'll need the bedroom for her own downtime. He can just sprawl on the floor between his prizes and snooze once in a while. ;)

The kitchen is to provide the steady stream of junk food and snacks he'll need to fuel his game play. Of course, then he'll need an appropriate live-in maid to prepare and serve the food--and she'll need the bedroom for her own downtime. He can just sprawl on the floor between his prizes and snooze once in a while. ;)

Jeebus, dude... once you introduce a female into the equation, available space disappears disproportionately!

• Like 2