IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Yeh, I really lucked into this one.

Postage was $10.40 Australian Dollars...so you can see how much I actually paid for the TI stuff ($4.99 Australian...Approx. $3.62 US dollars) :-D :grin: :-D :grin:

It was untested, but regardless I knew I could not go wrong at that price...worst case was the TI would be a spare parts machine....but it works just fine. :thumbsup: :)

Cheers,

Shane

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 4 systems.

One console unmodded attached to a very modded PEB. Tape drive, 1x 5.25 external 40 track floppy, one 80 track 3.5 internal floppy, one 80 track internal goTek. 32k card in peb. Flex cable interface. PEB had atx psu, 3 temp probes with display and the GoTek display as well as a remote reset for a console with the proper connection. Speech synth and rca a/v for tv display.

One modded console with f18a, reset switch, nanopeb. Soon to have usb keyboard and grom extension cord.

One unmodded console in box as spare and one non working console (mainboard) for spare parts.

A spare unmodded peb with same unmodded cards as the modded peb. And a whole lotta spare parts like floppy drives, speech synths, etc...

I only required a console for the first time since the 80 this past July.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 3

It's been almost two years since your (re)beginning Budz. How much have you expanded?

Same for all you other guys... what goodies did have you attached to your systems since your original picture post?

UPDATE TIME!

Hi Kev,

Yea I have been away for a while sadly. Three kids, four years old and younger, wife in her masters program (final year), I just graduated from college (went back for career change) and started work a new job at IBM after 10 years working for a different company in a different field. All that together has sadly kept me away from my TI quite a bit, though the kids still LOVE playing early learning fun and matching shapes and numbers, etc. It's amazing how they can love a tablet computer and a 35 year old computer at the same time!

..anyway, I do have a couple of changes here. Mainly the big change here is that I finally got a flash cart and 3D printed case. Thank you to the Ralph (I think?) and Ciero? for the case. I do apologize if I ruined your names, but you guys are awesome. Specs on the system are:

TI As it sits now

180K 3.5" drive

1 MEG SAMS Card (Thanks Jim!)

CorComp Triple Tech Card with Speech Synth (I think you and I Kev might be some of few left running these bad boys)

256K Horizon RAMDisk Card (The guy sent me the chips to update it to 1MEG, but I would need help of course... maybe I could convince Fritz to help me?? :))

25" monitor with speaker below (who cares right)

SSSD Original Classic 5.25" Floppy Drive (Yes, I need my DSK1 to play some Legends!)

RS232 Card (connect to telnet/internet -- thanks Chris for the pinouts!!)

Standard TI Disk Controller (I need to add a 3rd disk... I'll get to that in a minute)

TI PEB Firehose cable card

F18A (only mod I've ever done in my life! thing is amazing)

Below here is the stuff I picked up at the TI Faire 2016! I cannot remember your name but you gave me an amazing deal! Also two mint boxes for the classic and Quality models!

...sadly I do not think the disk drive or disk controller work. The controller is rusty (I need to disassemble and clean it and then test) and the disk drive the LED light is clearly broken off because it just wobbles around when you touch it, maybe it is all disconnected inside? Regardless sadly I haven't even had time to test this stuff. It is my hope someday that someone could help me fix them so I can get them operational again! (Fritz fixed my sidecard 32K, all I had to pay was for shipping and chips!! THANKS AGAIN MAN - YOU ROCK!)

TI Stuff from Ti Faire 2016

Anyway, I hope this is enough of a little update for now. Sorry I haven't been around much this past year. You guys are all amazing, keep working on those awesome projects because once I get some of my time back I WANT THEM ALL! :)

• Like 4

180K 3.5" drive

1 MEG SAMS Card (Thanks Jim!)

CorComp Triple Tech Card with Speech Synth (I think you and I Kev might be some of few left running these bad boys)

256K Horizon RAMDisk Card (The guy sent me the chips to update it to 1MEG, but I would need help of course... maybe I could convince Fritz to help me?? :))

25" monitor with speaker below (who cares right)

SSSD Original Classic 5.25" Floppy Drive (Yes, I need my DSK1 to play some Legends!)

RS232 Card (connect to telnet/internet -- thanks Chris for the pinouts!!)

Standard TI Disk Controller (I need to add a 3rd disk... I'll get to that in a minute)

TI PEB Firehose cable card

F18A (only mod I've ever done in my life! thing is amazing)

Hey Budz,

It sounds like you have been incredibly busy, with all that going on I'm glad you could pop in and and let us know how you've been doing and to post such a nice update.

I see you went with an EZ135 case for the external drive, excellent choice! ;) You know, before you add extra drives, you might consider the $12.00 modification for the TI FDC, it'll double the space on that 3.5" floppy of yours.

It's been almost two years since your (re)beginning Budz. How much have you expanded?

Same for all you other guys... what goodies did have you attached to your systems since your original picture post?

UPDATE TIME!

Had to go back to Page 4 to see what I originally posted... I had most of what I wanted at that time. Since then, I added a TI Impact Printer (fully functional with manual and some new Epson printer ribbons), works great. I also added dual half-height 5.25 floppy drives to the PEB (thanks to ksarul and shift838 for the advice last year on getting them installed and working). I rounded out with a few more cartridges (Frogger, Q*Bert, Popeye) and a few manuals and publications.

As I posted in the Marketplace forum, I’m just looking for 99’er Magazines Volume I (Issues 1-6) and a Newport Controls Prostick II joystick to finalize my collection. Price is no object! ;-)

Hope the New Year is off to a great start for everyone…

Edited by conmee
  • Like 1

Had to go back to Page 4 to see what I originally posted... I had most of what I wanted at that time. Since then, I added a TI Impact Printer (fully functional with manual and some new Epson printer ribbons), works great. I also added dual half-height 5.25 floppy drives to the PEB (thanks to ksarul and shift838 for the advice last year on getting them installed and working). I rounded out with a few more cartridges (Frogger, Q*Bert, Popeye) and a few manuals and publications.

I'd love to see a photo!

I pretty much just put a batch of HFE images on my Lotharek drive and that lets me copy stuff back and forth in the form of mass image dumps. . .up till then, I used PC-Transfer and 3.5 inch drives. All of my PCs have an SD card slot, and I've amassed enough SD cards that work with my Lotharek to make it an easy process. One note: the bulk SD cards from UpgradeNation (and probably identical to the ones from a lot of eBay sellers) don't work for this, as the Lotharek won't recognize them for some reason that I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet.

• 3 weeks later...

post-23828-0-05241900-1486091423_thumb.jpg post-23828-0-82088900-1486091499_thumb.jpgpost-23828-0-50799300-1486091550_thumb.jpgpost-23828-0-46384200-1486091583_thumb.jpg

Here is My Beige 1983 Ti-99 4a. I also have a 1981 Silver/Black version, but currently no pics of it. Both work, but the Stainless trim is a little dinged on the silver one. I traded Some Star Wars Stuff to a guy for this and a Timex-Sinclair TS-1000 in its original box. The Ti99 does not have its boxes though.

Edited by Polybius
  • Like 6

And my wife is getting ready to buy a cutting machine that will cut vinyl decals!

So... uh... well... are you going to ask her to, uhm, make us all some TI stuff if we are willing to pay her?

"Look honey, there are all these TI guys lining up to send you money, all you need to do is make a 'few hundred' decals for them. It might even pay for the machine!" :grin:

• Like 1