IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Ugh.... the dreaded "SKIP-A-SLOT" that TI'ers know so well!

gallery_35324_1001_91204.jpg

I don't know how big the market is, but we've never, to my knowledge, had a good TI specific cartridge case...

Just cassette drawers, and shelves. It is frustrating.

If someone out there was a handy wood-worker, and enjoyed that sort of thing, it could be a good way to combine their hobbies...

-M@

• Like 2

I don't know how big the market is, but we've never, to my knowledge, had a good TI specific cartridge case...

If someone out there was a handy wood-worker, and enjoyed that sort of thing, it could be a good way to combine their hobbies...

-M@

There is one with the smoked plastic lift up top. But they are tabletop only.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Ganz großes Tennis. ("Really great tennis", as we also say here).*

(* This is meant figuratively. The background is allegedly a typical remark from commentators during tennis matches in the past, saying "now we see really great tennis here", which started a career as a popular saying, even in a sarcastic or ironic way.)

• Like 1

-M@

I have a trio of wedge-shaped cartridge cases that hold 24 cartridges a piece. They are awesome. I have videos of them on my YouTube channel and pix on my Photobucket account... but I am getting ready to hop in my car and drive home, so I cant post pix.

• Like 1

There is also a brown cartridge box that holds 15 TI cartridges in it. It looks like a little suitcase for a musical instrument. I have several of them. They came in several versions with different inserts to use with many of the systems that were available back then. Some cassette storage boxes work well too--and not all of those have the skipping issue.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been active for YEARS and nearly 40 pages!

With the way people update around here, I'm thinking some of these photos are now out-of-date.

Many people have never posted a photo of their system! C'mon guys, let's see 'em! :)

There are too many to choose from, but I do have a couple of questions about some of the ones shown below...

Pebo's setup here makes me wonder... did it ever get a permanent spot? If so, I'd love to see a photo!

TADA!.jpg

Conmee's clean and original has me wondering has it changed any?

gallery_41266_1330_24859.jpg

Budz2355's "modest (re)beginnings", but that was almost 3 years ago! What does it look like now I wonder?

gallery_39358_1354_1602265.jpg

Arcadeshopper updated his impressive setup 2 and 1/2 years ago. Wonder what it looks like now?

IMG_20150519_140319.jpg

OLD CS1's Multi-System has probably 'evolved' over time too!

gallery_27864_994_1629989.jpg

Sparkdrummer's well used system makes the Yesterday's News newsletter we all enjoy.

post-39776-0-26790500-1444572122.jpg

J.Ivy has one of the most unique systems I've ever seen. It's so cool!

jjwz0w.jpg

Coolio's system looks like it gets daily use being on the main desk. Any changes in the last two years?

gallery_39910_1565_964416.jpg

Hloberg has a nice custom setup with more modern equipment... any updates?

gallery_28093_1709_281804.jpg

Another twin console system... have I ever mentioned I like tower arrangements?

post-46961-0-78151800-1479515380.jpg

Casey's Cassette system has a matching color joystick... a theme? I like it.

post-27611-0-96556200-1500596983_thumb.j

Schmitzi... have you got your TI setup in the new digs? I've been patiently waiting to see you latest photo?

• Like 2

It did survive the trip Jim, and thank you! :)

Unfortunately I do not have room for a 4x8 desktop at my new place... :(. Well, I DO, but I cannot maneuver that thing down into the basement due to dimensions.

It will be getting cut down and re-purposed for a small closet office desk for my father... whom I will be relocating up here in March. His health is such that he cannot take care of himself at this time, so he will be coming up here to stay for the foreseeable future.

My solace is that my dad will be using what is left of my beautiful desktop.

It took me a whole week of staining and finishing to make that baby shine that way. :)

I remember all of the in-process photos you put up. That top is a work of art--and a work of love! I'm glad it will receive continued use in a new form, and if you're careful with the cuts, you could make two new tops out of it, one for you, and one for your dad! :)

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

You know, that may just be a possibility!!! Thanks, Jim. :)

You know, one thing that doesnt really come through in the photos is the *depth* of the finish... when you look at it, it has a 3 dimensional characteristic because of the 10 coats of polyurethane. I hand stained each grain of that desktop and applied 10 coats of finish to it. And as beautiful as it is and as much as I love it, I dont think Ill ever put that kind of work into a desktop again. I hope I can get two tops out of it...but I think 24 just wont be enough depth for my systems. We will see. :)

• Like 1