IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

...and I didn´t know that I have it !! :) I bought so much stuff in the last 15 years,

but "returned" working an TI just some weeks before

("checking the asssets" you maybe remember on FB ;)

...and then, weeks after all checking, there was one carton left,

didn´t know its about TI, but got a big suprise by opening it :)

incredible

• Like 3

I swear I had posted my picture here previously... In any case, my setup lives in the basement along with the rest of my hobby items. Out of the way and off limits to all except by special permission. The cleaning ladies think I have a holy shrine of some sort in there :grin:

Hobby room

• Like 8

I swear I had posted my picture here previously... In any case, my setup lives in the basement along with the rest of my hobby items. Out of the way and off limits to all except by special permission. The cleaning ladies think I have a holy shrine of some sort in there :grin:

Is that a Panasonic KC-P1180 printer? Reason why I ask is that I bagged one off eBay a couple of days ago and it should arrive tomorrow - weather permitting! What do you think of it and does it work well with the TI?

Is that a Panasonic KC-P1180 printer? Reason why I ask is that I bagged one off eBay a couple of days ago and it should arrive tomorrow - weather permitting! What do you think of it and does it work well with the TI?

No, it's the Panasonic KXP-1123. I have had it for 20 years now and it still works like a charm and is fully Epson compatible. Works great with the TI, and is an invaluable accessory when coding directly on the console.

• Like 1

Not nearly as impressive as many of the other long time 99'ers here, but after getting approval from the missus to carve out a section of the home office, I have the TI system up and running after almost 16 years in storage. Tried to put as much in/on the desk as possible for the photo and, truth be told, I was confined to a certain agreed-to square footage lol (binders and such will go back to a bookshelf). About 40 or so carts, a TI Coupler Modem, and a non-working TI Thermal Printer aren't pictured (if anyone is interested in the latter two, they come with original manuals and some NOS thermal paper, probably best for spare parts).

TI Shrine

TI Console

• Like 11

I lucked out a few years ago as Nevada (also Nevadans) don't recognize "TI994A" as anything significant. A co-worker did ask if it was in reference to a calculator and got the Texas Instruments part right. The 1982 "throwback" blue and white plates generally come in "ABC123" format so for most folks my plate looks like a random state issued combination.

As for the cup holder, did you mean the TI coasters? I bought a pair of them off eBay for $7 as I thought they'd be a cool addition to the shrine. They are made of actual leather and brand new. They read "Texas Instruments Product Center" with the logo in the middle and "Informart 214-746-3700" across the bottom. Those were the only ones available when I purchased them last month.

• Like 2

I lucked out a few years ago as Nevada (also Nevadans) don't recognize "TI994A" as anything significant. A co-worker did ask if it was in reference to a calculator and got the Texas Instruments part right. The 1982 "throwback" blue and white plates generally come in "ABC123" format so for most folks my plate looks like a random state issued combination.

As for the cup holder, did you mean the TI coasters? I bought a pair of them off eBay for $7 as I thought they'd be a cool addition to the shrine. They are made of actual leather and brand new. They read "Texas Instruments Product Center" with the logo in the middle and "Informart 214-746-3700" across the bottom. Those were the only ones available when I purchased them last month.

Oh I love this clean installations !! Very nice.

(I have tried something like this as you can see my installation-pics

here at the end of page 3 I think, but you make the shot. Very nice.

You can eat from the desktop, as we say in germany :)

Ralf

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

I'll check it out and see. Although I do have other non-TI ideas as well.

On another topic concerning this thread... OLD CS1, can you re-activate the edit function on in this thread? It would be great to be able to update the photos of our systems (staying current) without making a new posts.

• Like 1

I'll check it out and see. Although I do have other non-TI ideas as well.

On another topic concerning this thread... OLD CS1, can you re-activate the edit function on in this thread? It would be great to be able to update the photos of our systems (staying current) without making a new posts.

I am but Padawan. My powers are limited to moving threads, only.