IGNORED

OSNXL & OMNIVIEW 80 XL

Wally1

Bob,

later software likewhat and from what era, exactly?

are we talking carts..?

thanks

Software that was released after Omnimon came out. Once the software houses became aware of the capabilities, they started taking steps to minimize the impact.

I don't have any specifics off the top of my head, maybe someone else will chime in.

[edit]

I think most of the Electronic Arts titles don't work with Omnimon.

[/edit]

-Bob

Edited by ryanr256

was it Savage Pond, well something Pond over wrote memory wiping out its data if it found Ominmon.

There were quite a few titles out there that were Omniomon protected, as Bob said many EA titles were protected re it.

That's why in my post I said its best if you get a simple toggle with needed resistors to switch it fully out and back to the original OS, I was lucky enough to have a triple banked OS made for me so I could swap around back in the day just by a good old switch at the back of my XE.

Hi everyone,

I finally got off my duff and did what I've been thinking about for several years. Just as a heads up there will be a website going active soon that offers a board for sale to support the OmniView/OmniMon chips. Other boards will be offered too. Stay tuned. It should go live in another couple of weeks. Still working out the kinks. ;)

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I finally got off my duff and did what I've been thinking about for several years. Just as a heads up there will be a website going active soon that offers a board for sale to support the OmniView/OmniMon chips. Other boards will be offered too. Stay tuned. It should go live in another couple of weeks. Still working out the kinks. ;)

You have my interest!

:-)

-Bob

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the link. Do you mean for the program to work or for the link to work.

The program: SPD.OBJ (also inside the "Speedscript80 Orig.atr" image) needs Omniview OS to execute.

The Speedscript 80 program (SPD.OBJ) will make a JSR to $C001. If it doesn't find the expected code, the computer will crash.

madi

Edited by Madi
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

I read that the company that sold omniview would modify your atariwriter plus for 80 columns. Does anyone have a link for a download of that program or does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell?

I f you find a copy, let me know. All my 1200XLs have Omniview and an 80 column Atariwriter Plus would be awesome.

The speedscript 80 looks pretty good. I think the type is easier to read than the Last Word but that is probably due to the screen colors. If Last Word used white on black it would probably be much easier to read.

According to the v3.21 manual the screen color in Last Word is adjustable, the default value is 148 but can be set from 0 to 255.

• Like 2

I f you find a copy, let me know. All my 1200XLs have Omniview and an 80 column Atariwriter Plus would be awesome.

I recommend TLW processor and then use Omniview for programming, etc. Both are only software 80 column anyway, one is just stored in OS rom. To get better you need an XEP 80.

By the way, Omniview's colors can be adjusted too.

Edited by Gunstar

was it Savage Pond, well something Pond over wrote memory wiping out its data if it found Ominmon.

There were quite a few titles out there that were Omniomon protected, as Bob said many EA titles were protected re it.

That's why in my post I said its best if you get a simple toggle with needed resistors to switch it fully out and back to the original OS, I was lucky enough to have a triple banked OS made for me so I could swap around back in the day just by a good old switch at the back of my XE.

This is why the Atarimax 32-in-1 is so cool, it has Omnimon and Omniview and originals and many more on it, no switch required, just hold select at power up and pick an OS from the menu.

• Like 1