IGNORED

Colecovision Top 3

Robot2600

I need to play more ColecoVision and collect less! My three:

1. Galaxian

2. Ladybug

3. Gyruss

Gyruss only makes the list with an arcade stick. (I started a thread about this -- if you haven't played Gyruss with an arcade stick, do it now). Tutankham is also great with an arcade stick where the buttons are next to one another for left shoot and right shoot.

Homebrew:

- Ninja princess

- Elevator Action

- Pac Man Collection

(and of course Side Trak :) but i didnt want to put it in my top 3)

Russ

No need to be P.C. around here, that little gem deserves a place in your Top 3 Homebrews... as do the others. :thumbsup:

Edited by NIAD

Did you know that Antarctic Adventure was originally titled "Antarctic Antics"?

Anyway, one of my all-time favorites as well and hopefully Penguin Adventure wll see a CV/SGM release in the future.

Agreed! AA is tons of fun. Have you heard of or tried Penguin Land by CollectorVision! Now that game is fantastic, and hard as heck also!

Penguin Land is a really really great game! I discovered this gem thanks to collectorvision . then i realised it was a a SG1000 port and that the game also exists on Sega Master System!

http://alexkidd.com/show_game.php?ID=97

Of course on SMS , it is graphically more colored and more cute , and i have to admit it is the version i prefer.

But the SG1000/Colecovision is already very very good!!! a Must HAVE!

You can never have too many penguin games!

I think the sequel to Antarctic Adventure was Penguin Adventure for the MSX system. I've played it and it does follow AA pretty good. It would be a good addition to ColecoVision. I've played Penguin Land for SG-1000 and it is excellent.

Tough to list only 3, but I'll go with:

1. Frogger

2. Pepper II

3. Venture

Sammy Lightfoot should get a special mention too. I guess it's not that great of a game, but it's one that I grew up with and enjoyed. Nothing was funnier than that spinning hairdo back then. :)

Sammy Lightfoot should get a special mention too. I guess it's not that great of a game, but it's one that I grew up with and enjoyed. Nothing was funnier than that spinning hairdo back then. :)

That's exactly why lists like these always end up being so varied in their responses even when there are certain games that everyone knows are head and shoulders above the rest and should be in everyone's list. I didn't include Pepper II in my list, but it is without a doubt one of the best games made for the CV as is Galaxian... another game that didn't make my list.

I ended up including a sentimental favorite in Super Action Baseball mainly because it was the one and only game that my father would sit down and play with me, it is my favorite sport, it was the best baseball videogame of it's time and I really did like the Super Action Controllers.

Like everyone said, it's hard to pick just 3! But here are my picks

1 - Jumpman Junior (probably my favorite game of all time, along with its older brother Jumpman)

2 - Miner 2049er (what can I say, I love platformers!)

3 - Frenzy (I'm still playing this game fairly often)

Honorable mentions go to Spy Hunter and Lady Bug (I told you, I couldn't just pick 3!)

After some further thought as well as playing Quest for the Golden Chalice for a couple hours at work (gotta luv it), I need to revamp my Top 3 Homebrew List and drop Jeepers Creepers in favor of Quest. I didn't give this one, especially the higher skill levels, enough playtime before and I am even more impressed now with the job that Mystery Man and PixelBoy did with this game.