IGNORED

Playground

senior_falcon

38 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

DEMO-S is actually DEMO-S.txt

The .txt tells you this is a windows format file; not a TI format file. (although I don't think it's required, I always append .txt to a windows format file)

You can open this with a text editor such as Notepad, Notepad++ or whatever you prefer. You can make changes and when done save the revised file.

Classic99 must be configured so it can read and write windows format files. Here is how I have set it up for DSK1.

C99setup.JPG.7ba4cb3371e8aeebf31642e0b7e83e95.JPG

Now to assemble. Load the assembler (Not the editor-you don't need that!!!)

ASSEMBLER.JPG.2be9077b74e6f6a28e7fe3785263a731.JPG

And that should assemble properly for you.

The DEMO-S is a relic from using the TI editor asssembler package where I used DEMO-S for source code and DEMO-O for object code. If I were redoing this I'd get rid of the -S and -O and make it simply DEMO.TXT and DEMO.OBJ

ty, got it working

Edited by xxx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, apersson850 said:

But today I use variable names that are long as a winter in the north of Sweden (like linkTable[index].positions.adjust[index2] or folderAutomation.settings.usePerfCenter, cut from the last program I was working on), just because it's more efficient for me to remember what their purpose is, compared to if I call them A and B.

Real adventurous programmers use variable names like "Bob" and "Nancy." That is living, my friend :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dear Lee Stewart and dear RXB,

Excuse me for reacting so slow to your messages. I wasn't in the mood to comment on the statements of your messages the last days. Now I am going to comment on these statements: 

I am not sure what exactly you mean by “modern day”, but I do not think I would put SAMS in that category. It has been around since the early 1990s.

Hmm the GRAM devices have been around longer then SAMS, Western Digital Hard Drive Controller has been around about same time.

Heck even the RAMDISK was around that time.

So even my stuff was way back in 1987.

Fortunately, in your profiles images of you are visible. On the basis of them I come to the conclusion that you are about 10 to 15 years older than me. So way back, in the mid 80's to mid 90's, you weren't any more pupils going to school, but already employees earning regular income. Hence you could easily afford every add-on part for the TI then. Additionally, at that time, peripheral parts for the TI could be obtained more easily in the States than in West Germany. Furthermore, I can remember that the price for an TI Extended Basic cart amounted to about DM450 (German Mark) or $158 (the exchange rate during that time period was about $1 for DM2.85) in 1984. A price I could never have afforded without the financial aid of my father. At last, I couldn't afford at all a PEB inclusive 32k RAM card and 1(?, or maybe 2?) internal floppy disk drive(s) (purchasing price DM1000) or a nine needles dot matrix color printer (DM1200) and a TI side port to RS-232 adaptor (DM150) (I hopefully recalled the purchasing prices from my memory correctly).

Regards 

Edited by MueThor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MueThor said:

Dear Lee Stewart and dear RXB,  Excuse me for reacting so slow to your messages. I wasn't in the mood to comment on the statements of your messages the last days. Now I am going to comment on these statements: Fortunately, in your profiles images of you are visible. On the basis of them I come to the conclusion that you are about 10 to 15 years older than me. So way back, in the mid 80's to mid 90's, you weren't any more pupils going to school, but already employees earning regular income. Hence you could easily afford every add-on part for the TI then. Additionally, at that time, peripheral parts for the TI could be obtained more easily in the States than in West Germany. Furthermore, I can remember that the price for an TI Extended Basic cart amounted to about DM450 (German Mark) or $158 (the exchange rate during that time period was about $1 for DM2.85) in 1984. A price I could never have afforded without the financial aid of my father. At last, I couldn't afford at all a PEB inclusive 32k RAM card and 1(?, or maybe 2?) internal floppy disk drive(s) (purchasing price DM1000) or a nine needles dot matrix color printer (DM1200) and a TI side port to RS-232 adaptor (DM150) (I hopefully recalled the purchasing prices from my memory correctly).            Regards 

My challenge was not to whether you had or could afford a SAMS card when they were first available in the early 1990s but to your considering SAMS a “modern-day solution”, which I would not.

...lee

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

...considering SAMS a “modern-day solution”, which I would not.

Dunno, considering there do not appear to be any newer or supported products on the hobbyist market, and the fact that they are still being built, one could consider it the modern day solution sans any viable alternatives. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Just because a product is "resurrected" and brought back into production by some kind soul (in this case KSARUL) to make it available once again doesn't make it modern. The fact is, the AEMS (and SAMS) were introduced years ago. The Horizon 400B is also a fairly ancient concept - albeit with some modern upgrades.

One can always ponder...

WHAT IF someone devoted their precious time and money to develop a Super Duper Awesome Upgraded Memory Device?

WHAT IF it could magically bank switch on it's own to appear to be one large easy to use memory for users.

WHAT IF you could afford to buy one.

You have to realize...

"Someone" would have to write the huge programs to run on a new device that hardly anyone owns, that's a hard sell.

Without software to use it, what's the point of purchasing one?

Lots of people already own a SAMS. I don't know about others, but I'm not about to rip out my SAMS just to replace it with something that could take YEARS to be usable.

Current alternative...

If someone did have a killer application or game idea, the currently popular and available FinalGROM could be utilized to house such a program.

My opinion...

I looked forward to new toys for my TI like the TIPI and FinalGROM, because they play nice with existing hardware and software and didn't make things I have incompatible.  Even if something magically appeared tomorrow, I truly doubt I would buy one as I would have no current use for it.  I'm sticking with the SAMS card, as even now things are starting to trickle out and use it.

• Like 1

Gees.. don't tell me SAMs has been around for years...lol.. I just got mine last year..or the year before, and I considered it brand new! I've never heard of them, but I dropped my TI back in, hmm 1985 and didn't look back, until 2017.

So it's ALL brand new TO ME. And it's loving me back with all kinds of NEW stuff, like my Supercart.. which I made in 1983ish.. and NOW my SNE program makes it NEW again, for ME. 

The software can make things new again. 

Look at the 737 MAX..it's new again... maybe NEW software will keep it in the air..

• Like 1