IGNORED

XM - any chance it will be in our hands by Christmas?

thursday83

When will you guys learn? DO NOT LISTEN TO ZYLONPAIN! :roll:

Thanks for the heads up - I don't frequent the 7800 forum, so wasn't familiar with his trolling.

Manage Ignore Prefs sure is handy - interesting that 2 of them have been banned, guess I can remove them from the list. A couple others I don't remember why they're there - a "reason why" text field for each entry sure could be handy :)

• Like 1

Well, the keyboard is the one important thing to me about the XM...okay, two, the SIO port too.

Beyond that all I need is a cartridge with ROM and maybe additional contiguous RAM, and I can try to see about making the thing into a bona-fide computer with BASIC and everything.

Make your own XM games with batari Basic 7800! :lust:

• Like 2

Keep in mind...Curt has always said that once the pre-orders have been satisfied, he will continue to make batches of XM's available. IMHO, once the first orders get taken care of, It would only make sense that Curt would want to sell more of them. Mainly, to help recoup some money on the massive amount of R&D time he & his team has invested (not to mention all of the costs associated with the numerous unforeseen hardware revisions).

Is this still the case? If I go here I see the following message: "THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED, NO ADDITIONAL UNITS WILL BE SOLD AFTER THE JANUARY 30TH SHIPMENTS ARE MADE, NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT ON PROJECTS WILL BE DONE" (caps in the original). That is on the syzygy site. I've honestly tried not to read a lot of 7800 threads lately. But is this the latest word....one run of XMs only? Also, is the latest word (or at least the AA community's understanding of it) that the XM will ship January 30th 2014?

Hi guys,

Not much to really report, things are moving along well, Perry want to do some synth test code for the Yamaha chip and things are being checked on the final rev board designs. I want to make another run shortly but each time costs a lot so with all of the test run boards, fixes, changes, updates and then going back - its costing a lot to do this, so going to do another test board set run is being held off for really try to shake out any other changes and such, plus the firmware updates still need to be addressed, so there is much to do but I just wanted to check in and say hi.

Also, I've said this again, there is nothing wrong with people asking about how things are coming along with the XM, I'm not the greatest when it comes to posting updates, but also there is not much to update that would be a major interest to everyone, its just very boring design changes now to iron out compatibility and functionality issues. So please, cut people a brake if all they want to do is ask.

Yes, we all know Fernando had an agenda and he was spreading nothing but lies and such at me and numerous others, sometimes disturbed trouble makers rear their ugly heads in places and all they do is take pleasure in trying to hurt others.

Everyone have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Curt

Is this still the case? If I go here I see the following message: "THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED, NO ADDITIONAL UNITS WILL BE SOLD AFTER THE JANUARY 30TH SHIPMENTS ARE MADE, NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT ON PROJECTS WILL BE DONE" (caps in the original). That is on the syzygy site. I've honestly tried not to read a lot of 7800 threads lately. But is this the latest word....one run of XMs only? Also, is the latest word (or at least the AA community's understanding of it) that the XM will ship January 30th 2014?

108 Stars is correct. Old message/old link. That was from last year.

As shaky posted, Curt's update concerning XM development is here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218921-xm-any-chance-it-will-be-in-our-hands-by-christmas/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2875154

Summarizing what's being worked on:

-Synth test code for the Yamaha chip

-Final rev board design checks

-Firmware updates still need to be addressed

-Ironing out remaining compatibility and functionality issues

The correct link to order the XM, after the pre-orders are shipped is here: http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

• Like 3

Curt's website states Atari Basic was converted to the 7800 but unreleased just like the 7800 keyboard.

Is Batari Basic better than Atari Basic, and is there a 7800 version?

If we ever get a version of batari Basic for the 7800, it would only work on your PC. The compiled game could be played using a Harmony cartridge made for the Atari 7800, but it doesn't exist yet either.

If we ever get a version of batari Basic for the 7800, it would only work on your PC. The compiled game could be played using a Harmony cartridge made for the Atari 7800, but it doesn't exist yet either.

Exclusive to Harmony products or also playable using a CC2, the developer RAM cart Video61 sells, or, ahem, via emulators?

Exclusive to Harmony products or also playable using a CC2, the developer RAM cart Video61 sells, or, ahem, via emulators?

If something like bB ever existed for the 7800, right, games made with it would work with an Atari 7800 emulator or in any other way any other Atari 7800 game can be played.

• 1 month later...