IGNORED

AVGN Game

Lodmot

About a year and a half ago, I programmed an Atari 2600 game using Visual bB, had a cartridge made for it with custom labels, and sent it to James Rolfe as a fan gift for him. The game has the AVGN theme song and logo on the titlescreen, it has two bosses, and two difficulty settings. I had only two cartridges of this game pressed, one for me (which he signed) and one for James.

Here are some in-game screenshots:

TheAngryVideoGameNerdbin_7.png

defaultbasbin.png

Here's the cartridge itself:

photobucket-1223-1332202693753.jpg

Also, more significantly, this game actually had the honor of being featured in his latest AVGN episode, "AVGN Games". You could watch the video here: (my game is at the 9:30 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEz0IoffV9g

If you never heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd, or James Rolfe before, you should definitely check this guy out. He's freaking hilarious! XDDDD

I'll put up a ROM dump of the game when I go back home tonight (I'm a resident at my university :P)

Hope you guys enjoy this. ^^

• Like 14

He is always resorting to abusive language, that is supposed to be funny? I don't think so. I think he needs professional help.

Agreed. I have no problem with curse words...I use them plenty myself. But when every 4th word is an f-bomb is becomes the opposite of funny. For some reason lots of people find this entertaining. Sadder still some people find it "informative". I once got into an editing war on the 5200 Wikipedia page because some troll (who hates the 5200 btw) wanted to use the AVGN as a "reliable source" of info on the 5200's controllers. Really?

• Like 1

Ah well, we all have our own personal preferences of what's comical and what isn't. I personally think he's hilarious and awesome xD And he definitely shows compassion for his fans, which is rare for a celebrity, so that's a plus. The other interesting thing is, I've met him in real life at MagFest conventions, and he's actually the polar opposite of what he's like in these videos. He has a wife and daughter, and he's a really nice genuine person.

• Like 7

Ah well, we all have our own personal preferences of what's comical and what isn't. I personally think he's hilarious and awesome xD And he definitely shows compassion for his fans, which is rare for a celebrity, so that's a plus. The other interesting thing is, I've met him in real life at MagFest conventions, and he's actually the polar opposite of what he's like in these videos. He has a wife and daughter, and he's a really nice genuine person.

Exactly, it's a character and you don't have to like it but he simply supplies what his fans demand, he would get far more flack and lose many fans if he suddenly stopped dropping F-bombs. It is the characters schtick that is all. James Rolfe the person has always seemed genuine and considerate and polite and I enjoy Monster Madness during Halloween as well as his other non AVGN projects.

If anyone truly watches AVGN for true retro gaming information well that is their own fault lol. That is largely the same group of people who wear atari or intellivision logo shirts who never actually played or owned one back in the day, there is plenty of real practical classic gaming info and history to be found with little effort so if someone is serious about it there is no excuse.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 4

Hm, because the uses abusive language he is liked for that? What the mentality of the people watching it?

Have you noticed the crap that passes for entertainment these days? Think reality shows and such, pandering to the lowest common denominator guarantees success as sad as it is.....

• Like 1

I think the point of the thread is "I made a game and a semi-famous YouTube 'celebrity' put it in his video and I'll post the .bin file when I get a chance." Doesn't matter much if you like the character he plays or not, thousands of people will see an Atari 2600 game made with batari Basic.

• Like 6

Have you noticed the crap that passes for entertainment these days? Think reality shows and such, pandering to the lowest common denominator guarantees success as sad as it is.....

Actually, all my friends seem to love Family Guy for some reason, and I just don't get it.. o.o

Everywhere I go, people seem to have this fanaticism for Family Guy, and South Park, etc.

Sure, they may be decent shows, but what bugs me is they're always shoved in my face with

people talking about them all the time, and that annoys me and makes me not want to see

those shows. I like AVGN because he's only semi-famous, as RT put it, and I also like him because

he doesn't treat his fans like they're ATM machines. xD

He is always resorting to abusive language, that is supposed to be funny? I don't think so. I think he needs professional help.

well, he is acting, the avgn is just a character he plays lol. its kind of like boogie2988 if youve ever heard of him, he is known for his rages where he uses the character Francis, in real life he doesnt get that mad, he is a totally calm guy.

• Like 1

About a year and a half ago, I programmed an Atari 2600 game using Visual bB, had a cartridge made for it with custom labels, and sent it to James Rolfe as a fan gift for him. The game has the AVGN theme song and logo on the titlescreen, it has two bosses, and two difficulty settings. I had only two cartridges of this game pressed, one for me (which he signed) and one for James.

Here are some in-game screenshots:

TheAngryVideoGameNerdbin_7.png

defaultbasbin.png

Here's the cartridge itself:

photobucket-1223-1332202693753.jpg

Also, more significantly, this game actually had the honor of being featured in his latest AVGN episode, "AVGN Games". You could watch the video here: (my game is at the 9:30 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEz0IoffV9g

If you never heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd, or James Rolfe before, you should definitely check this guy out. He's freaking hilarious! XDDDD

I'll put up a ROM dump of the game when I go back home tonight (I'm a resident at my university :P)

Hope you guys enjoy this. ^^

pretty awesome that you were in one of this episodes! you should somehow make cartridges of this and sell it, with the review and all i bet it would sell a ton :D

pretty awesome that you were in one of this episodes! you should somehow make cartridges of this and sell it, with the review and all i bet it would sell a ton :D

Well, I actually have never sold any games before, so I'm not really familiar with how that works. Since making games is something I just enjoy doing, I usually don't get money involved with it. xDD

Also, I was originally intending for this game to be just sort of a gift to James, like from me to him. I never meant for it to be a profit of any kind. If I saw that there were like 50 people that wanted it, then I would consider it, but as it is, I'm just a college guy in school, and the money I spent for these two cartridges was just money from my own pocket from working at a grocery store. LOL! I will make the game downloadable though, so you could all play it. In fact, that reminds me, I'm home now, so I'll go set up the link! ^^

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 3

well, he is acting, the avgn is just a character he plays lol. its kind of like boogie2988 if youve ever heard of him, he is known for his rages where he uses the character Francis, in real life he doesnt get that mad, he is a totally calm guy.

The videos of him out of character are probably my favorites, actually.

• Like 1

Well, I actually have never sold any games before, so I'm not really familiar with how that works. Since making games is something I just enjoy doing, I usually don't get money involved with it. xDD

Also, I was originally intending for this game to be just sort of a gift to James, like from me to him. I never meant for it to be a profit of any kind. If I saw that there were like 50 people that wanted it, then I would consider it, but as it is, I'm just a college guy in school, and the money I spent for these two cartridges was just money from my own pocket from working at a grocery store. LOL! I will make the game downloadable though, so you could all play it. In fact, that reminds me, I'm home now, so I'll go set up the link! ^^

No, I'll give you $25 if you'll ship me a cartridge like the one you made.

I didn't actually make those cartridges, I sent in an order at AtariAge for them to make it for me. I only designed the label..

Let me think about it for a couple days first.

In that case I can download the ROM and send it to them myself. I'd still like to know how you feel about that though, it'd be cool if you were okay with it. But with my complaints in the past I'd probably get the cartridge in a bag after Al drove over it with his car.