IGNORED

AVGN Game

Lodmot

I think bill cosby said We used to go to comedians to laugh at what is funny and the potty mouthed people in the back swore stuff to their buddies. Now the potty mouthed slimeballs are on stage.

Something along that line was said anyway.

That and all these stupid no shame generations are destroying society.

But lets talk stupid as we can and think its smart.

• Like 1

The average guy just wants to go to work, drink some beers, beat his wife and kids, have an affair, get some sleep, then start it all over again the next day. The average guy's kids just want to escape or rebel the best way they can by saying 'naughty' words, smoking, drinking alcohol, doing drugs, having sex, beating up other kids, and just generally acting like other people are their personal playthings. For example, the knockout game is funny to these kids. Setting someone on fire is funny to them. Stabbing a homeless guy to death is funny to them. Punching a pregnant lady in the stomach and ripping out her baby is funny to them. Some guy cussing in a video or cartoon characters saying naughty things is tame compared to what some of these kids would do to you right now for laughs if they were in the same room with you. For example, if you had a kitten, they'd hold you down, cut you open from your belly button to your ribs, stuff your kitten inside, sew you back up the best they could, then laugh as the kitten howls and rips apart your internal organs. Your horrific screams would only make them laugh louder.

These kids would be too lazy and weak and afraid to screw with me. I would have to be dead for any of that to happen.

But I see what you mean. Kids going around punching kids and knocking them out when they are not even fighting with them and putting it on utube. People that join gangs.. all weak senseless wastes of society. But its cool like smoking in a 50s movie cool. Nobody gets hurt just want to belong..

And yeah I got 1 cat and caring for 2 feral cats which me and my kids built a house for them to survive the -53 wind chill today. cat person here dont mess with em!!

Oh look, people of previous generations dissappointed with the current one. Just remember, you helped make it! ;)
I for one, consider AVGN funny. It's off model, it's absurd, it's outrageous. Even beyond the vulgarity, the shere honesty in his expressions and body language show that it's more than just an act; it's repression.
There was once a time where smashing watermelons could be considered vulgar.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/22/2013 at 4:53 PM, high voltage said:

He is always resorting to abusive language, that is supposed to be funny? I don't think so. I think he needs professional help.

At times some of his quips are amusing. But oftentimes it's too forced. 

Certainly iconic, given the sheer quantity...

His Swordquest video was utterly first rate as far as documentaries go... 0:53 starts the documentary, which has a lot less over-the-top pottymouth than you'd believe:

(yeah, I'm shocked too... virtually no toidymouth...)

If only they had 8K ROM for Pac-Man and a couple more weeks to refine ET, since they're scapegoated for the downfall of the industry. Given the number of other games that were genuinely bad, it may have been unavoidable.  Pac-Man was decent at the time, though it could have been better.  ET pushed the system's boundaries and was ahead of its time. I still play it more than many games today, even with its nitpicks (that wait for the ship to arrive is nail-biting but the sound effects in stereo are way-cool...)

Earthworld was cool.

Fireworld was and surprisingly fairly lame.  I didn't get to the others at the time...

Waterworld, when I finally got to play it, felt uninspired... still would wanted to have seen Airworld, the series was cool on its own (the comic were cool)

Edited by CommodoreDecker

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2013 at 6:01 PM, jetset said:

Agreed. I have no problem with curse words...I use them plenty myself. But when every 4th word is an f-bomb is becomes the opposite of funny. For some reason lots of people find this entertaining. Sadder still some people find it "informative". I once got into an editing war on the 5200 Wikipedia page because some troll (who hates the 5200 btw) wanted to use the AVGN as a "reliable source" of info on the 5200's controllers. Really?

Yeah really. Because the controllers aren't absolutely f@#%!^g dog shit. Which they absolutely are. So what's the problem with him being credited as a source for saying something that is 100% true. 

I just think you don't like the fact that HE said it.

I have never bought a console before that came with 4 controllers.........that were all dead except 1 which was barely holding on. It worked when it wanted to. I also didnt have the patience to hunt down a $200 joystick to fix the problem.

5200 is cool, but it's controllers were a slap in the face to anyone who bought it.

That is what you call a controller that's shit.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sn8k said:

Yeah really. Because the controllers aren't absolutely f@#%!^g dog shit. Which they absolutely are. So what's the problem with him being credited as a source for saying something that is 100% true. 

I just think you don't like the fact that HE said it.

I have never bought a console before that came with 4 controllers.........that were all dead except 1 which was barely holding on. It worked when it wanted to. I also didnt have the patience to hunt down a $200 joystick to fix the problem.

5200 is cool, but it's controllers were a slap in the face to anyone who bought it.

That is what you call a controller that's shit.

Wow. Angry much? Yes the controllers are prone to the fire buttons wearing out, the rest of the controller rarely fails. A quick watch of a youtube vid, a piece sliver of aluminum foil, and a dab of glue the controllers work like new.
If you owned the system back in the day, they were far from a slap in the face, unless you straight sucked at videogames. Both the INTV and CV controllers were way, WAY worse, but like the 5200 controllers, a little practice and a little skill and you adapted. I never heard of anybody having trouble with the non-self centering until the internet took hold, and people (like the AVGN twit) got the system, played once, sucked, and blamed the controllers.
What's 100% true my friend is you have no clue of that which you speak. If you honestly think 5200 controllers cost $200 (exaggerate much?) I'll sell you my working four for $100 each.
But whatever your opinion of the sticks, AVGN is a jackass.

Cheers and have a great day friend! Maybe have some milk and cookies or come camomile tea. Helps calm the nerves.  ;)