IGNORED

E-jagfest 2013 first day impression

TXG/MNX

Great video indeed, love the subtitles. :)

One thing from the video I first saw at e-Jagfest and that deserves a mention:

post-21561-0-03283600-1385579243_thumb.jpg

A two page story (paid advertisement) from a 1983 German issue of the Penthouse magazine. In it this guy in a suit gets into a threesome with two chicks while playing the 2600. The games they play are named in the short text passages that make up the "story".

That's some damn innovative advertisement for a video game company in the early 80ies, when games were still regarded as child's play! Hell, even today I doubt Nintendo would do that. :D

So thanks to the guys from videospielarchiv.de who plan to do an archive of every publication connected to games. I wanted to take close up photos of the pages, but sadly they went home relatively early.^^

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 3

I'm interested to hear if any of those home made portable Jags were on display and what people think - or are they old hat now?

This is one area I've not looked into. From memory they take several months to build and cost in the region of $300 or way more.

I can't help thinking that's a lot of money for RSI! But they sure did look good.

After Hyperkin released the Supaboy they were asking what portables they should work on next. Well, I submitted to them that it must be Jaguar!! Nothing from them yet but I think the general consensus was in favour of N64.

Probably one of those areas best forgetten until another 20 years goes by and technology makes it easier to build.

There's a lot more to the terrible 'Rocks Off' than meets the eye.

First off, there's a newer binary - trust the artist to not put the latest build up (not much changed, so probably not worth posting it!) but the 'game' (for want of a better word, the entire game logic is about 18 lines of assembler written on a rainy afternoon) does flag which levels you have completed (with an amazing '+' character) and save it to the memory track (assuming you have one).

All the back-end stuff you'd normally expect is in there, in fact, far more back end stuff than actual front end stuff. Yes, you can use 'walking the board' to complete all the levels, too, if you so desire as there is no 'random game breaking' mode. It's all very pointless :)

As for the other one, Expressway, the gibberish above the scores are actually webcodes. I have no idea whatsoever what I was thinking when I added that, but there you go.

Enjoy!

Some stuff was released at the event. Not going to make a new thread as it's hardly worth it, but some of you might want to take a look anyway:

http://reboot.atari.org

:0)

• Like 4

Three posts in a row! It's almost like I'm channeling someone.... but it's been so long I can't remember who...

Anyway, this 'newer binary' bit is wrong, sh3 did indeed post the latest one. My brain must be trying to blot this out!

Right, I'm 'orf now. Someone else write something :P

First off, there's a newer binary

• Like 1