IGNORED

NYD 14

Heaven/TQA

These xenon files don't seem to play on real hardware.. But they are great in the emulator.

Hello rdea6,

I have just tested them on an 800XL and they work for me. I am Using AspeQt, put the files in a mounted folder image (mounted as d4:), booted with MyPicoDos and executed them from d4:.

Do you get any error message?

BTW they are developed for a PAL system, perhaps that is the problem?

BTW2: an XL/XE is needed (64KB required)

Edited by tzeb
  • Like 1

pps, thanks for organizing! Also thanks to the other participants, I have enjoyed the entries.

As a new years bonus, I have two more songs for the Xenon enthusiasts (Rybags!).

http://tzeb.nl/ym2pokey/files/xenons.zip

Greetings,

tzeb

The titlesong of XENON1 is one of the not so many reasons I still kept a ST in stock. Thanks to you, I have one reason more to get rid of the ST.

Thanks for creating it!

Edited by ProWizard

Hello rdea6,

I have just tested them on an 800XL and they work for me. I am Using AspeQt, put the files in a mounted folder image (mounted as d4:), booted with MyPicoDos and executed them from d4:.

Do you get any error message?

BTW they are developed for a PAL system, perhaps that is the problem?

BTW2: an XL/XE is needed (64KB required)

Just get a lot of garbage on screen and the it stops loading... I have all NTSC Atari's so if they are for PAL this explains my problems..

Still they are great sounds and I like them with the emulator.. Big reason I was disappointed was My Atari setup is in the back room where all the entertainment equipment is..

Thanks for the answer...

hi bountybob,

my best score for caveblaster (compiled version) is 1628- and powersoft has a score of 1670(!!!)

Just a few tipps:

- Use the boost to get faster left or right

- use the blast only if it is absolutely neccessary, often you can fly around using the boost option

- training, training training

- don't look at the scoreline, the game is to fast for it. just fly.

- allways keep your ship in the middle.

BOOST:

This makes your ship nearly two times faster (left/right). With every new ship you get 99 blastpoints.

BLAST:

Clears an aera around your ship, perfect for breaking trough walls or other things in your way. You have 9 boosts for the whole game.

If one of this used up, the flipping color turns to brown, if both are zero it will turn to red.

RANKING:

0-999:Spacecook

1000-1999: Spacecadet

2000-2999: Bigblaster

3000 and more: Mr.Spiff!

Have fun playing the game!

edit: corrected boost/blast :-)

Edited by holgibo
  • Like 1

Moved up from Cook to Cadet on Caveblaster! (1,340)

Some feedback:

Could do with preventing double blast as it's too easy to waste them.

The blue flickering pmg is a bit annoying

And a minor one - could also add fire to start (prevent title screen being skipped!)

Nice fun game with a mix of skill and luck :thumbsup:

Have I seen something else from Gringosoft? :ponder:

Cool , 1340 is a good score!

Preventing double blast: Hm, is possible to prpgram, but later in the game can be situation where you need double blast.

Annoying blue flickering PMG: This happened because of the compiling, i will fix this in the next version. I will slow the flipflop effect down, like in the uncompiled version.

Start with firebutton: Good Idea, when the game is over there could be a short message" AGAIN? PRESS FIRE!" After a short time it will change to the titlescreen. Noticed.

More from Gringosoft? Yes, I made "Caterpillar", a game for up to 4 persons with paddles. This game made the 6th place in the Abbuc Software Contest 2012. This year I will do some changes in this game. I hab problems to compile this game, because of some code. When this is fixed, it will be more playable with 4 players. And I want to add the joystick-option for two player-sessions.

Please post a photo when you got the Mr.Spiff! Rank :-)

• Like 1