IGNORED

"Chicken" 800xl ported for the 5200? Is there a conversion rom out there?

myklejay

Does anyone remember the game "Chicken" on 800xl, I used to play it daily it had really simple gameplay similar to frogger and was very addictive.

I'm wondering if anyone has done a 5200 port, I would love to have the rom on my atarimax sd cart!

If there isn't a conversion for "chicken" maybe a port of "freeway" from the 2600 system?

post-37464-0-61363200-1385487339_thumb.gif

Yes, its in the Atarimax area. Its a great game. I like it better then frogger!

Thanks Mike,

Can you help me find the "Atarimax area" you are referring to, I'm new here and can't find a damn thing on the atarimax forums, come to think of it I have a hard time searching and finding things here as well... any help would be greatly appreciated!

m

• 3 weeks later...

I think the picture in the OP is from a type-in program from Antic magazine also called Chicken. There was a second version that works on XL machines as the original only worked on 400/800. It was a BASIC program so not sure how it'll work on a 5200...

I think the picture in the OP is from a type-in program from Antic magazine also called Chicken. There was a second version that works on XL machines as the original only worked on 400/800. It was a BASIC program so not sure how it'll work on a 5200...

Interesting, no wonder nobody knows anything about the "Chicken" title I'm referring to, I originally played it as a kid on an 800XL. I recently acquired a nice XEGS and the flashcart is on it's way so I should hopefully be able to play this game now right!