IGNORED

Another trip to San Jose. Any good Atari era places to visit?

ACML

I'll be in the San Jose/Sunnyvale area again next week and am looking for historic Atari addresses. Last trip I cruised down Borregas Avenue and saw 1265 and 1196 (former HQ's). I think the real original Atari building is a small office in Santa Clara, but I don't remember the address. What buildings on Borregas were the production lines that the 400/800 were built? Also, anyone know which building Jay Miner had his office in?

Edited by ACML

Here is a link to Atari Museum website that contains an old facility map (for the Sunnyvale area). One of the last warehouses (end of Tramiel era) is at the corner of Mathilda Ave and Carribean Ave in Sunnyvale, located close to a great surplus place to visit called Weird Stuff.

If you haven't already picked up, you should get the book Atari, Inc. - Business is Fun (available on Amazon) which should help give insight to the various locations that existed before the two Borregas locations you mentioned above. There are pictures of the early locations and addresses assocated with them. If you go to http://ataribook.com/book/ you can click on excerpt and check out the book on Google preview - there are some sample images to check out. The book is very much worth the purchase!

While there, you should try and check out the Computer History Museum in Mountain View.

Have a great trip and give us a report what you got to see and find!

Glenn

Anyone remember San Jose Computers? I used to use them a fair bit for mail order Atari stuff (being from a small town in British Columbia, our one and only Atari shop had already closed up).

I wonder if they went out of business or morphed into something else.

Up for some detective work while you're out there?

Anyone remember San Jose Computers? I used to use them a fair bit for mail order Atari stuff (being from a small town in British Columbia, our one and only Atari shop had already closed up).

I wonder if they went out of business or morphed into something else.

Up for some detective work while you're out there?

It's possible. I think the Byte Shop that sold the first 50 original Apple 1's is now a bar, so It has probably morphed into a Starbucks.