IGNORED

Playstation Plus 1-Year Membership - $29.99

Cap5750

I'm sure all of you know this, but just in case you're hiding under a rock somewhere, virtually all online retailers have the Playstation Plus 1-Year membership cards available for $29.99 (down from $49.99) today.

I've already picked one up and am debating grabbing another (it seems you can stack them). That would mean I would have the 1 month free that came with the PS4 plus an additional 24 for 60 bucks. Not bad!

I've been trying to hype myself into a psn+ account for some time now, but I can't see it being worth $30/yr. I'm not even sure I see it being worth my time at $10/yr. There's a galaga game in there that looks more annoying than fun--and that's the best game I see in the list. No way I'm coughing up $30 for something I'll fiddle with for 20 min at best the time it takes to patch. I must really be missing something on PSN+. If the people on PSN+ got more speed on the network, well maybe then I'd consider it.

I also tend to wonder how much more PSN+ support ps3 is really going to have. Would I even get the full year, or is this some kind of devious plan to push me to new hardware? Right now somewhere in japan there's probably a greasy businessman rubbing his hands together and counting the seconds until he can pull the plug on my system.

Edited by Reaperman

This deal was good enough for me to jump on. I have not had a PS+ membership before so I'm looking forward to seeing how beneficial it really is. Apparently they got overloaded with people redeeming these codes through PS Store so they disabled that temporarily. I was able to redeem it through Account Management though. I've already downloaded a free avatar and game.

For anyone new to PS+, you'll want to go an 'buy' all the free games. You don't have to download them, just add them to your cart and checkout. That way you'll always have access to them, even when they're no longer offered for free.

You don't have to be at your console to do this. It can be done through the online PSN site:

http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

• Like 1

This deal was good enough for me to jump on. I have not had a PS+ membership before so I'm looking forward to seeing how beneficial it really is. Apparently they got overloaded with people redeeming these codes through PS Store so they disabled that temporarily. I was able to redeem it through Account Management though. I've already downloaded a free avatar and game.

It takes time, in about a year you should have a good collection of games.

As goldenegg says...every week on tuesday's add all the free games (even the Vita ones in case you ever get a Vita) to your cart and checkout. When the downloads begin just cancel. You can then just download those games in the future whenever your ready for them but it's up to you. The reason is because if those games are no longer free you miss out on them.

I picked up a Vita about 3 months ago after gathering a dozen Vita games over the past year so I STILL have not had the need to buy a Vita game.

If your into RPG's pick up Dragons Dogma for PS3, I think its still listed as free.

We also get Borderlands 2 and Grid 2 for free sometime in December.

PSN will let you stack quite a few (I'm good till the end of 2016). I might get one more if Amazon runs the sale again on Cyber Monday.

There's really no need to go that crazy with them. Subscriptions for PS+ and Xbox Live Gold always go on sale for the holidays.

I picked up a Vita about 3 months ago after gathering a dozen Vita games over the past year so I STILL have not had the need to buy a Vita game.

If your into RPG's pick up Dragons Dogma for PS3, I think its still listed as free.

I would but my picking up a prepaid card for psn+ access (at least over the holidays since I'm expecting at least a couple gift cards from family) won't work. Hopefully just "For now" and not "Not ever".

*update*

Got them to work thanks to an article I found on kotaku. While the psn store isn't accepting voucher codes, you can still apparently redeem them directly from your ps3's account management tab.

Edited by Mord