IGNORED

Mega st 4 European power in North America

MoreBITS

I just picked up a Magazine ST 4. It came from Europe. I assumed that it would have specifications for voltage on the back of the machine.

It doesn't, and after some web searching I wasn't able to find the answer, so I pulled the cover off.

I can further and pull all the shielding off, but I figured I would post the question on the forum.

Does the Mega, the ST, or specifically the Mega 4 have a universal powersupply that will work with 110 in the US, or do I need to use a transformer?

European STs will have either a 220V (continental, nowadays changed to 230V) or 240V (UK) PSU, a 110/230V voltage converter, as they are quite easily available e.g. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3600871810141?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360087181014&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] , will cope with both.

The only other issue might be the ROMs (the Mega ST doesn't have a TV out anyway, AFAIK, and the 50Hz screen refresh rate should cause an SC1224 no problems - if it does anyway, there's small utility programs to change the frequency on boot-up) and keyboard layout.

Edited by Thorsten Günther