IGNORED

At last new beta of BlueMSX

nanochess

After some years without updates, I've found there is now a public beta of BlueMSX v2.8.9 :D

The news in Colecovision support are:

o Support for Opcode Super Game Module.

o Support for Super Game Controller.

o Support for Colecovision Expansion Module #2 using mouse.

http://www.vik.cc/bluemsx/blueforum/viewtopic.php?t=1980

Currently without installer, copy the bluemsx.exe over the older one. If it gives a Windows message you'll need a DirectX end-user runtime.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

• Like 2

It's a joystick that looks like a fencing sword's hilt. There's a stick on the top and four buttons arranged in a vertical row along the bottom. A handful of games support it, including Star Trek, Spy Hunter, and Coleco's sports titles.

So the coleco brand name super action controller? Does bluemsx already support the standard coleco controller? Where would you buy something to convert the d9 to usb?

After some years without updates, I've found there is now a public beta of BlueMSX v2.8.9 :D

The news in Colecovision support are:

o Support for Opcode Super Game Module.

o Support for Super Game Controller.

o Support for Colecovision Expansion Module #2 using mouse.

http://www.vik.cc/bluemsx/blueforum/viewtopic.php?t=1980

Currently without installer, copy the bluemsx.exe over the older one. If it gives a Windows message you'll need a DirectX end-user runtime.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

have you manage to play sgm game cause i try and i cant find the way to doing it. i can play dragon's lair and super zaxxon but not thexder and king's valley

Edited by chart45

I'm in the same boat. I have selected what appears to be the appropriate "machine" but can't get the game to run.

Were did you find the update to the supported Machnes because neither v2.8.2 or the 2.8.3beta from a couple years ago include the "ColecoVision with Super Expansion Module" machine setting. I saw the thread in the BlueMSX forum for the updates Machines config file and followed the link in that forum thread to another website, but can't find it anywhere?

hope that's not just a tease cause king's valley is a very nice and addictive game i play with one of my friends sgm and i hope so mutch to play again at my home

If you want play King's Valley on a emulator, just use BlueMSX and play the MSX rom file directly. It is the same game.

Ok now i'm using the software BlueMsx 2.8.3 Beta the sgm test is ok for the 24k an soundchip but not the lower 8k is there someone can help me please! here is my config and result:

Thanks!

Just I've tested this new BlueMSX with my SGM test and your result is exactly what I could manage to get. :?

There are several Opcode extensions in "machine edit" but I'm afraid I couldn't find a way to activate the lower 8K banked RAM.

At least Mecha-8 sounds great :)

Just I've tested this new BlueMSX with my SGM test and your result is exactly what I could manage to get. :?

There are several Opcode extensions in "machine edit" but I'm afraid I couldn't find a way to activate the lower 8K banked RAM.

At least Mecha-8 sounds great :)

Doesn't the "lower 8K" correspond to the ColecoVision BIOS? Perhaps Daniel Vik didn't implement the RAM override in blueMSX to reassign the lower 8K to regular RAM...

Doesn't the "lower 8K" correspond to the ColecoVision BIOS? Perhaps Daniel Vik didn't implement the RAM override in blueMSX to reassign the lower 8K to regular RAM...

I've tried to use the Opcode BIOS extension but it didn't allowed me to select the Colecovision BIOS (coleco.rom)

One of the blusMSX developers has suggested that the problem may be that the "machine" should have BOTH the Coleco bios AND the new SGM bios. I'm not sure that this is really the case because normal 32k games run fine with just the "xp" bios that the super expansion machine has been setup with.

I don't think there's an actual BIOS inside the SGM. It's essentially extra RAM, an MSX sound chip and a few components that bind everything together. When a SGM game boots, the CV's BIOS is always active and accessible at first, and it's up to the game software to set the SGM so that the BIOS address range (0000h to 1FFFh) is "reassigned" to 8K of RAM inside the SGM (so that the game has 32K of RAM to work with, instead of just 24K).

EDIT: Without knowing the specifics, I can only assume that blueMSX doesn't react properly when nanochess' test program puts the SGM in 32K RAM mode.

I just talk with mars2000you on bluemsx. Now he know the problem this is beacause he cannot remap memory in BlueMsx cause he tested it with the sgm_test.rom and we explain how the lower 8k works he will do the correction soon. There is no bios in the sgm.

Thanks. Yeah, when I referred to the SGM bios I meant the machine bios included in the "ColecoVision w Super Expansion Module" folder names BIOS_XP.ROM. This file includes the original CV bios plus other stuff.