IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

Now it makes more sense: Candy Cove, where elves go to die.

Ah... Candy Cove... where elves go to eat candy!

I was surprised to find that my 8 year old niece counts the number of candies left untouched every times she finishes a level.

I should have not shown her the perfect levels... I have created a monster!

Candies and perfect scores are big distractors. I keep on reminding my niece that the gist is of the game is to save Xmas and not to eat candies :)

• Like 1

Here are the updated statistics. They include every entry on the last levels per rank, to provide visibility into the most common levels on which people have trouble.

Total Qualified Contestants:    32

Hey Dz... it seems that this year we will probably break the record of participants compared with last year. If I remember well last year there were 37 participants.

There are some new participants after your last count and the Barbarian Invasions of the forum (a.k.a. Snipers Raids) have not started yet...

• Like 1

Hey Dz... it seems that this year we will probably break the record of participants compared with last year. If I remember well last year there were 37 participants.

There are some new participants after your last count and the Barbarian Invasions of the forum (a.k.a. Snipers Raids) have not started yet...

Cool! Last year's leaderboard is still up, and it shows a total of 35 entries, plus 3 honorable mentions. With the achievements, we certainly have lots of submissions in total--370 so far! :o Last year it was a mere 142.

-dZ.

@TrekMD: Welcome! I'm glad you could make it. I was about to post your e-mail entry, so thank you for saving me the trouble. :)

We also have some more entries from the D. Girls:

E-mail Entry: Giana D.

Score: 267

Level: 4

Date: 12/24/2013 23:00

post-27318-0-79846700-1387973262_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Giulia D.

Score: 219

Level: 3

Date: 12/24/2013 23:00

post-27318-0-68543900-1387973279_thumb.jpg

Plus, in a surprising move, their Father Chris D. decided to join in the fun! Along with his high-score, he included a few "perfects" that he got along the way.

E-mail Entry: Chris D.

Score: 955

Level: 11

Date: 12/24/2013 23:44

post-27318-0-58388600-1387973292_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-52579800-1387973301_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-58347300-1387973312_thumb.jpg

And of course, from Joe_M who invited them in the first place and keeps fighting to get a chance to play himself! He also managed to save Christmas, so that's one less house the Evil Snowman will attack today! :)

E-mail Entry: Joe_M

Score: 1,889

Level: 21

Date: 12/25/2013 00:44

post-27318-0-24625800-1387973374_thumb.jpg
post-27318-0-89826300-1387973470_thumb.jpg

Great work, everyone! May you have a wonderful and glorious Day with your friends and family, and may the Spirit of Christmas (but not the Ghost!) bless you with happiness and joy. :)

These are my most sincerest wishes to all of you and your loved ones!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! HO! HO! HO!

post-27318-0-69504500-1387978111_thumb.png

P.S. Leaderboard updated.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

My list of most dangerous caves:

• Candy Cove (I don't even have a tip for that. If something goes wrong, pray for your life. I fear everytime I enter this cavern)
  • Krystal Keep (If something goes wrong,run!!!)
  • Haunted Hollow (Shame on me)
  • Freezer Burn (I almost put this into the easy ones, it's moving towards that direction)

My list of the easy ones:

• Icicle Lane (Did you see my tip? It makes all the difference, you can't die here. ;) )
  • Twisted Toyland (It's a toy! And I'm an Elf! A Grand Master one :P)
  • Frosted Maze (Calm down, look to the snowman and let him go the other side)
  • Snowflake Garden (To have or not to have the garden? That's NOT the question. Seek the side tunnels, there's always an exit On The Left.)
  • Like 3

Sorry, guys, I'm busy preparing our traditional Christmas goose, so I don't have much time to post here. All very good scores!

I also received new entries from Chris D. and Yeliz K., all Elves On Duty working overtime today. :)

I've updated the leaderboard, so check it out.

-dZ.

Good morning and Merry Christmas to everyone!

One year later from last comp. and I´m not getting even close Liduario...Am i too old? ;)

Congrats everyone for their scores!!

This is what I got after some days playing:

Score: 4667

ga4d.png

I´ll keep trying till the deadline! Hoping to improve ;)

Edited by arquillos
  • Like 4