IGNORED

FASTEROIDS - new game

Blue Azure

BAM!BAM!BAM!

BAM!

BAM! BLUE AZURE MONDAY BAM!

BAM!

BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!

I admit one day last week things were at the slow at the Roach Coach meal-on-wheels truck. Yawn. The people all looked the same. The food all looked the same, probably because it was. Who buys that stuff anyways? Then someone pulled out their trusty portable 7800 with the batteries and LCD screen and started playing ASTEROIDS3D. They were happy, whooping it up and so on. "Isn't this great?" the pioneer with the tired and worn out game asked. "NO," I answered emphatically. "No, why not?" the pioneer asked. "Your portable 7800 looks great, but the game is too slow," I replied, yawning.

I went home that night thinking and dreaming of what could be done. I want ASTEROIDS on STEROIDS, and I was dreaming of what the title screen would look like. Something like this was what I was dreaming:

post-34769-0-29813700-1386015279_thumb.jpg

But, no, as soon as I put the filename STEROIDS on my computer, the FBI came knocking down my door, asking "Where's the Steroids?" I told them, "Right here," and popped on my ProSystem Emulator. The FBI agent said, "Oh," and turned and walked out the door. "Hey what about the door you kicked down?" Then I woke up, oh, that was a dream I was having, or more like a nightmare.

The next morning I was asking myself the math question, what is ASTEROIDS + FAST = ??????????

Oh, that's simple:

post-34769-0-72899000-1386015303_thumb.jpg

How FAST is FASTeroids? So FAST it turned the Atari copyright upside-down.

Features:

* Speed-up technology to revive the good ole ASTEROIDS3D.

* Rock Invincibility - no rock, big or small can kill Player 1 or 2.

* Player 2 complete invincibility - the UFOs can do nothing to kill you.

* Player 1 starts with 10 lives instead of the original 3 lives, to ensure you rack up some big scores.

* Random dying when returning from hyperspace has been deleted. I always hated that. So did Andy Rooney.

NTSC FASTEROIDS, binary

FASTEROIDS_2075.bin

NTSC FASTEROIDS, emulator

FASTeroids_16K.a78

PAL FASTEROIDS/PALBIOS, binary (THIS IS NOT AN EXTERNAL CARTRIDGE)

This is the PAL/BIOS with FASTEROIDS installed instead of the original ASTEROIDS3D. Pull your EPROM off the motherboard and replace it with this. The assumption is if the original PALBIOS works on PAL and NTSC, then this PAL version of NTSC must work on PAL. If this sounds like "Chrissy" on 3's company, then I must be doing a good job.

FASTEROIDS_PALBIOS_2FE4.bin

Now all we need is a copy of BLASTEROIDS on the 7800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbmeX64041s

ENJOY ALL,

>>>AZURE>>>

• Like 1

Yes, Blasteroids on 7800!!

Somewhat doable. There's a C64 version. Rip the source code and modify it for the 7800. If done for the XM, the audio could be lifted from the arcade since they both use the YM2151. However, the arcade machine uses both a 68000 and a 6502. The ST version looks like a half-assed attempt while the Amiga version looks and sounds good but definitely not arcade perfect.

Hmmm, interesting input on the proposed BLASTEROIDS78 Mr. LynxPro.

Yes, that must have been BJ at the Roach Coach. No, there's only one prototype I know of, and it's here:

http://benheck.com/06-18-2008/atari-7800-portable

Sorry to disappoint. >>>AZURE>>>

Thanks, Blue. I can provide ideas but certainly not coding, engineering, or soldering expertise. :)

It's OK LynxPro, we just store these ideas away until we have time to do something with them.

We've got another SPACE DUEL swashbuckler game version coming out this coming Monday. We spent a month on the details of this one.

I just have to work out the PAL details and we're good to go. Keep an eye out for this one.

>>>AZURE>>>

It's OK LynxPro, we just store these ideas away until we have time to do something with them.

We've got another SPACE DUEL swashbuckler game version coming out this coming Monday. We spent a month on the details of this one.

I just have to work out the PAL details and we're good to go. Keep an eye out for this one.

>>>AZURE>>>

HSC/XM/Pokey/XBoard support? :)