IGNORED

Atari computer lot

sleftwich

Apparently I am not getting any replies via PM. I took it on good faith for you to contact me in PM and I have sent you a message days ago when the package arrived. Each box has a $2 sticker on it (see pink stickers in the pictures) and came from an Army surplus/Salvation Army type store. I suspect these were just laying on the shelf for $2 each, and you figured you'd make a quick buck. I am not concerned about that, and did not expect the boxed items to work (they don't as expected) but you did say the loose model worked "all the way", and it just displays a black screen. And, I had to reseat the motherboard as the joystick ports were jammed into the unit. Basically, it was a lot of parts at best, but I took the bite for the one "working all the way" computer.

Please make this right. I usually do not deal with people with no feedback and such a low post count, but I decided to take a chance. Please don't make me regret it.

• Like 1

Gotta love it when spuds leave thrift store tags on their "make a quick buck" warez scams. :lol:

My question is, what was really made here? So, $8 spend on some stuff. He made $32 and now potentially looses all credibility here for future sales/trades? That is a very bad trade off. I filed a paypal dispute with the option to refund me. Hopefully he is wise and accepts that option.

I am honestly putting the blame on myself on this one, as I should know better than to deal with an obvious newbie (9 posts, no feedback, no previous transactions) and the "good deal" got the best of me. I am pretty busted and couldn't really afford spending even $40, but I needed this for something. You want to try to give the new person a chance....as how else will they be able to start out. But it bites me in the ass as usual. Even if I lost the money, I reiterated to myself that I just cannot put that kind of trust in people with no credentials. I feel so stupid for biting on this.

• Like 1

I am honestly putting the blame on myself on this one, as I should know better than to deal with an obvious newbie (9 posts, no feedback, no previous transactions) and the "good deal" got the best of me. I am pretty busted and couldn't really afford spending even $40, but I needed this for something. You want to try to give the new person a chance....as how else will they be able to start out. But it bites me in the ass as usual. Even if I lost the money, I reiterated to myself that I just cannot put that kind of trust in people with no credentials. I feel so stupid for biting on this.

I have learned the same hard lesson but IF that is the case here sorry you had to learn it, you've been a great seller here and it burns me to see anyone get screwed. :mad:

My question is, what was really made here? So, $8 spend on some stuff. He made $32 and now potentially looses all credibility here for future sales/trades? That is a very bad trade off. I filed a paypal dispute with the option to refund me. Hopefully he is wise and accepts that option.

Hopefully you get your money back from paypal and we never see this guy again.

I would think what you got for only $40 was a "for parts" price anyway... If you are holding them to sell you 2 boxed and one loose completely working machines for $40 you are in fantasy-land. Yes I know there is shipping costs, and nobody made that money except the shipper. You can't even send all that stuff back for $40 probably, so you can't win.

Edited by R.Cade

I would think what you got for only $40 was a "for parts" price anyway... If you are holding them to sell you 2 boxed and one loose completely working machines for $40 you are in fantasy-land. Yes I know there is shipping costs, and nobody made that money except the shipper. You can't even send all that stuff back for $40 probably, so you can't win.

I paid $65 ($40 plus $25 shipping) and I understand the value of parts. However, as mentioned, it was misrepresented. I understood the boxed items were untested and I did not expect them to work. But the loose system was listed as working "all the way", which I have to interpret as working 100%. Or how would you read that? :)

In any case, it was a bunch of broken stuff and the seller knew it obviously due to the now complete lack of communication. If he were to jump in now and say "sorry, I was away" and "sorry, I didn't know" I would accept that (and a refund of course...maybe minus the shipping or something), but the lack of communication tells me that this was intentional....and that pisses me off.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 3

I figured everyone knew by now that not tested = broken. I always assume it and factor that into the price...

Are you sure the 800 just doesn't have something loose from shipping? Reseat all the cards? Then the chips on motherboard if that doesn't help.

For the original boxes and even for parts, this is still a good deal. You can hardly get any one Atari computer for $40.

Not apologizing for the seller... but as the kids say... "just saying".

Edited by R.Cade

I figured everyone knew by now that not tested = broken. I always assume it and factor that into the price...

Are you sure the 800 just doesn't have something loose from shipping? Reseat all the cards? Then the chips on motherboard if that doesn't help.

For the original boxes and even for parts, this is still a good deal. You can hardly get any one Atari computer for $40.

Not apologizing for the seller... but as the kids say... "just saying".

Please re-read the original sale post. Again, one computer was supposed to be working. I already acknowledged the fact that I realized the boxed items were not tested and assumed not working.

The 800 has nothing loose in shipping. It is probably a bad CPU, bad ROMS, bad trace on the PCB, something. They were all bad and all donated and purchased for two bucks each. If the listing said "all untested, $40" I would have moved on, but I bit because he said one works all the way.

Edited by eightbit

That power supply is a bad sign. It's the model that can fry the motherboard. I'm always wary of any XL or XE models that come with it. I suspect that your 800XL fell victim to it.

Ouch, I was not aware of that. That is not good. The power supply seems to work (red light comes on on the unit) but no screen. Actually, the 600 kind of works, it gets display, but a row of keys on the keyboard do not work, and the memory has failures (red squares) in the memtest. And it is not the keyboard that is the issue because I swapped it with the dead 800's keyboard and the same row of keys do not function. I was surprised to see the 600 even come on (although it has some major issues), but that is not the computer I purchased this lot for....

that sucks dude, when this first popped up I was about to jump all in it but you got there first ... I hesitated cause I thought to myself "dang that is pretty cheap for 3 units" but came around to even if its crap I can fix at least one and part out the others, but you got in by then.

wish you the best of luck