IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 31~ Double Points 1 ~ Solar Fox

Vocelli

And SBAZ is still on the top... :-o

Yep, another flaw in my gaming. When I'm near to achieve something I get too excited and often lose concentration... :-D

Avoiding sentinels when you're going to the edge is the only tip I can think of. I 'dodge' those sentinnels, when they're not there I go for the edge.

Other than that, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm using full speed (diff A) all the time.

• Like 3

I think it's simple. Some of you are just an order of magnitudes faster and more precise than others. All the tips in the world don't help, hehe...

I would say yes and no...

Yes, everyone has his own reflex time and it's hard to improve on this.

And no, there are lots of things that make it easy to react when you're playing a game, those aren't exactly given and you can learn.

In Spider Fighter, a game you said was too fast, there were many strategies (and many were told).

One technic I want to mention for that game, I call the rat technic (or Musashi technic). I use it in many games.

You run from a chasing enemy, briefly stop to fight/fire/punch and run again.

I used that to kill the low enemies which were much faster than me.

In other games, I kinda of create special moves. They become a pattern for the game.

I call special moves after what they use for combos in games as Street Fight.

In this game, I'm fast to pick 4 dots in a square form. I loop through them as if I was making a special move in a fighter game.

So, when the opportunity arises, I make that move!

Braking your moves in smaller and known movements, make you much faster and precise compared to what you would do if you had to 'think' in every turn.

Often, I find it hard to give those tips because their natural to me. I'm always finding these things in games. I guess I've played too much in my life... :)

• Like 2

wow nice one Lid I thought you'd surpassed me for a second!

I'm shivering in my boots over here and 200 miles away from my Atari adapter. I brought my Atari & Solar Fox with me to visit family for holidays, then had the joy of seeing the RCA-Coax missing! I tried a few times on Stella on my bro's computer but the keyboard control is rough... Like MrVCS I don't care for emulation but I'll use it if I have to to keep up.

Too bad I dont have Gyruss & it is a game near the top of my wish-list as well

• Like 1

• 11 months later...