IGNORED

Looking for dumps or images...

TXG/MNX

Hi,

Does somebody know if there are dumps of the following items for download or will they be sold or released.

Jaguar CD Test CD

Alien Vs. Predator (pre-release demo)

Arena Football

Brett Hull Hockey Cart

Brett Hull Hockey CD

Phase Zero

Slam Racer

Thea Realm Fighters

Total Carnage

Zero 5 (pre-release demo)

Would be very interesting, e-mail me private when needed.

TXG/MNX

Jaguar CD Test CD

There's no way to dump and reproduce one of these Test CD's. The test CD contains several precisely placed error inducing marks on the CD surface. Couple are the shape of a square each of a different size to simulate temporary data drops due to something on the surface of the CD. Another is a wedge shape object that causes increasing lengths of data drops as the CD rotates around to that position each time.

Unless you happen to know someone who works for Philips who may still have the CD master, I don't see any way of reproducing such a thing.

Glenn

Jaguar CD Test CD

There's no way to dump and reproduce one of these Test CD's. The test CD contains several precisely placed error inducing marks on the CD surface. Couple are the shape of a square each of a different size to simulate temporary data drops due to something on the surface of the CD. Another is a wedge shape object that causes increasing lengths of data drops as the CD rotates around to that position each time.

Unless you happen to know someone who works for Philips who may still have the CD master, I don't see any way of reproducing such a thing.

Glenn

Hmm when you can dig and find me a name from some people at Philips who worked at it, I can try to contact them. I have worked temporary at Philips Display components and Semi-conductors... maybe I can use some old contacts there... 8)

Jaguar CD Test CD

Glenn

Hmm when you can dig and find me a name from some people at Philips who worked at it, I can try to contact them. I have worked temporary at Philips Display components and Semi-conductors... maybe I can use some old contacts there... 8)

That part of Philips doesn't seem to be around anymore. It was their Laser Magnetic Storage (LMS) division in Colorado Springs. It has been sold off to some other company as far as I could tell. I tried contacting the engineer who worked on the latch problem. They had to re-engineer the CD latch mechanism. Very interesting paper where the engineer uses some calculus and physics to describe the forces applied on the latch to open the CD cover and how to solve the problem they were having with it.

I also have some papers on the testing they did with it where they were dropping a 1lb (or heavier) steel ball on a work surface at various points around a Jaguar with a CD unit. They were ensuring that the CD latch wasn't opening on its own. Philips put a lot of effort to make sure the CD unit was a quality made product.

They also had various designs of internal packaging ideas for the CD unit.

And I think SCI in Thailand was the company hired to do circuit board assembly the CD unit for Philips.

Jaguar controllers were also made in Colorado Springs. The local electronic surplus store had bought some on a parts trade. I bought two recently when I was back there. One of the controllers had a defective pin (pin was too wide) and the other has a defective joypad. But at least I can use them for parts and experiments.

Glenn

Jaguar CD Test CD

Glenn

I thought that was what the thing was for, considering the fact that it's UNDER the printing. When I firsat saw it I thought it was a scratch!

That's cool to get confirmation of the suspicions I had about that mark.

Hi,

Does somebody know if there are dumps of the following items for download or will they be sold or released.

Jaguar CD Test CD

Alien Vs. Predator (pre-release demo)    

Arena Football

Brett Hull Hockey Cart                  

Brett Hull Hockey CD

Phase Zero                              

Slam Racer                            

Thea Realm Fighters

Total Carnage                            

Zero 5 (pre-release demo)                

Would be very interesting, e-mail me private when needed.

TXG/MNX

Everything you have listed above is in possession of one or more Jaguar collectors, however you're going to have a hard time convincing them to give you copies of the ROMS or CD's. What are you planning to do with them should someone give them up? It would be great to see all of these released to the Jaguar community.....

Jason

There are some games that should not be circulated, without permission from the current owners, or you may jeopardize a fan's possibilities of obtaining source code for a future release.

Hmm maybe, when someone can release it when source code is available it's ok. But when the proto's are the only copies around I think people should see what could have been done on a Jaguar. Like caves of Fear. I like it. I even would pay for a copy of a proto and keep it for myself. But the nice thing would be to see them so people like me can show them on Atari-meetings overhere in Europe and ofcourse see them myself.

Right now these things can only be seen in the US at some meetings I think....

Sharing info / proto's / files or other things will keep the Jaguar alive. I have seen the samething on the Atari 8-bit platform and it's still alive and kicking....

Everything you have listed above is in possession of one or more Jaguar collectors, however you're going to have a hard time convincing them to give you copies of the ROMS or CD's.  What are you planning to do with them should someone give them up?  It would be great to see all of these released to the Jaguar community.....

Jason

Well, I think I want all these protos, too :D Why? Because are Jaguar games :)

It would be great if someone could release all of it.

Everything you have listed above is in possession of one or more Jaguar collectors, however you're going to have a hard time convincing them to give you copies of the ROMS or CD's.  What are you planning to do with them should someone give them up?  It would be great to see all of these released to the Jaguar community.....

Jason

Well, I think I want all these protos, too :D Why? Because are Jaguar games :)

Alright let's start searching for proto's.... Is there someone who can tell us a starting point.... :D

Well, I think I want all these protos, too  :D  Why? Because are Jaguar games  :)  

Alright let's start searching for proto's.... Is there someone who can tell us a starting point.... :D

Yes, TXG, but we are in Europe, it's harder for us :)

The game I have on the list above has been played at many different events. I'm just saying that the code for that game had better not be distributed beyond the two people, I know of, who have a binary or rom of the game. Source Code was promised to me (for two games) and is still being persued.

I just purchased my first home! Once I'm situated, and have a better understanding of my new financial standing, a lawyer will be asked to look into the matter, with an archive of e-mails to back me up. 8)

In searching for prototypes, I would suggest contacting companies known to be working on games for the Jaguar, if they can still be contacted. :ponder: Well, that's what I did anyway. Happy hunting!

The game I have on the list above has been played at many different events. I'm just saying that the code for that game had better not be distributed beyond the two people, I know of, who have a binary or rom of the game. Source Code was promised to me (for two games) and is still being persued.

I just purchased my first home! Once I'm situated, and have a better understanding of my new financial standing, a lawyer will be asked to look into the matter, with an archive of e-mails to back me up.  8)  

In searching for prototypes, I would suggest contacting companies known to be working on games for the Jaguar, if they can still be contacted.  :ponder: Well, that's what I did anyway. Happy hunting!

Hey Jason,

I know you've posted before what the 2 games you were supposed to get source code for, but I of course have forgotten. What are they? It would be awesome if you could get those out to all of us, published nicely with manual and box. :) Congrats on your first home!

Jason

Whew.... how many lost/unreleased Jag titles are out there....

I think there's more than we know. Just recently "American Hero" has been found. It's similar to Caves of Fear but is X-rated.... Keep your eyes peeled for that one being available soon.

Jason

Hmm liked caves of fear already the video quality was good... hmm when I ever can movies to work on the JAG.... then I have some great ideas with it...

Who is gonna release AMERICAN HERO?

Whew.... how many lost/unreleased Jag titles are out there....

I think there's more than we know. Just recently "American Hero" has been found. It's similar to Caves of Fear but is X-rated.... Keep your eyes peeled for that one being available soon.

Jason

Hmm liked caves of fear already the video quality was good... hmm when I ever can movies to work on the JAG.... then I have some great ideas with it...

Who is gonna release AMERICAN HERO?

I've been selling copies of the American Hero to people. I've included it for people who I either repaired their Flash cart for them or provided them a new GAL chip for their Flash cart.

It's about $10 + shipping for a CDR copy, jewel case and color printed jewel case inserts.

But like Jay said, it's NC-17 rated game. So no minors!

Glenn

glenn.bruner@verizon.net