IGNORED

Contra 3 or Contra 4

Robot2600

Contra: Hard Corps on the Genesis beats them both. ;)

If I had to pick between the two though, I'd go with Contra 3. The dual screen gameplay is irritating to me in 4, it just never feels right for me to have that chunk of plastic between screens. I can't very well process both screens as a single one that way and tend to miss what's going on on the other one.

Game's too damned tough! lol

Contra III for SNES is my favorite Contra of all time. Difficulty is perfect and the level designs are close to it. Outstanding music as well. Break out the a/v cables and crank it up!

Contra III is just as tough, IMO. The first two stages aren't that hard, and then the third stage is practically impossible.

Personally I'd take Hard Corps over either. But Contra 4 is better than 3 in my book. There's something about Part 3 that kept me from really taking to it. I should devote more time to it any actually complete it for once (which I have yet to do, whereas with Hard Corps and Contra 4, I have finished them countless times). Maybe my opinion would change after that.

I really didn't care for either but I guess I disliked 4 a bit less than 3. Tough call, though.

I dunno, maybe I'd rather see a low quality tribute band than a past-his-prime rock star muffin-topping over his leather pants.

I liked Super C a lot, though. My hands still have that game memorized.

Edited by Reaperman

I still can't decide. I'm pretty good at 3, but I suck at 4. I think my DS's d-pad is kinda messed up it never did diagonals easily, but anyway its just hard as hell. I can barely beat the first stage in 4, but I like the idea of playing a difficult platformer on my DS lite.

Get a flash cart and you can play the NES, SNES and Genesis Contras vier emulation on your DS. :)