IGNORED

Working on a Power Supply replacement solution.

Yurkie

I am sickened by the amount of bad power supplies and the fact that repairing them doesn't seem a viable solution.

I am in early beta testing for a super reliable and clean looking mod as a replacement for the original power supply. All new parts are being used.

Power will be supplied to the original jack so that the Roller Controller can be connected and powered.

This will be a "send in your console for the mod offer" and I am looking at a price of about $49 + return shipping.

I am not ready to share details, but I am moving forward quickly with this and hope to be offering this before the end of the year.

If your interested feel free to post.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I'm making one from a Mini-ITX power supply. for the -5v, I'm using a 7905, on the Power Supplies -12V line. AFAIK, the schematics also used a 7905 for the -5V line so as long as the -12V on the mini-itx puts out enough current, it should be ok.

Bulk of the circuits are +5V with inductive loads on 12+ and RF circuit.

I do question the +12v though, maybe I'll stuff a 7812 in it too for the RF circuits to use.

Oh yeah, also mounting this all inside the ADAM enclosure and using a 19v notebook adapter. And mounting a 4TDT switch inside to switch between this setup and the original Printer Supply.

I'm making one from a Mini-ITX power supply. for the -5v, I'm using a 7905, on the Power Supplies -12V line. AFAIK, the schematics also used a 7905 for the -5V line so as long as the -12V on the mini-itx puts out enough current, it should be ok.

Bulk of the circuits are +5V with inductive loads on 12+ and RF circuit.

I do question the +12v though, maybe I'll stuff a 7812 in it too for the RF circuits to use.

Oh yeah, also mounting this all inside the ADAM enclosure and using a 19v notebook adapter. And mounting a 4TDT switch inside to switch between this setup and the original Printer Supply.

That's what I was planning. Does anything other than RAM require -5v on the beast?