IGNORED

PC question:Is there anyway for me to do this?

xDragonWarrior

So I wanna play classic games on my PC because they are very fun to play(Doom,Quake,Castle Wolfenstein,Age Of Empires,Carmen Sandiego,The Amazon Trail etc) but it isn't as efficient as a console.With a console you just turn on a play while with a PC you gotta turn it on, find the game load the game etc and no operating system IMO looks good and works for just playing games(for everything else its fine but for games it's not).looking for your downloaded games on Windows 7 or XP is kinda bland while looking for your downloaded games on the Wii/Wiiu/PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox 1 feels and looks better as it's user interface fits gaming perfectly IMO.So i am asking you guys, is there any program that has a console like user interface and boots up automatically when I turn the computer on comes up(Like how Mame cabinets boot up Mame) so I can get the ease of gaming just like consoles.The On Live console has the perfect user interface that would fit me but it does not have classic games.If there is no solution I guess I will go the regular way.

• Like 1

It is a nice website but most importantly it does not have Doom or any other of the classic games I would like to play,it mostly has newer games and it's an online website(I want to play the games as quick as possible and not have to go to a website to play them).Thanks anyway.

Edited by xDragonWarrior

It is a nice website but most importantly it does not have Doom or any other of the classic games I would like to play,it mostly has newer games and it's an online website(I want to play the games as quick as possible and not have to go to a website to play them).Thanks anyway.

Just to clarify they are DRM free versions of games (including many classics) you pay and download them for play on your own PC, it is not a online website at least not as you describe, you do not go to the site to play the games. While they may not have the ones you listed they have many classic games, I have purchased many and play them on several computers.

• Like 1

So many people just don't "get" GOG its puzzling.

Its probably the best online "retailer" of older games just short of actually getting physical copies. Digitally you get all the manuals all the boxes and all the patches and other swag and on top of that you can RETURN the stuff if you dont like the game.

No excuses man....go there and buy some games. NOW!

;)

• Like 4

You want something like Hyperspin.

EXACTLY,all I want is a interface that is easy to use.capcom%20default_419.jpg

This with instead of arcade games PC games.GOG is fine but (1),all my favorite PC games are already on my PC's hard drive so it would make no since to buy them over again and (2),Even if I did have to buy some games from GOG, I still would not have the User Interface that I want.

Oh yeah, there are DOSBOX GUIs out there. I haven't used any of them, but LaunchBox looks decent.

LaunchBox-ScreenShot-3.jpg

Thanks Rex, this is just what I was looking for(GOG is fine but it does not have any of the games that I looked up plus I already have the games on my hard drive). Like I said before,I like consoles a little more because you can just turn it on and play and graphics don't really matter to me .So since there are so many great games that are not found on consoles(and games that are found on consoles but have mods for instance the mods in GTA4 which makes the game much more enjoyable),I wanted to have that experience while also having the consoles "turn on and play" aspect and not be limited to a chair to game in(as a couch is much more comfortable).Am I wrong for wanting the best of both worlds?.I mean who wouldn't want to be able to play PC games instantly on a couch on a flat screen TV?

Edited by xDragonWarrior

DOSBox GUI...

So... Windows 3.1 Box???

I think he is looking for something that collects all of his games and lists them himself without having to do as much overhead. I get that. Right now my desktop consists of Steam, Origin, and a few stray games. I only have a couple titles from GOG installed right now but my current system has been running Icewind Dale 2 really well so I might load up on the rest of the Infinity Engine titles since I haven't played them in a few years. My last couple of graphics cards were disagreeable with them. It's gonna make a mess of my desktop though. I hate a cluttered desktop.

Wish Windows had an app launcher like OS X.

I used to have a folder linked on my desktop with all my ROMs that I had spent a lot of time organizing and sorting. Still not as easy as turn on, select from list, go but eh, it's a PC. I guess I've just gotten used to taking an extra step or two.

I mean who wouldn't want to be able to play PC games instantly on a couch on a flat screen TV?

Amen! I just do that without additional software. Xbox 360 gamepad and a VGA w/ Stereo cable is all I need.

Wish Windows had an app launcher like OS X.

It does have the built-in search in the Start Menu, if you're referring to Spotlight in OS X. There's also Find & Run Robot, a third-party (but free) tool.

• Like 1

I mean who wouldn't want to be able to play PC games instantly on a couch on a flat screen TV?

Amen! I just do that without additional software. Xbox 360 gamepad and a VGA w/ Stereo cable is all I need.

I use a 50 foot HDMI cable....a dinner tray to hold a wireless keyboard\mouse and I use wireless Xbox 360 game pads for 1 or 2 players.

• Like 2