Sign in to follow this  
boxpressed

Imagic White Tray Titles

What's the story behind these white trays? I think I remember someone discussing them in another thread. I have one, the later-revision Demon Attack (winged demons). Maybe they were a cost-cutting move. Any other titles have them?

post-30018-0-98549100-1386803499_thumb.jpg

I either have or have seen this for Beauty and the Beast and Atlantis. Grats on finding a Demon Attack! Not sure if there are others. I'll have to add a note to the Demon Attack page.

I'm pretty sure I have an Imagic game with a white tray... Will check which one...

It's possible Imagic received a batch of plastic for the trays in the wrong colour by accident, or black was temporarily unavailable.

- J

IIRC these seem to be in later 'print runs' of the games. I.e. they've been found in games with later manual revs. Since this is the case, and these trays also lack cardboard backing, my hunch is that it was a cost cutting measure.

I recently got a white tray with a Beauty & The Beast game that came as part of a larger lot. Originally when I was looking at the photo on eBay, I thought someone had frankenstein'ed the game with some other console's tray (wouldn't be the first time). However, when it arrived, it clearly was an Intellivision tray.

I also have a Beauty & The Beast with a white tray. I just got it in a large lot recently. Prior to this thread I didn't know white trays existed.

I also have a Beauty & The Beast with a white tray. I just got it in a large lot recently. Prior to this thread I didn't know white trays existed.

What?! You haven't read every single word of every single page at my website? I'm at a loss for words!

<the horror.... the horror>

;)

What?! You haven't read every single word of every single page at my website? I'm at a loss for words!

<the horror.... the horror>

;)

Actually I have, :) I just must have forgot. Mrs_intv tells me all the time that my memory is going for $h!7 ;)