IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

We don't have one of these yet, so...

Managed to snag a PS4 and a copy of Need for Speed: Rivals from work. Didn't think I'd get one of these until next year so it's been a nice little early Christmas present. NFS is grand so far but I'm still comparing every open world racer to Test Drive Unlimited and I've yet to play a game that surpassed that.

Unenthused about the graphics but digging the console more than my phat PS3. Seems to just work better to me. The controller is awesomesauce.

• Like 1

Finished Contrast and have gone back to the PS3 for a bit. I had never played Borderlands 2 before so I've been giving it a whirl thanks to PS+. It's a shame so many PS4 launch games got delayed.

I not a hard core driving game fan, but Drive Club seems like it might be worth playing. The IGN preview made it seem like a Gran Turismo killer. The only thing that might kill it are the microtransactions. Charging for cars and tracks might work if the game is otherwise free, but not if it's still a $60 title.

Then again, developers have gotten really greedy lately. I wouldn't put it past Polyphony to put out a vehicle damage DLC for GT6 which charged you real money for repairs and maintenance.

Finished Knack yesterday. It's back to the vita for me for now. My son has Rayman Legends and Super Mario 3d World coming for Christmas. All of that should get me through until the next wave of PS4 games hit. I had heard that Tomb Raider was coming in late January to the PS4. I never got around to getting it on the PS3. That should be perfect timing for me to finish some backlogged games.

Edited by GKC

I came "this close" to buying a PS4 when Amazon had them available yesterday, but decided to hold off until there are more games available for it that my wife and I want to play. Besides, I can console myself that perhaps some little kid will be able to open a PS4 on Christmas because I didn't grab one when I could.

At this point, I'm pretty sure we'd want to play Lego Marvel Superheroes, Flower, and Resogun.

Is Knack a good two-player coop game? It seems like it might be, but so many reviews have said it's no good that I'm not sure it would be worth the price.

I'm mildly interested in Drive Club. Been playing a bit more of Need for Speed and while it is a great racer, it definitely doesn't fill the void in my life that has existed since TDU was taken offline. The beauty of TDU's open world was that taking a leisurely Sunday drive in my tricked out camero was actually fun. In NFS, Burnout Paradise, and others I've played it feels like a tedious replacement for menus. Gotta hear more about Drive Club before I decide if its a keeper though. I like racing games but I usually only buy one or two. For last gen it was TDU and Burnout Revenge, none of the others I played approached the fun factor of those two games.

@Ransom Lack of titles is definitely an issue right now. I wasn't planning to buy one myself but jumped on it because we got a shipment in to my store and I had the bones to lay out for one. I might pick up Black Flag or Killzone with my next check just to mix things up but I'm really more of an RPG guy and these action games and FPSes don't last me very long so sixty bones feels like a lot of money to me.

Played a bunch of NFS:R, but it's starting to get a bit old. Can be a lot of extra fun if you can manage to sync up with friends, which is a terrible hassle. Played tons of Resogun which is a great game, oddly been playing lots of Warframe lately.

I've got NFS:R, CoD Ghosts (free), Killzone, BF4 (free) and Assassins Creed IV. Played some of the three shooters except for Killzone, I want to play AC4 but I have this little voice telling me to finish AC3 first...

• Like 1

/Same here. We'll probably wait until Diablo 3 comes out for the PS4 before buying a console. That's really what's driving our purchase.

Diablo III is worth it when playing Co-Op. Me and my wife ran through it twice. Knack I can't recommend at that price tag, if it was 20 bucks or something then it could be worth it since co-op games are so few.

I'm not the biggest fan of the third Diablo but since my wife likes to play it with me it's worth having. I'm not sure if I will double dip for the PS4 version although it's tempting since I know the visuals might be slightly better and it will include the expansion pack.

• Like 1

Currently playing:

Killzone...just not sure I really like this one. It's a *good* game. Pretty to look at and all, but I'm just not having that much fun with it. I may not finish it.

Need for Speed Rivals: Loving this one.

COD: Ghosts: I've always loved the COD multiplayer and always buy the newest COD just for that.

Resogun: Maybe my favorite PS4 game. Lots of arcade style action and great graphics. Lots of fun for $15 (or free if you're a PSN subscriber).

Tried out Contrast. Weird and a bit graphically crappy and in some spots cool. I don't know if I like this or not...seems a bit boring.

Downloaded Pinball Arcade, doesn't look much better than the PS3 version and they are charging half the price for tables you already own on PS3.

Come on Farsight........................

Finished Flower and played a little Flow as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded up Assassins Creed Black Flag and was very surprised to see that ubiSoft is still using the "Online Pass" crap. You have to enter a one time use code not only for online but to "get the full single player experience".

Other recent ubiSoft titles I have.... Rayman, Zombie U, etc.... are on Wii U and there aren't any online pass requirements involved in any of them, so seeing it on PS4 really surprised me.

I thought I had read that EA and others had done away with the online pass system?

I thought I had read that EA and others had done away with the online pass system?

I thought so too and I entered mine in and all it does is give you access to an online profile which is pretty much useless. It also links up with your Uplay account...another useless thing. I probably would say its completely useless unless your into multiplayer and really want to do the minigame.

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/10/31/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-minigame-requires-online-pass-code#.UsGN_vRDtj4

Sometimes they give you bonus stuff for doing it like Capcom. I linked up my Resident Evil games to Resident Evil.net and they end up giving you codes for multiplayer equipment like weapons or maps.

Presonally I cant stand it but as long as it doesnt affect the main story I'll live with it (or without it).

Resogun....have you played it yet? ;)

It's not for everyone but I was a Defender freak back in the day and it's right up my alley.

Edited by cimerians

Not to derail things already but I've had to make so many different "accounts" over the years to register this game or that, I can barely remember them all. I actually have TWO Origin accounts because of this and there is no way to link them.

I actually discovered this while playing Need For Speed. It wouldn't let me link to my account because the PS4 had already linked to some other account that was using an old email address I closed during the PSN hacking deal

I thought so too and I entered mine in and all it does is give you access to an online profile which is pretty much useless. It also links up with your Uplay account...another useless thing. I probably would say its completely useless unless your into multiplayer and really want to do the minigame.

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/10/31/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-minigame-requires-online-pass-code#.UsGN_vRDtj4

Sometimes they give you bonus stuff for doing it like Capcom. I linked up my Resident Evil games to Resident Evil.net and they end up giving you codes for multiplayer equipment like weapons or maps.

Presonally I cant stand it but as long as it doesnt affect the main story I'll live with it (or without it).

Resogun....have you played it yet? ;)

It's not for everyone but I was a Defender freak back in the day and it's right up my alley.

Like I said, it just surprised me to see I had to enter a code to get the "full single player experience" (still not sure what I'd be missing if I didn't enter the code) and for multiplayer. I thought just about every company had done away with online passes, but maybe not. Oh well.

And I only used Uplay once before... and it was a totally optional download app on Wii U.... and that was on Zombie U. All it did for that game was give you a couple decorations, like skins for your bat or a different set of clothes, for accomplishing challenges within the game. Very underwhelming, at least for me.

I tried Resogun a couple times. Fun game but with only 5 levels, I don't find a lot of reason to go back to it much... mainly a diversion.

I'm still wondering what PS4 titles will be appearing in the PS Store and when. I'm also wondering how my PS+ membership will work as far as monthly free games.

I'm also wondering how my PS+ membership will work as far as monthly free games.

They show up every tuesday in the PS Plus section of the store. Just download them whenever you see them or just check them out but skip downloading so you can get to them at a later time without filling up your drive. Same goes for the Vita, just check out but cancel the download and you'll have that game in your download list from then on.

As far as PS4 stuff I think Resogun, Contrast and Warframe are the only free games this past month or two. Flower and Flow are free if you owned them on PS3. Zen Pinball (PinballFX) is also free if you owned tables on the PS3. Pinball Arcade charges for all your tables to transfer over but they are half off.

I hope PS plus starts picking up soon on the PS4 though its been a while.

Slim pickings...reminds me of the Wii U launch. I waited a bit for the Wii U but I'm glad I got it. Just takes time.

I have been.playing Need For Speed and Battlefield. Battlefield is buggy mess sometimes. No sound or half the scenery is missing. Starting to get tired of restarting the game to fix it.

Need for Speed is the best game out for ps4 in my opinion. Just wish it supported my Logitech wheel.

Like I said, it just surprised me to see I had to enter a code to get the "full single player experience" (still not sure what I'd be missing if I didn't enter the code) and for multiplayer. I thought just about every company had done away with online passes, but maybe not. Oh well.

And I only used Uplay once before... and it was a totally optional download app on Wii U.... and that was on Zombie U. All it did for that game was give you a couple decorations, like skins for your bat or a different set of clothes, for accomplishing challenges within the game. Very underwhelming, at least for me.

I tried Resogun a couple times. Fun game but with only 5 levels, I don't find a lot of reason to go back to it much... mainly a diversion.

I'm still wondering what PS4 titles will be appearing in the PS Store and when. I'm also wondering how my PS+ membership will work as far as monthly free games.

Resogun is all about replay for scores. Have you completed the game on all difficulties? It's a completely different and much much rewarding experience when you "get it" and become able to use the skills for great justice. Also, new ships, levels and game modes arriving as DLC in future. Technically the best ps4 game so far by a long way I'd say (not surprising the engine was created by an ex-Atari demo scener!). Sadly I haven't given it enough time so far because it tends to get the adrenalin rushing a bit too much for pre-bedtime playing :lolblue:

They show up every tuesday in the PS Plus section of the store. Just download them whenever you see them or just check them out but skip downloading so you can get to them at a later time without filling up your drive. Same goes for the Vita, just check out but cancel the download and you'll have that game in your download list from then on.

As far as PS4 stuff I think Resogun, Contrast and Warframe are the only free games this past month or two. Flower and Flow are free if you owned them on PS3. Zen Pinball (PinballFX) is also free if you owned tables on the PS3. Pinball Arcade charges for all your tables to transfer over but they are half off.

I hope PS plus starts picking up soon on the PS4 though its been a while.

Slim pickings...reminds me of the Wii U launch. I waited a bit for the Wii U but I'm glad I got it. Just takes time.

Always the same at launch, but if you're like me you've still got a huge ps3 ps+ backlog to fall back on.

Warframe is FTP, same as DCUO, War Thunder and Blacklight Retribution.

SoundShapes as a PSN title worth mentioning, it's yours if you bought either the Vita or ps3 version.

--

I've been playing lots (and lots and lots) for AC4. Completed to 100% sync and all trophies bar 2 multiplayer (kind of a bit meh about tbh, multiplayer has never appealed full stop and the only other time I bothered on any game was Brotherhood). Last time I went for 100% and all trophies with AC was the 2nd game, so that kind of reflects how much I'm enjoying this one.

Played Knack through 2.5 times, currently searching diamond crystals to complete the best Knack, once I have those I'll go for the ultra punishing controller-throwing difficulty :lol: I could forgive the game it's obvious flaws on the first playthrough, but after the 2nd it became harder to do so, despite how much easier it became with all the gadgets. I'm sure I'll enjoy the 2 unlocked game modes once Diamond Knack is available.

NFS Rivals was interesting at first when I was playing with remowilliams (before he became a warframe junkie) but not really wanted to go back since, can't really say why (maybe because I'm desperate for some Driveclub!) Lego Marvel is something fun to play with my wife, but it's not quite as much fun as old favourites Indy II and Batman for her.Contrast isn't for everyone and it's both charming and technically wonky in equal measure. Doki Doki Universe is a good change of pace from anything else I have. Finally, Killzone is Killzone. Came with the pack I bought. Will play through the campaign but no more, only when everything else is exhausted. My mate worked on 2 and 3 and I played them because of that, but FPS is just not my bag.

but if you're like me you've still got a huge ps3 ps+ backlog to fall back on.

--

I've been playing lots (and lots and lots) for AC4. Completed to 100% sync and all trophies bar 2 multiplayer (kind of a bit meh about tbh, multiplayer has never appealed full stop and the only other time I bothered on any game was Brotherhood). Last time I went for 100% and all trophies with AC was the 2nd game, so that kind of reflects how much I'm enjoying this one.

Played Knack through 2.5 times, currently searching diamond crystals to complete the best Knack, once I have those I'll go for the ultra punishing controller-throwing difficulty :lol: I could forgive the game it's obvious flaws on the first playthrough, but after the 2nd it became harder to do so, despite how much easier it became with all the gadgets. I'm sure I'll enjoy the 2 unlocked game modes once Diamond Knack is available.

Yup..I got a huge backlog. I signed up for PSplus when it was first out years back and its piled on the gigs of games.

I haven't got back to AC4 but I will, I just need to prioritize gaming and what comes next. I skipped AC3 and figure this will be the next in the series to get into and I played a small part of it in the beginning but I need to go back.

I beat Knack once and got the Vampire and Brittle Knacks. I also have the Knack app on Android (its a match three game) and it will unlock items for you in the game so I used that to get quick relics etc.