IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Thanks for the comments about Thief, Cimerians; much appreciated! I think I'll wait for it to hit the $20 price bin.

I haven't been playing the PS4 much at all as I've been so wrapped up in games on other systems (Xcomm, Far Cry Classic, Mario 3D World, Castle Storm Wii U, Walking Dead Vita). Maybe that will change when inFamous and a couple other titles are released. I'm not knocking the PS4 but I'm just having a very difficult time finding something I want to play on it.

Thanks for the comments about Thief, Cimerians; much appreciated! I think I'll wait for it to hit the $20 price bin.

I haven't been playing the PS4 much at all as I've been so wrapped up in games on other systems (Xcomm, Far Cry Classic, Mario 3D World, Castle Storm Wii U, Walking Dead Vita). Maybe that will change when inFamous and a couple other titles are released. I'm not knocking the PS4 but I'm just having a very difficult time finding something I want to play on it.

Yup me too...this weekend I set aside time to get through some PS4 stuff. I finished Thief last week and then finally beat Resogun and will put that away for a while. I also continued Assassins Creed IV and Lego Marvel (yes, a Lego game!) :P

On the side I'm playing Dragons Dogma on 360 for the umpteenth time and Bravely Degault on 3DS. Somewhere in there we are also doing co-op New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

Infamous is an overlooked series I think. I had a lot of fun with the first two games.

Edited by cimerians

• 4 weeks later...

My wife got Rayman and she's been playing the heck out of it.

I still haven't found anything on the PS4 that's worth my time, despite buying several titles.

This

Got a PS4 as a gift, have yet to buy and keep a game for it because nothing is worth its current value. Since getting the ps4 I've gotten a SMS and 2600, both individually have more playtime on them then the PS4

Edited by Gredler

paper trail for infamous is great fun and just at a level above blindly obvious from time to time to keep me busy while my son has a nap on a Sunday. 3 down, 3 to go, looking forward to the next one next weekend and hoping the paper power will be the reward for completing all 6 :D

paper trail for infamous is great fun and just at a level above blindly obvious from time to time to keep me busy while my son has a nap on a Sunday. 3 down, 3 to go, looking forward to the next one next weekend and hoping the paper power will be the reward for completing all 6 :D

Second Son? I might be getting that next week....In fact I'm finishing up a playthrough of Infamous 2 right now to get ready for it. I know it has nothing to do with the 3rd game but still. :P

These games are a bit under-rated in my opinion. Lots of superhero fun.

Currently playing: Mercenary Kings.

Second Son? I might be getting that next week....In fact I'm finishing up a playthrough of Infamous 2 right now to get ready for it. I know it has nothing to do with the 3rd game but still. :P

These games are a bit under-rated in my opinion. Lots of superhero fun.

Currently playing: Mercenary Kings.

I hope you're not all infamoused out by the time you get it :)

I loved the first two games (I think one came with plus and one was a "sorry" after the hack), even did all the trophies bar one on the first but never quite got around to even finishing off the bad playthrough after the good on for the second game. Also didn't get the stand-alone DLC for the 2nd (in fact don't even recall hearing about it until it was mentioned recently before SS came out).

There's a patch coming to SS soon that adds an option to lock at 30fps for those who don't like unlocked frame rates and the ability to change the time of day once you've finished the story instead of being stuck in just one time of day. Oh and turn off the HUD if you like taking screen shots :D

I finished the campaign for Dead Nation this week. For a free game, it was a ton of fun and kept me engaged throughout. I will now work my way through the arcade mode. Aside from that, I re-started Fallout 3 on the PS3...I am just waiting for a decent title to come out for the PS4. Thief was boring as heck...what a disappointment.

I finished the campaign for Dead Nation this week. For a free game, it was a ton of fun and kept me engaged throughout. I will now work my way through the arcade mode. Aside from that, I re-started Fallout 3 on the PS3...I am just waiting for a decent title to come out for the PS4. Thief was boring as heck...what a disappointment.

I forced myself to finish Thief cause I paid for it. Thumbs down on that one.

I almost beat Dead Nation on PS3 but stopped once I found out it was being released on PS4. I haven't gotten to it yet. Great game especially co-op.

Did you play the PS3 version to compare?

I hope you're not all infamoused out by the time you get it :)

I know what you mean but I think I'll be fine...I've been playing it in short periods and I know the PS4 version looks and plays a lot better. Cant wait to see the improvements. I also am hoping it will go on sale but my bday is coming up and I asked for that game specifically as a gift. :P

Did you play the PS3 version to compare?

No. I didn't even know it was on the PS3.

I paid for Thief as well....I haven't finished it, as I figured my time is better spent on things I actually enjoy! :grin:

• Like 1

MLB the Show (May 6th) is the reason I got the PS4. Anything/everything else is icing on the cake.

I still enjoy Need for Speed Rivals, and Resogun is excellent (need to play more). I have yet to start Tomb Raider (never played it on previous generation) and am sure I'll enjoy that. Maybe Spidey 2 will be good? Slim pickings, but my gaming "to do" list is so long already, it doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by DoctorTom
  • Like 1

Finished Lego Marvel and also bought a game called King Oddball, probably not worth 7 bucks for some folks but once I finished 2 maps I could not stop playing it.

Also I'm making progress on Second Son. Graphics are really good, gameplay so much better than the first two games. :thumbsup:

Hey all... lost my old account on here so I'm starting fresh again with a similar name on here. Anyway, I just bought a PS4 and have yet to open it up. Anyway, I need some ideas as to what game to get as I never did get in on the PS3. My last gen of gaming was a bit of Wii and some limited 360 (limited to basically Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas... man I love those games!!) so I missed out on a ton of games.

After reading... I'm leaning towards Infamous and Resogun. Those seem to getting decent reviews... and I saw the Pinball game at the store a month or so ago and I love pinball... seems like a must buy for me! Can you compete online (leaderboards or something) with the Pinball games?

I'll crack open the PS4 tomorrow and get things rolling... perhaps I'll have a game by then... if not, I'll buy something online. I love getting a new system... now I'll be able to play Fallout 4 whenever it comes out. :)

Hey all... lost my old account on here so I'm starting fresh again with a similar name on here. Anyway, I just bought a PS4 and have yet to open it up. Anyway, I need some ideas as to what game to get as I never did get in on the PS3. My last gen of gaming was a bit of Wii and some limited 360 (limited to basically Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas... man I love those games!!) so I missed out on a ton of games.

After reading... I'm leaning towards Infamous and Resogun. Those seem to getting decent reviews... and I saw the Pinball game at the store a month or so ago and I love pinball... seems like a must buy for me! Can you compete online (leaderboards or something) with the Pinball games?

I'll crack open the PS4 tomorrow and get things rolling... perhaps I'll have a game by then... if not, I'll buy something online. I love getting a new system... now I'll be able to play Fallout 4 whenever it comes out. :)

Yeah there's Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade. You get leaderboard scores and often times in Zen it will show friends' high scores while you play so you know what you need to beat your buddies. Both games have been around for a long time.

Infamous and Resogun have been my favorites thus far along with Outlast and Mercenary Kings.

Other games worth playing:

Towerfall

Tomb Raider

FF10

Warframe

AC: Black Flag (mainly for the graphics LOL)

Flower

Don't Starve

Strider

Sign up for PSplus because you can get a lot of games for free across all playstation systems.

Just started playing Infamous Second Son and it has me hooked. Never played the previous games but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

I have to signup for PS Plus and get Resogun. I also have my son requesting Octodad so that is likely to be on my PS4 in the near future. lol

I'm planning on getting a few games this weekend through a special promotion (any Canadians get gaming goodies through Shopper Drug Mart?

Then you'll know what I'm talking about!) I have $200 in free games to spend this weekend... gotta see what they have available... I can always get

PSN cards too.

Time to get back to some more Infamous...

• 2 weeks later...

Done with Second Son. I'll be playing evil mode though at some point, it was a lot of fun and a huge improvement over the originals on PS3.

Child of Light is next.....its a surprisingly great turn based RPG but haven't gotten too far in it (around level 5 currently). It has this interesting co-op mode which my wife can play along as well. Thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Too busy playing 3DS right now....

Was playing War Thunder quite a bit, but got burnt out on it. So I am basically not really using it much at all until some racing games (other then NFS) to come out for the system.

War Thunder is that WWII airplane game yah? It hasn't come out in the US yet, not sure why. I'm totally interested in it.

War Thunder is that WWII airplane game yah? It hasn't come out in the US yet, not sure why. I'm totally interested in it.

No it hasn't came out in the US yet due to the game having its own friend list and doesnt have much involvement with the PSN friend list, SCEA didnt like that fact and denied it, SCEE however doesnt have the same approval rules as SCEA so they approved it.

All you have to do is make a SCEE psn account (I made a Australian psn account), make sure you set the new profile as the systems primary (all it really does it set the share level so that all other accounts on the system can play said game. While still on the SCEE account go to their PSN store find and download war thunder. While its downloading you can switch back to your main US account and all you have to do is wait for it to download. Once downloaded you can play the game on any psn profile on your system.

But you have to make sure you set that SCEE profile as the systems primary, or you wont be able to play the game on any other profiles on your system (dont worry it wont mess with any other profile that's set as the systems primary).

War Thunder also doesnt require PS+ to play online.you do however have to keep that profile on your system to keep the game (I do believe) or it will delete the game with the profile.

Unfortunately this is the only way US PS4 players/owners can play it, unless you have a PC as its been out for PC and Mac users in the US for a while now.

Edited by madmax2069
  • Like 1