IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Diablo 3... Diablo 3 and more Diablo 3.

Oh and I had to check out the NHL 15 demo... looks good to me! Might be buying both Destiny and NHL 15 on the 9th!

I think Metro Redux is a victim of bad timing... I wanna get it but with all the other games I wanna get in the next month, it's slipping from the top of the list.

Diablo can really throw a bunch of monsters at you at one time!! My son & I were playing on Expert mode and hit a cursed chest.... man, I thought they would never stop spawning from all directions and in all shapes, sizes, and classes. The Monk being able to heal comes in handy sometimes, also.

Edited by Mendon

My wife and I started playing Diablo 3 over the weekend. It's pretty good. As compared to the various Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath games for the PS2, there are some UI deficiencies, but overall Diablo 3 seems to be a pretty good coop hack-n-slash.

RIP my level 22 Wizard in hardcore mode. Everything was going great on hard difficulty until I got frozen during a boss battle at an inopportune time.

I was trying out the wizard since I already have a Paragon level 57 monk, but I think I'll be using another monk when I try hardcore again. Those healing and invincibility powers come in handy!

Finished The Last of Us today, Wolfenstein weeks before that. Trying to get in some Destiny gaming this weekend but I kind of doubt it.....just busy especially tomorrow.

Will throw on Diablo (with wife) and Destiny some more next week for sure . Only games I got left besides the plus freebies.

Seriously trying not to have a backlog on current gen. :ponder:

Yep, ran into him several times.

He gets stronger and stronger with each player he kills until someone finally takes him out, where he then reverts back to his original strength and starts his random attacks all over again. I have not figured out what triggers his appearance in the game, just that he usually arrives when you are already in the midst of a big battle.

• Like 1

To anyone playing Diablo:

Has anyone run into a Nemisis and gotten killed? I have a few friends warning me that I'll run into a few of them :P

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about it's this:

http://kotaku.com/one-diablo-iii-feature-that-gets-the-game-back-to-its-r-1633638514

Decided to read the article.. I did hear about this but have not encountered this yet... could be my lack on PS Plus friends.

Question though (if you or anyone else knows) - what happens if this Nemesis appears while you are playing hardcore mode?

Destiny but this will be played casually when I have time. (Nevermind Im hooked )

Starting co-op Diablo this weekend.

On the side:

Playing Titan Attacks (Space Invaders clone) and Counterspy (seriously underrated Impossible Mission Clone)

Good lord are people really hard on 'modern' retro games. I love em'.

I've been playing Destiny all week and wanna play more this weekend. I'm currently level 11 and just enjoy 'grinding' on Earth..

Played in the crucible and got crucified... lol. Not something I'm good at... but I'll play more.

Just discovered the Destiny app and I'm getting some lore from the cards etc. I like this as you cant read in the game as its always live (although reading in your ship/or at the tower would work) and reading when away from home reminds me of the days of taking a game manual./catalog/Electronic Games mag to school to read while being away from my Atari. It's a great way to keep my interest! lol

Anyone wanna play online, I'll give it a shot... would be fun! This is feeling like Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast.

I expected to see a few posts here from people playing Velocity 2X (new PS4/PSV cross-buy/save game which has, as expected given its pedigree, gotten really good reviews), but maybe those people are too busy being addicted to the game to post. :P A pattern I've seen some people talk about, maybe not entirely in jest, is "play Destiny until you need a break, then play Velocity 2X until your fingers hurt," flipping between the two (presumably with rest and food somewhere in there). It's free on PS+ this month.

Disclaimer: I've known the developer for several years and do indeed want the game to do well. Because it's awesome!

onmode-ky

I expected to see a few posts here from people playing Velocity 2X (new PS4/PSV cross-buy/save game which has, as expected given its pedigree, gotten really good reviews), but maybe those people are too busy being addicted to the game to post. :P A pattern I've seen some people talk about, maybe not entirely in jest, is "play Destiny until you need a break, then play Velocity 2X until your fingers hurt," flipping between the two (presumably with rest and food somewhere in there). It's free on PS+ this month.

Disclaimer: I've known the developer for several years and do indeed want the game to do well. Because it's awesome!

onmode-ky

I picked that up and will fire it up this week. ALL I HEAR is good stuff so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

All the bitching about Destiny but people can't stop playing it, I'm one of them. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've returned from my Destiny addiction... for now... lol. I've enjoyed the game a lot and worked up to level 28. It's been fun and I've briefly tried the Vault of Glass... no real success... but I wasn't high enough of a level at the time. Time to try again? Maybe one day...

Played The Evil Within last night... I'm torn... I like the setting and everything but the game is difficult. It's only the first level and the game play is slow. I guess I need to give the game more of a chance but I quickly got frustrated with it. So frustrated that I popped Destiny back in so I could shoot some enemies and take my frustration out on them. lol

So I plan to play more Evil Within and maybe start Angry Birds Star Wars (it was really cheap lol and I'm a Star Wars guy).

on my shelf I can hear Diablo whispering my name... should I return to that universe?? hmmm

• 2 weeks later...