IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Yesterday I invaded a fortress with a silenced sniper rifle and chunks of beef.

Yep, chunks of beef. The beef brought bengal tigers. Once the base was cleared and the tiger had slaughtered several people, the tiger chased me. I ran. A second one joined the chase.

I jumped into a small pond close by, and watched the 2 tigers roaring at me from one side. I showed them, and began swimming to the other side. That's when the honey badger showed up. Unlike me, he really didn't give a shit about the 2 tigers.

There I sat. Waiting until the tigers went to decimate a truckload of people, and the honey badger ran off to help an eagle fight a scared shitless screaming sherpa.

Far Cry 4 is fucking awesome.

• Like 3

Yesterday I invaded a fortress with a silenced sniper rifle and chunks of beef.

Yep, chunks of beef. The beef brought bengal tigers. Once the base was cleared and the tiger had slaughtered several people, the tiger chased me. I ran. A second one joined the chase.

I jumped into a small pond close by, and watched the 2 tigers roaring at me from one side. I showed them, and began swimming to the other side. That's when the honey badger showed up. Unlike me, he really didn't give a shit about the 2 tigers.

There I sat. Waiting until the tigers went to decimate a truckload of people, and the honey badger ran off to help an eagle fight a scared shitless screaming sherpa.

Far Cry 4 is fucking awesome.

Eagles...wtf!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Future Shop shipped my copy of The Order 1886 early, so I've been playing it since Tuesday.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed with the game. For the type of game it is, it requires a really engrossing story. Unfortunately, the story is a mess and nothing really new. Combat is so incredibly dull, with enemies who are completely pattern based and pretty much just wait for you to kill them. There's also a ridiculous amount of hand holding throughout the game, especially given how limited your allowed interactions are.

The short play time that's been previously reported seems fairly accurate. I've played for about 3 hours and am on chapter 10 of 16. The developers say that play time should be significantly longer if you choose to explore, but I've seen so little ability to do so as it's an extremely linear game. I don't think I even seen anywhere substantial outside the main router that I could possible explorer.

I expect to be done the game in a couple days. I could have probably finished it this evening, but I stopped playing as I was getting bored. I'm actually happy for the short game length, so I can get get it over with and move on to the new Kirby game on the Wii U.

I expect to be done the game in a couple days. I could have probably finished it this evening, but I stopped playing as I was getting bored. I'm actually happy for the short game length, so I can get get it over with and move on to the new Kirby game on the Wii U.

Nice to know, I will be skipping the Order and if they ever release a sequel thats better then maybe I'll pick it up for dirt cheap.

I ordered Mario Party w. Amiibo on Wii U cause most people play it in my house even though each version doesn't do anything really new or better. I held off on Kirby since I'm not sure I'll like it, not sure if its the claymation but it looks kind of 'tedious' from the videos I saw. I still need to get through Bayonetta anyway. :P

I obtained my PS4 last week with GTA 5 and The Last of Us Remastered, but I've been playing Killzone Shadow Fall since yesterday. I downloaded a demo for Destiny on Monday, but I've been unable to play it because it still has to download 17 or 18 GB of stuff at dial up speeds. It's too bad about The Order, but I can't say I'm surprised. Seems they focused on the "movie aspect" like Gametrailers feared. Also been playing P.T. off and on exploring stuff I might have missed the first time I completely beat it, but only when my dog is in the room for moral support.

• Like 2

Is the single player campaign worth the purchase price?

In my opinion, the single player campaign is there only to teach you the basics of the hunters and monsters. However, you can raise your overall level and character mastery skills by playing the single player.

The main gameplay is in the multiplayer.

So no, the single player campaign is not worth the purchase alone. It is worth it for the online multiplayer.

Hope this info helps! :D

I finished The Order 1886 last night and am glad I did, as I can now move on to better games.

I really can't recommend this game at all. While it looks pretty and has decent voice acting, I found the gameplay to be absolutely horrid. For those interested, my entire play through took a total of 5hrs 10min on normal difficulty.

I finished The Order 1886 last night and am glad I did, as I can now move on to better games.

I really can't recommend this game at all. While it looks pretty and has decent voice acting, I found the gameplay to be absolutely horrid. For those interested, my entire play through took a total of 5hrs 10min on normal difficulty.

I've been hearing there are lengthy cut scenes, is this true? And is there a "New Game+" where your weapons/upgrades carry over or any incentive to play again?

The Order 1886 and loving every moment. It has just about all of my nerd loves rolled up into one game.

There's no New Game+ and I'd estimate that at least 1.5 hours of my 5 hour play time was cut scenes. The only incentive to play again is if you want to Platinum the game.

Theres a LOT of division on opinions on this game, critics pan it but some people love it for what it is. Here's the thing, I don't mind cutscenes or length of play being short if it has a good enough story, the characters are interesting and the game is immersive from the environments etc. I'm a fan of Walking Dead and those types of games where action takes a back seat to puzzles and interactive fiction. In other words you watch\read, make decisions and occasionally fight.

One thing that I cannot stand is QTE's ....if they are not done right.

The original God of War games did it right, it was just a part of the game, it "made sense" when QTE's happened and it was simply a feature to enhance gameplay. Resident Evil 6 and Telltales Jurassic Park did it horribly, horribly wrong where QTE's were thrown in seemingly at random mostly to annoy and made no sense at all.

So are the QTE's random annoying nonsense or do they add to the gameplay?

I don't care if a game is only 5 hours long and I don't care if half that time is cut scenes, as long as it's a quality 5 hours. For me, The Order 1886 has very little quality. The story is dull and unoriginal and the combat is bland when fighting humans and just absolutely lazy when fighting anything else.

I also don't mind QTEs. They don't work for me in this game, as they seem to be there due to the bad fighting mechanics and no other reason. There's nothing your character really does during QTEs that you shouldn't be able to pull off manually.

What they tried to do with the game is make a "Ryse: Son of Rome: equivalent game for the PS4. For what Ryse is, it's a very enjoyable game. It knows the type of game it is and works within those boundaries. The Order wants to pretend it's a full fledged 3rd person action game, but it isn't. You get very little control overall and the game is constantly holding your hand. Whenever there's actually something for you to do, it's as if very little thought went in to any of it. The Lycan fights are a perfect example. I can't imagine how they could have possibly made those any more lame than they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Kicking some booty in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. :grin:

Did you get the full release or the FTP version? I've been on the fence about this one since the full release only includes about 20% of all the content. I know it's just costumes, but buying a full priced game and still having to purchase things that should be unlockables doesn't sit well with me.

If Ayane has her Ninja Gaiden outfit in the basic game, I may go ahead and take the plunge.

Did you get the full release or the FTP version? I've been on the fence about this one since the full release only includes about 20% of all the content. I know it's just costumes, but buying a full priced game and still having to purchase things that should be unlockables doesn't sit well with me.

If Ayane has her Ninja Gaiden outfit in the basic game, I may go ahead and take the plunge.

I bought the full (disc) release and its got a ton of stuff in it so I'm happy with what the physical disc comes with, in fact I'm not sure what's missing. LOL

Ayane comes with her Ninja Gaiden outfits as does Ryu and Rachel. They have the full set of Ninja Gaiden outfits unlocked from the start so no need to play the game to unlock them. Right now I'm playing arcade mode on easy and unlocking as many costumes and content as I can. I haven't tried story mode yet.

It looks great, controls great, sounds great and the disc version has a lot of content from what I can tell but like I said I'm not really sure what's missing. I'll try and google a bit and find out.

Edit: I found this list of whats included on the disc

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html

Just entered the finale of Dying Light...I have to say, I have really enjoyed this game. The bugs were minimal (almost nonexistent), and the controls were very organic...both in movement of the character and in combat. All in all, I am pretty bummed to see the campaign end, but I am hopeful for some DLC's to come out and keep it going. Some folks have complained that the story line was too basic, but I would disagree. I'd give this game a solid 8 out of 10.

• Like 1

Finished Valiant Hearts: The Great War, and while it's not (as a pure game) the best puzzler - it is a truly amazing piece of artistic story based gaming and a fantastic experience. Highly recommended.

Started the Order 1888 but haven't got very far, too many other shiny distractions.

re: Dying Light - I played through on the XB1 and really enjoyed that game.

• 3 weeks later...