IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

I am wrapping up the Witcher 3 now. Great game, the final Showdown should be near.

This afternoon I'm gonna pick up MGSV: Phantom Pain. I'm a huge MGS nut and enjoyed Ground Zeroes with ist 2 hours more than the whole MGS4, so I am very excited.

Dishonored is pretty nice. I do prefer Deus Ex Human Revolution as far as stealthy non-MGS-games go for last gen, but Dishonored is still a must-Play. I got into it enough to Play it through with Zero kills.^^

Still have yet to play Deus Ex although the next game has an avalanche of pre-order nonsense. :(

Finished Dishonored (Chaos run) last week.

Playing:

Dragon Age - Trespass (DLC)

Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment..... was completely clueless on what to do in combat. Tutorial and translation were not good. I have a friend who offered to jump in and show me the ropes.

Solomon's Key - (Ripoff for 8 bucks but I love this arcade game)

Want to buy/play Metal Gear but I'm waiting for a deal.

Not much, but when I do, Dragon Age. I've had trouble really getting into this game and following the story. I played the first one and it's expansion on the 360. I stayed away from Dragon Age 2 based on reviews, so am I missing something. Doesn't help that this is that time if year where days will go by before I can even think about picking up a game controller.

Not much, but when I do, Dragon Age. I've had trouble really getting into this game and following the story. I played the first one and it's expansion on the 360. I stayed away from Dragon Age 2 based on reviews, so am I missing something. Doesn't help that this is that time if year where days will go by before I can even think about picking up a game controller.

Another day 1 game I attempted to like and just really could not be arsed with. I like RPGs of all flavours, but even for me this was just tedious and boring - buying the previous game day 1 should have been warning enough to stay away until bargain bin time. The Witcher 3 restored my faith and ate dozens of hours of my time.

Though i'm more currently a PC gamer, currently I've gone back to my 3rd attempt at full completion of Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sins (each time I never seem to finish it, tend to get distracted or change what i'm doing, but this time i'm making it through!).

And other than that, The Binding Of Isaac:Rebirth. Which I HIGHLY recommend that people sit down and really attempt to get into that game, as I was rather put off at it at first, but once I learned more about it and decided to do a 100% complete run on it, the game became one of my favorites that is easy to pick up each day, play for an hour and put back down. It's also on PC, *New* 3DS/WII-U, Xbox One and of course, the PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it any good?

It's not for everyone. It's basically an interactive horror movie, with a commitment to its own brand of 80's slasher movie campiness. I may not be the best person to ask since A). I love horror games and B) I love Telltale Games.

With that said, I just finished my 1st playthrough of Until Dawn. I liked it a lot. The best way I can describe it is, it is a high-budget TellTale style game with more realistic, movielike graphics. Was worth the money for me, and if they made more of them, I would buy them again.

If you ever plan on playing it, I would stay away from ANY vids or discussions of it like you would for any TellTale game. It is all over youtube and people are showing late parts in the game on videos that aren’t even about the game, so it’s like people are trying to spoil it or something. The surprise of everything as you play and figure stuff out is a big part of the experience and I am sure spoilers abound. If you do play it, I would give you one basic non-spoiler tip if you wanted. For me though, loved it.

Well, our family just got our PS4s (Brothers both got them for their birthdays and they're nice enough to let me play them) and while we only have three games, they're all fun to play

-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

-Destiny (With the Taken King and DLC and all that - they're both the Destiny PS4s)

-Bloodborne

I really didn't think the system looked all that great 'cause I have a gaming PC and Steam and all that goodness, but actually playing with the PS4 makes me like the system. I kinda look forward to getting more games and all that, it's pretty darn fun.

• Like 1

Just finished The Phantom Pain. Wow what a disappointment with regards to the ending(s). Glad I just watched the videos on YouTube and not plow through the stupid hard missions in "Chapter 2". Gameplay was great but they seriously messed up on the story big time.

I get what they were trying to do in regards to pushing Ocelot and Miller away from each other for the other games, but the "twist" felt sloppy and lazy compared to MGS3. How they handled the main villain was anti-climatic too. I don't think it was all Konami's fault either since Kojima has been slipping for awhile. The Patriot reveal in MGS4 felt rushed and sloppy too. For those who aren't invested in the story will probably love the gameplay.

One thing that really made me mad was how the one trailer in a very obvious way gave you the impression that you would see two big characters from MGS as children. It ended up just the one having an out of body experience or something, it wasn't explained and felt thrown in because they changed their minds about having the other character in it or something.

So in short everything regarding the story felt like a mess and a slap to the face. Gameplay oddly enough was perfect for the most part. It doesn't feel like a Metal Gear Solid game though.

Gameplay was great but they seriously messed up on the story big time.

There's a story behind all this? :P I've had a lot of fun with different MGS games over the years, but the 'storyline' has always looked like random piles of crap thrown randomly at walls. But I suppose even that description is implying far more cohesiveness than actually exists.

I've had fun with Phantom Pain so far though, good game :)

There's a story behind all this? :P I've had a lot of fun with different MGS games over the years, but the 'storyline' has always looked like random piles of crap thrown randomly at walls. But I suppose even that description is implying far more cohesiveness than actually exists.

It kind of reminds me of Lost. It starts off strong and they have you hooked. Soon they write themselves into a corner a bunch of times and the "pay off" isn't worth it. The third MGS game had the best story, best pay off, and took place during one of my favorite periods in history to learn about. This one you could tell the main focus was the gameplay. After awhile the missions start to feel the same and too repetitive. That's the one thing I hate about open world games.

MGS has some badly written elements too, but overall I would say that its stories are better and even more intelligent actually than in most games and movies. Phantom Pain is a let down in that regard though.

• Like 1

I never paid attention to the storyline in these games. The gameplay though is some of the best in video games without question. I usually play the game(s) and read up on it later.

Currently playing some Dragon Quest Heroes amidst Uncharted Collection.

Too many games and Fallout is coming up, I also picked up Wasteland 2..........

• Like 1

I never paid attention to the storyline in these games. The gameplay though is some of the best in video games without question. I usually play the game(s) and read up on it later.

Currently playing some Dragon Quest Heroes amidst Uncharted Collection.

Too many games and Fallout is coming up, I also picked up Wasteland 2..........

I am jealous. I picked Tales of Zesteria, with October being full of great releases... Wasteland 2, DQH, Uncharted, Disgaea 5, Divinity 2 as well as Dungeon Travelers 2 and Space Hulk on Vita.

And ironically, while I enjoyed Tales of Xillia a lot, Tales of Zesteria bores me to a coma. So many games this month, and I pick up the one that turns out to not be to my liking. No cash for another game either, so I will try to sell it.

Next months Fallout 4 hits, and Trails of Cold Steel for Vita...

Edited by 108 Stars

Just started Tales of Zestiria. I am a bit pissed because Namco disabled all share features, I can't even do screensots, which I always do. First PS4 game that I play that has this disabled. Bummer.

I didn't know Tales of Zestiria was out yet, but I still have a pile of previous Tales games for the PS3 to play plus Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, so I don't think I am going to be in a rush to pick this one up.

If you guys have a UK copy of the game or plan on buying it, Alisha's Story (DLC) is free for the next few weeks:

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner/brand/tales

Just sign up with an account on BandaiNamco's site above and check them out. They will send you a code to redeem on PSN.

PC\Steam users can get this too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got a PS4 again after selling my launch system a while back. Played some Mad Max today fun game so far. I have 10 other games so should hold me over for a bit anyway.

Mad Max

Dying Light

Helldivers

Uncharted Collection(beat these on ps3)

Metro Redux(beat last light once already)

Wolf: New Order (beat this one once already)

Wolf: old blood

Evil within

Edited by Iwantgames:)

I got a nice gift card from work, so I took advantage of Best Buy's "Buy 2 get 1 free" on new PS4 games, so I bough the following:

Bloodbourne

Mortal Kombat X

Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

I created a character in Bloodbourne and played it just a little yesterday at lunch. I LOVE the way it looks with the dark Gothic, Victorian era.

I'm not the greatest with fighting games, but the graphics looked amazing for MKX.

I love the Fallout series, so Wasteland 2 was a no brainer!

Can't wait for my Christmas vacation to being!!!

Uncharted Series...just picked up the PS4 Bundle. :)

Best part of this, was I was able to get it for free due to my available American Express points. Sadly, I travel so much for work, that I had enough points available to make this purchase.

Hope to pick up "The Last of Us" soon.