IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

• 3 weeks later...

Also got Bloodborne today but haven't tried it yet.

Bloodborne is a beautiful, scary, and VERY demanding game! I kinda have a love/hate relationship with it.

If you have never played any of the Dark Soul series, here is what you should know when you begin to play it:

1. You will die, early and often, and have to start again. There are few checkpoints, and NO SAVES. You will have to accept that dying over and over is part of the game. You will need patience. Once you get good enough though, you will start to smile as you play, especially when defeating enemies you used to be scared of.

2. One does not simply "hack and slash" their way through this game. Your attacks are slow, but so are your enemies. You have to watch for their attack patterns, and then counter.

Be sure to have your thumb next to the square button so that you can dodge their attacks, and be prepared to mash that button when fighting bosses. This strategy was the hardest for me to master, as I wanted to mash the attack trigger as fast as I could.

3. There is no map, so you will more than likely go exploring on your own. It is easy to get frustrated with what you are supposed to do next. I found this walkthrough very helpful:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/805577-bloodborne/faqs/71399

4. Be prepared for ambushes! Don't go blindly running around the maps, otherwise you will have a mob after you that will take you down quickly!

5. Play online, as you can read notes that other hunters that play online have left for you. Some are helpful in describing what to expect next when walking into new areas. Some aren't, but it adds to the experience of the game.

I was really frustrated by this game when I first got it. So I got on youtube, watched videos on top tips for beginners, and did some reading online as well. Stick with it, and you will have fun! I hope this advice helps!

I have read that compared to Battlefield and COD it's more arcade like. At close range it's more of a aimless firefight that requires less skill. Is their any truth to this?

I would describe it as more of a casual shooter. It's designed so pretty much anyone can hop on and play at some level. Having said that, I'm still enjoying it and consistently score as one of the top five players in matches.

Probably the most frustrating aspect of the game is there is no voice chat and many times you'll get stuck on a team that doesn't seem interested in playing the objectives, so it is difficult to rally and coordinate.

• Like 1

The Deadly Tower of Monsters!

I got it when it came out on Tuesday, and it was discounted to $9.98 instead of the $14.98 asking price!

If you love campy, Sci-fi B-movies, you will love this game. It's so much fun!

I may get that someday, reminds me of Escape from the planet of the robot monsters from Atari

Currently still playing DQ Heroes

• Like 1

I may get that someday, reminds me of Escape from the planet of the robot monsters from Atari

Currently still playing DQ Heroes

So, what level of ice cream maker are you? J/k! I knew what you meant!

I just finished The Tower of Deadly Monsters, last night. It has an interesting ending, and there are achievements to go back and try to get.

Fun Fact: Our new barcade in Cedar Rapids has the Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters stand up arcade, and its only a quarter a play!

• Like 1

Fun Fact: Our new barcade in Cedar Rapids has the Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters stand up arcade, and its only a quarter a play!

What?! I haven't seen that in ages! Used to love late 80's Atari games. Stunrunner, Roadblasters etc.

Still playing Blood Bowl 2, got 2 more matches in Story mode :) but I picked up Pinball arcade, putty squad and arcania the complete tale today and also preordered Song of The Deep(which is only avaliable at GameStop in physical form)

Arcania! A guilty pleasure. I beat it, that game was ultra cheezy. Wasnt as horrible as some say but definitely skip the DLC expansion it was awful. Just play the main game and beat it but it should be on your low priority list if you have a huge backlog of games. Its an old RPG by today's standards.

Ed - Just picked up a game called Q.U.B.E. Its an unnerving 1st person puzzle game where your trapped in outer space in a cube hurtling towards earth. If your claustrophobic or get nervous being "alone" this game is not for you. :P

The Witness.

shot_2015.03.25__time_14_39_n01.png

$40/£30 might seem pricey, especially for "just a puzzle game", but I can honestly say I haven't spent a better £30 for quite some time (well... there was that bargain pair of running shoes, but still...).

If you want to shut the world out, explore a beautiful island, give your brain a nice little workout rather than just more of the same old shootbang, then it's well worth taking a look. It's not really something you can just pick up for 5 minutes and pick at now and again, it's immersive and rewarding, not just a series of puzzles that could be played in 2d on any old machine, but an experience that draws in the world around you and plays with light/shadow/reflection/audio and more stuff too spoilery to mention. I'd say for me it's one of those rare cases of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. It looks and sounds great, the puzzles are very well designed and paced, the observational easter eggs/fun things are amazing to discover and have had me literally uttering "whoa...", there's something new around every corner and... well, do yourself a favour, if you have the spare cash and some time on your hands, just go play it :0)

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I haven't got far in this game. Its good but very hard!

I finished it and after that there's new game plus etc but I didn't feel like more. Traded it in and now that there's the expansion edition, I may pick that up to see the new stuff.

Right now though... I've only been playing the NHL app on my PS4... I'm in between games at the moment. Not sure what to play next.

Picked up Fallout 4 last week and played for 21hrs this weekend :P

lol... got the Platinum trophy on that one... spent over 200 hours on the game. Must wait for DLC....

You know that story where one of the devs said they played 400hours and didn't see everything... I'm starting to believe it... I barely explored the south and barely touched the east coast. I suppose I can go exploring still but wanted to save something for the DLC.