IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

WipeOut Omega Collection, kicking it off right after work until I get a seizure from all the flashy lights and speed.

So hyped for this game, its unreal; last time I spend some proper time with this was on the PS1, since I skipped the entire PS3 era, and don't get me started on @#*&$ Fusion.

Looove Wipeout :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With F1 on vacation for the month of August I finally pulled out my F1 2016 game to play. I had a blast in career mode and completed the first 3 races yesterday.

Some of the highlights (signed with Haas):

1. The first race in Australia I racked up 2 penalties in practice and got a 10 grid spot penalty, one of which was someone hitting me from behind? Started 11th but fell back to last because I didn't quite understand the starting procedure and worked my way through to finish 8th.

2. The second race I ignored the pit wall and went two extra laps and blew a front tire right after pit entrance. I limped all the way around the track, pitted, and came out in 8th. I had to pass two cars on track and the rest pitted to let me through for the win.

3. The third race, Hamilton and Vettel got by me into the first corner, but I kept on the attack and had the lead by the end of sector 1. After my pit stop I came out right behind my teammate who had not pitted yet. I suddenly understood how the real drivers feel as I aggressively attacked and passed him to show him who the number 1 driver in the team was.

I've finally been playing The Last of Us Remastered and have been enjoying it until the Winter chapter. I'm at a part in the game where you're forced to kill a bunch of infected AND multiple clickers, can insta-kill you, in a small space. Plus you take more damage than usual, heal MUCH slower than usual, and the friendly NPC does nothing. Those gameplay mechanics translate horribly to action shooter parts. If the game was fun or fair I'd tough it out, but I have too many unbeaten games that are actually fun. Besides the story, I don't get the praise for this game. It's glitchy, cheap, and unfair even on the easiest difficulty setting.

Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 1

I've finally been playing The Last of Us Remastered and have been enjoying it until the Winter chapter. I'm at a part in the game where you're forced to kill a bunch of infected AND multiple clickers, can insta-kill you, in a small space. Plus you take more damage than usual, heal MUCH slower than usual, and the friendly NPC does nothing. Those gameplay mechanics translate horribly to action shooter parts. If the game was fun or fair I'd tough it out, but I have too many unbeaten games that are actually fun. Besides the story, I don't get the praise for this game. It's glitchy, cheap, and unfair even on the easiest difficulty setting.

I found the game to be easy and have beaten it 6x lol I love this game but everyone's tastes are different

• Like 1

I found the game to be easy and have beaten it 6x lol I love this game but everyone's tastes are different

It's just that one part that killed it for me. Because your character is so weak, if you get hit one time it's almost an instant death. If a developer forces you to play a more action packed part in a game that punishes you for not using stealth, I think they need to make that part reasonable. By giving you access to a shotgun or have the AI do something besides walk around like it's a Sunday morning in the park.

Plus it's not uncommon for my downloaded copy to glitch. At the same part, I got by the one later and easier wave without clickers, but had low health and no health packs. The game auto saved and thought I should retry that wave since it was easy. Well I restarted the encounter, and it even said a minute ago, but it took me back to the very beginning of the room where I struggled. I think I'd tolerate the game more if it wasn't so glitchy. The game was free when I bought my system, so I'll always have it. I might give it yet another chance down the road as unlikely as it seems at the moment.

Been playing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and also Fallout 4. After playing Fallout 4 to death on XBOX One and PC I thought I'd buy the PS4 version to both support one of my favorite developers/publishers but also because I like to collect all versions of a game/series that I really like.

Oceanhorn should be arriving soon so I'll play that.

Too hot to be gaming much right now. I plan on starting in on Utawarerumono whenever the heat and humidity start to give.

If you want, you can get a dehumidifier and a window fan that directs the hot air out. The downside is you're forced to play with headphones. I do this until I can't take sweaty ears anymore. A lot of people where I live always complain about the cold and snow. I much prefer it to hot and humid, and I know my electronics would too. Nights here are pretty cool, but it still gets very humid.

A lot of people where I live always complain about the cold and snow. I much prefer it to hot and humid, and I know my electronics would too. Nights here are pretty cool, but it still gets very humid.

Dude, you're not kidding. Lived in Texas 37 of my nearly 38 years on Earth and fuck this shit. I literally have had enough of this sweat-box of a region of the country. While I'm not a fan of extreme cold--well I should say my bad JOINTS aren't--I would trade for it over this junk we have here. I leave for work in the mornings @ 7:30am and when it is already near or above 90ºF with 40~60% humidity I just want to die. This is interesting though because I used to like it. I was the guy driving with his windows down and A/C off in 90ºF+ weather. I also wore shorts and T-shirts in freezing temperatures because it didn't bother me but I didn't care for it... I just prefer shorts over pants.

So, I know when this changed, and it literally changed in 1 week, slightly less to be honest. September last year my wife and I took a trip to Alaska for my brother's wedding (outdoor wedding near Denali) and the weather was brilliant. Mid to low 50's for highs and upper 30's F to low 40's F for lows. Here's the kicker, there was very little to zero wind where we were at and after about a day we got used to this and started to really enjoy it. We flew back to DFW and walked out of the airport and as soon as the outside sliding glass door opened BAM a wall of sauna-like air hit the both of us. Now I just cannot get enough cold, I crave it. Not Alaska winter kind of cold but pretty much whatever Flagstaff is year round if I'm honest. In late June we went on a road trip to California in my Charger and on the way back stayed in Flagstaff and Santa Fe and the weather was BRILLIANT. It was 112-118ºF where we were in New Mexico/Arizona/California on the way there so when we arrived in Flagstaff on the way back and the temps were 79-83ºF during the day this made us realize how much awesomeness that was has really made us appreciate the 2-3 weeks of the year here were the weather is nice where we live here in Texas.

So tell those people who complain about the cold to put on more layers of clothing because when you're hot and humid you can only take off so much... LOL

Dude, you're not kidding. Lived in Texas 37 of my nearly 38 years on Earth and fuck this shit. I literally have had enough of this sweat-box of a region of the country. While I'm not a fan of extreme cold--well I should say my bad JOINTS aren't--I would trade for it over this junk we have here. I leave for work in the mornings @ 7:30am and when it is already near or above 90ºF with 40~60% humidity I just want to die. This is interesting though because I used to like it. I was the guy driving with his windows down and A/C off in 90ºF+ weather. I also wore shorts and T-shirts in freezing temperatures because it didn't bother me but I didn't care for it... I just prefer shorts over pants.

So, I know when this changed, and it literally changed in 1 week, slightly less to be honest. September last year my wife and I took a trip to Alaska for my brother's wedding (outdoor wedding near Denali) and the weather was brilliant. Mid to low 50's for highs and upper 30's F to low 40's F for lows. Here's the kicker, there was very little to zero wind where we were at and after about a day we got used to this and started to really enjoy it. We flew back to DFW and walked out of the airport and as soon as the outside sliding glass door opened BAM a wall of sauna-like air hit the both of us. Now I just cannot get enough cold, I crave it. Not Alaska winter kind of cold but pretty much whatever Flagstaff is year round if I'm honest. In late June we went on a road trip to California in my Charger and on the way back stayed in Flagstaff and Santa Fe and the weather was BRILLIANT. It was 112-118ºF where we were in New Mexico/Arizona/California on the way there so when we arrived in Flagstaff on the way back and the temps were 79-83ºF during the day this made us realize how much awesomeness that was has really made us appreciate the 2-3 weeks of the year here were the weather is nice where we live here in Texas.

So tell those people who complain about the cold to put on more layers of clothing because when you're hot and humid you can only take off so much... LOL

I'm weird, I like both winter cold and (especially) snow AND hot and humid days. Everybody else around here complains bitterly about these things.

I've picked my Rocket League addiction back up recently. It's a really fun game, but it gets frustrating when trying to play competitive doubles with random people. Some people are just perpetual ball chasers and blame you for everything. Oh well, that's the nature of random partners. Another reason I keep playing this game is it's a perfect one to just relax and play while playing some good music.

I've picked Persona 5 back up recently as well. It's a great game for the end of the night. Pour a drink, listen to the music, choose your next move.

I've been craving something different lately, though. I want something punishing with slow buildup, like a survival game. I started doing some research about the best survival games available right now, but it actually set me back. There are a few on PC in a seemingly endless state of "early access" with constant updates changing the way the games work. I'm not sure I want to buy a game like that, yet some of them have very dedicated fans and communities. Does anyone here play survival games and have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, new to the ps4 area!

I started up Sonic Mania and am loving that so far! Also been playing Pinball Arcade and picked up a few boards from my childhood i remember (T2, Twilight Zone, Dracula, Addams Family) and was pleasantly surprised to find out i'm pretty ok at pinball hah.

I'm trying to muster the strength to beat shovel knight but i hate the bounce mechanic and cursed castilla is just damn hard at times.

Hello all, new to the ps4 area!

I started up Sonic Mania and am loving that so far! Also been playing Pinball Arcade and picked up a few boards from my childhood i remember (T2, Twilight Zone, Dracula, Addams Family) and was pleasantly surprised to find out i'm pretty ok at pinball hah.

I'm trying to muster the strength to beat shovel knight but i hate the bounce mechanic and cursed castilla is just damn hard at times.

I agree that Sonic Mania is pretty awesome.